Woman without arms files Complaint against Universal | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Woman without arms files Complaint against Universal

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know this might be impossible, but is it possible for Universal to develop a type of harness for these situations so these people can enjoy the majority the rides and not feel leftout like how there are bigger seats on some attractions for larger guest?

But does it really? That's the question here. How many other parks have this same policy for their Dumbo type spinner rides?
Universal would rather be more cautious. Especially after the incidents at Cat in the Hat, The Mummy and DD. If she was allowed on the teacups I'd be surprised. Unfortunately Disney doesn't list ride requirements online except for mobility, blindness and hearing.

Universal would rather be more cautious.
Yeah no one can dispute that Universal would rather be cautious. Every business would obviously like to take the most cautious route possible. Unfortunately that doesn't necessarily excuse Universal from being accused of discrimination or mean that they will win the case simply because they were "being cautious".

Universal would rather be more cautious. Especially after the incidents at Cat in the Hat, The Mummy and DD. If she was allowed on the teacups I'd be surprised. Unfortunately Disney doesn't list ride requirements online except for mobility, blindness and hearing.

I guarantee she is allowed on teacups, along with ever other ride in Disney with no height restriction. How do I know this? My son could get on every ride at Disney with no height restriction.

Universal has some silly rules compared to other parks. Example is the spinner. They made my youngest be in the outside then my next child, then my husband. It was so not safe for my 1 year old to not be next to my husband, but that is how they wanted it for some odd reason.

I think this lawsuit was probably a setup, but Universal should really look at their rules and work with the manufacturer to change some of them. I agree that there are several rides she should be able to get on.

Reactions: s8film40
Decided to take a look through the Universal Orlando Riders Guide on their website, and nothing I noticed seemed to be overly restrictive compared to what I expected. While I didn't notice any rides that allowed 2 legs instead of one arm and one leg as Cedar Point does for a handful of rides (or both arms in leiu of full legs), I don't find the omission surprising, and if I did not already know such exceptions existed in CP's guide I would have been surprised to see that listed as an option. They only require one arm, and only in a few instances must it be "natural," and not a prosthesis. This makes sense in order to maintain the expected proper riding position for most all of the rides. In fact, in going back to take another look, Universal doesn't specify any more than two extremities (one arm and one leg) as necessary, whereas Cedar Point specifies needing at least 3 functioning extremities for many attractions, including kiddy/family rides like Woodstock's Whirlybirds (a miniature teacups ride). Heck, outside of the roller coasters, Universal seems to only require a partial leg that extends to or beyond the edge of the seat (so an amputation at or below the knee), which is more inclusive than Cedar Point for even their smallest and most tame rides. So really, I would say that Universal provides a much more accommodating situation than Cedar Point, all things considered, and probably does so compared to most any other US park.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
d96c86e0dd76c5f15cfeaf8ae6549f53.png

*It was at this moment Jessica realized that she just offended the entire legless community*