Your Ideal or Dream USH | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Your Ideal or Dream USH

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would like to see The Fast and the Furious as a practical ride similar to Disney's cars attraction or test track. Space would be the only issue though.

Reactions: Alexshow.
I would like to see The Fast and the Furious as a practical ride similar to Disney's cars attraction or test track. Space would be the only issue though.
I have suggested that... I hope someone finds a way to fit it in the park (By the way I don't like the movies, but I would love a new ride, anything!!)

If you said you're "sick and tired of simulators",do you hate simulators?
I know this question was directed at Allen, but I'm going to add my input.

I don't hate simulators, but there's SO much more you can do with a ride. Making a simulator is the cheap, easy, and I dare say lazy way to make a ride (in my opinion). I don't have a problem with them (although I don't prefer them and I don't think USH needs anymore), I can't tell you how many times I've been in line for Simpsons listening to people get instantly disappointed when they realize it's just a motion simulator. Some people get right off the line and go on the 'real rides.'

I know this question was directed at Allen, but I'm going to add my input.

I don't hate simulators, but there's SO much more you can do with a ride. Making a simulator is the cheap, easy, and I dare say lazy way to make a ride (in my opinion). I don't have a problem with them (although I don't prefer them and I don't think USH needs anymore), I can't tell you how many times I've been in line for Simpsons listening to people get instantly disappointed when they realize it's just a motion simulator. Some people get right off the line and go on the 'real rides.'
Beautifully put. I don't hate simulators. Two of my all time favorite rides, Soarin' Over California and Back To The Future, are simulators. I just hate that Universal uses simulators as a cheap way out to increase attraction count and basically most simulators don't have much originality to them and usually aren't the highest quality made attractions and....I honestly can go on. You can't beat going through a grand physical set like in Indiana Jones or Pirates of the Caribbean. My issue with simulators is mostly exclusive to USH, as there's such a high concentration of film based attractions. There's way too many. And with the future Despicable Me, if it's anything like Florida's, that will kinda suck :/

I like simulators. There are some things you can do with simulators that you can't do with dark rides, and vice versa. The biggest issue is that there's too many of them at USH, and considering 3D movies are extremely common nowadays, people want something more exciting and physical and original that they CAN'T experience in their local theatre. Disney is better at offering that. But Universal does an excellent job at rides like Transformers and Spiderman and FJ which use SOME projections.

I finally checked out a video of the Singapore attraction "Lights, Camera, Action!" hosted by Stephen Spielberg.  It has such a classis feel, like ET or Backdraft.  I appreciate that it is not based on a specific IP, and combines a special effects overview with a practical show, drawing upon the best of the past.  The director/filming setup is dated, but I think there is value to finding and preserving nostalgia in HOW Universal attraction are developed and presented, not necessarily WHAT property used.  That is our Nostalgia in an ever changing park.  Time for the marketing team to highlight 100 years of "limited time magic" by asking the public to see "a whole new Universal of entertainment" every 7 to ten years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HjujThsrOg