Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Ministry of Magic (Epic Universe) | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Ministry of Magic (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
“Why aren’t there any family-friendly Potter rides?”

“Why is Mario Kart so slow?”

Not really a contradiction. Mario Kart could’ve been better as a faster ride. Then you pair it with a no height limit actual Yoshi’s Island dark ride or one based on the main Super Mario Bros. series with us following Mario and Luigi on their quest to save Peach from Bowser.

When it comes to Potter their expansion past Forbidden Journey seems very weird in hindsight. The Forbidden Forest should’ve been the dark ride, and Gringotts should’ve been the Hagrid level coaster. I would even argue that Gringotts didn’t need an appearance from Harry and the gang.

Reactions: Casper Gutman
I was born in 99, and mostly watched the movies when they came out starting when I was around 5 or 6, but I get the sense that parents these days are much more protective about what their kids see.
It is the kids. Most parents I know are not protective and it is more that their kid is going to have nightmares or run out of the room crying. And it is different for every kid. My kids can watch one thing I think will be fine and in the end they are not and we have to stop the movie. So for me I am not going to show my 6 year old a movie I know will give him nightmares, it helps no one especially since he is the WORST when he has lack of sleep. My girls could handle lack of sleep, he absolutely cannot.

But my daughter's friends started watching stranger things in 6th grade and we took them to howl o scream. However after two houses my daughter was done with houses. She would do zones, but houses was a no go. We still plan to take her to HHN this year and we are aware houses may be a no go, but she gets a free pass so no biggie. My 9 year old seems to handle more and is begging to go to HHN, I am thinking that is a bad idea lol

The last thing Universal wants is any of their parks get a reputation for being a "kiddie park" like the MK does. It restricts Disney from doing stuff in the MK aimed at older kids (look at what happened with Alien Encounter).
I don't think any of their parks will ever be that and they shouldn't. They just need to be a little more well rounded and Universal most recent moves shows they are seeing that and trying.

I don't think any of their parks will ever be that and they shouldn't. They just need to be a little more well rounded and Universal most recent moves shows they are seeing that and trying.
Kid-focused, no, but they definitely should create attractions that at least give families an opportunity to ride together without fear of motion sickness and/or screen simulation.

Not really a contradiction. Mario Kart could’ve been better as a faster ride. Then you pair it with a no height limit actual Yoshi’s Island dark ride or one based on the main Super Mario Bros. series with us following Mario and Luigi on their quest to save Peach from Bowser.

When it comes to Potter their expansion past Forbidden Journey seems very weird in hindsight. The Forbidden Forest should’ve been the dark ride, and Gringotts should’ve been the Hagrid level coaster. I would even argue that Gringotts didn’t need an appearance from Harry and the gang.
I’m not sure I understand you. I think your blueskying is cool, but I’m not sure how it’s in disagreement with Dodgson’s point.

People want tamed down versions of the Potter IP, and a more common Nintendo complaint (see your post) is that MK is too slow. He’s just pointing out that it’s kinda weird to hold both of these opinions at the same time.

I’m not sure I understand you. I think your blueskying is cool, but I’m not sure how it’s in disagreement with Dodgson’s point.

People want tamed down versions of the Potter IP, and a more common Nintendo complaint (see your post) is that MK is too slow. He’s just pointing out that it’s kinda weird to hold both of these opinions at the same time.
Nintendo could’ve still had a slower dark ride. The concept of Mario Kart doesn’t lend itself to being slow so it’s a strange choice to make into a slower ride. It’s all about context which is why I also brought up Potter.

At the end of the day Universal does need slower paced dark rides but they also need to utilize concepts that make sense for that format like Pets over in Hollywood.

Reactions: Suchomimus and Nico
So this is the last indoor ride to receive its ride vehicles ?

There better be at least one FB character in this land hopefully

The characters of Harry Ron hermione fudge and shacklebolt all have appearances in the queue and the ride but the original actors did not film for it. Their likenesses are digitally recreated with CG,,

Newt (for live show) and umbridge original actors did film with universal for their sections,,
That in and of itself is not necessarily AI, although based on your description I guess this digital recreation would involve deepfakes somehow?

The characters of Harry Ron hermione fudge and shacklebolt all have appearances in the queue and the ride but the original actors did not film for it. Their likenesses are digitally recreated with CG,,

Newt (for live show) and umbridge original actors did film with universal for their sections,,
For Harry, Ron and Hermione, while the actors could not be physically present to film scenes for the rides, did they at least provide the voice acting for the CG recreations? That is how I interpret things here.

Reactions: Ahmanet
For Harry, Ron and Hermione, while the actors could not be physically present to film scenes for the rides, did they at least provide the voice acting for the CG recreations? That is how I interpret things here.
I'd imagine not. They'll probably use soundalikes, similarly to how they handled Gringotts and The Hogwarts Express for Harry and Hermione.

Nice to hear that Newt is confirmed for the live show.

I imagine no Depp or Miller on the scene though, right?

I don't care how they recreate Harry, Ron, or Hermione. Getting Imelda Staunton to reprise her role as Dolores Umbridge will help make this the greatest dark ride of all time.
I’m totally intrigued as to how they will all interact in the attraction. And how the CG Harry, Ron and Hermione will stand up to the depiction of Umbridge. Presuming they’ve used actual visuals of Staunton’s character.

Reactions: Ahmanet

Fudge raises some really thorny questions since the actor passed away about seven years ago. If this is set after the films, it seems it would have been very easy not to include him - there would be a new Minister we haven’t seen in the films, correct?

Beyond that, I understand the issues with Hermione and Harry but I’m surprised Ron and Shacklebolt couldn’t be persuaded.

She is a very memorable character , but had to look up her official fate:

"With the fall of Lord Voldemort, Dolores Umbridge was put on trial for her enthusiastic co-operation with his regime, and convicted of the torture, imprisonment and deaths of several people (some of the innocent Muggle-borns she sentenced to Azkaban did not survive their ordeal)."

... hope she is going HAM on this ride against the Ministry agents trying to take her into custody lol

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
If it's fleeting and in the distance like in Gringotts the AI/CGI may not be so bad but a touch of uncanny valley wouldn't be a surprise.

Getting Imelda Staunton to reprise her role as Dolores Umbridge will help make this the greatest dark ride of all time.
This is what I'm really looking forward to. There's no way the ride would feel the same without her.

In the books and movies it was like she was holding back to some degree. Since this is after the conclusion of the main story there's no facade to maintain.