Your Studio and You | Inside Universal Forums

Your Studio and You

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I am OBSESSED with that video! I've watched it so many times over the years. It's such classic USH humor! I've referenced it on here a few times, I don't think anyone caught it! (Old and stupid) :p

I'm hoping you guys know that this was made by the creators of South Park, Matt Stone and Trey Parker. (Trey's distinct voice can be heard narrating)

Fantastic video. Everytime I saw a deer on property I couldn't help but hope it was porcelain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really?!?! Great fun fact Brover! That makes me like it even more now!

And unfortunately every time the tram goes through Amity/the Jaws animation, I just think "old and stupid" :p

What's the timeframe of when this was filmed?

Really?!?! Great fun fact Brover! That makes me like it even more now!
Yup, actually I just forgot, M&T have a cameo at 13 minutes drinking wine coolers. The president of Seagrams wanted a gag video to be made for a party in early 1996, and somebody internally recommended Trey Parker having seen the infamous "Spirit of Christmas" video (I've once heard that it was Brian Grazer, but I'm not sure), and he was hired to write and conceive it along with Matt. Needless to say, it wasn't something that the company would've liked to see made public, but Seagrams no longer owns Universal so who cares?

Yup, actually I just forgot, M&T have a cameo at 13 minutes drinking wine coolers. The president of Seagrams wanted a gag video to be made for a party in early 1996, and somebody internally recommended Trey Parker having seen the infamous "Spirit of Christmas" video (I've once heard that it was Brian Grazer, but I'm not sure), and he was hired to write and conceive it along with Matt. Needless to say, it wasn't something that the company would've liked to see made public, but Seagrams no longer owns Universal so who cares?
Psht, it's better than most of the crap Universal has released in recent years....

Side note - 95 and 96 saw Waterworld and JP arrive. Those were pretty good years.
(And hey, 1996 wasn't all that bad. Two words: Jurassic Park ;) )
By that time, the park was still living off the high from the MCA years.

Give this article a read if you're interested to see what Seagrams did to Universal as a whole: http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/6157

Yes, Jurassic Park and WaterWorld made 1996 an arguably good year, but the Seagrams acquisition basically undid all the progress that was made - both within the park and within the company. Edgar Bronfman Jr. turned Universal Studios Hollywood into his own personal playground.