Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Ministry of Magic (Epic Universe) | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Ministry of Magic (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hogwarts Express is one of the best family friendly rides at the resort
I think that's more a reflection of its relative lack of competition in that regard!

As a transportation system, it's incredibly cool and represents an "above-and-beyond" mentality to theming that I wish was the standard in every theme park.

As a ride experience, I think it's fine. It gets a lot of mileage out of the themed compartments.

Reactions: Casper Gutman
Universal is well aware of weakness regarding more kid friendly attractions and is already starting the process of remedying it through various projects.

They understand their market and stick to it simply because it has worked for them over the years. I’m sure they have more planned in the future to address any shortcomings in the lineup.

The MMOM ride will basically be a next gen SCOOP with the ability to rise up 12 feet. So it would be able to create the sensation of free falling. But the ride track is on one level.
So... Essentially Spider-Man but on a Forbidden Journey arm? If so, holy crap.

So... Essentially Spider-Man but on a Forbidden Journey arm? If so, holy crap.

Not quite, think of this as a Scoop which can raise itself much higher than what the ones on Spiderman/Transformers can. It's not going to be moving around like a Kuka arm can.

No. it will still be on a grounded track like Spider Man and Transformers.

Like with Spiderman and Transformers, Forbidden Journey runs on a bus bar as well.

Reactions: HHN Maddux
It’s nearly the same motion base as Star Tours, which if you’ve ever seen run can go up and down to start and end the ride by extending the 3 points of motion in unison.

Which is pretty similar to the original Spider-Man vehicle, just with the ability for much longer up/down giving it more range of motion overall.

Cause the whole vehicle is MUCH larger.

No. it will still be on a grounded track like Spider Man and Transformers.
Im sure it will still be a great ride and probably still the best in the park. However ngl from what we know in terms of ride system rn I can’t help but be kinda disappointed. I just hope its not too similar to transformers and spiderman to where it’s pretty much the same ride with just a “better” system and effects

So many questions:

1. So is it really just a miniaturized Star Tours vehicle on a track?

2. How many people does this thing seat?

3. Does the vehicle have blinders or no (another way to phrase this, how big are the show scenes)?

4. Does the size of the vehicle necessitate that it moves more slowly across the ride track (which likely doesn't matter so much if the vehicles are moving through highly themed vertical space).

• Wow
Reactions: Ahmanet
So many questions:

1. So is it really just a miniaturized Star Tours vehicle on a track?

2. How many people does this thing seat?

3. Does the vehicle have blinders or no (another way to phrase this, how big are the show scenes)?

4. Does the size of the vehicle necessitate that it moves more slowly across the ride track (which likely doesn't matter so much if the vehicles are moving through highly themed vertical space).
1. It’s a big Scoop motion base with Tower of Terror style seating rows.

2. 12 (I think)

3. Side walls like an elevator but very open front. Giant show scenes. But also smaller elevator shaft themed scenes in between too.

4. It won’t move any slower than Spider-Man/Transformers.

Here is the motion base patent: US11027210B2 - Motion generating platform assembly - Google Patents

IMG_7320.png

What about Harry Potter is family friendly to the toddlers that these rides are not aimed at? My 9 and 13 year old (actual target age for the movies with 9 watching the first couple and 13 can watch all of them) ride all the rides in HP lands except the castle one. That even scared my 13 year old. But guess what? The movies also slightly scare them. The rides are absolutely up to par with the movies in terms of target youth age. They are meant to scare you because the movies scare you. Keep in mind several of the movies are PG-13.

I agree they will never SOLELY look for the families with ONLY 0-9. However, they do need to compete for the larger families with older and younger kids. Which I have seen lately that is where they are going. httyd is a perfect example of a well balanced area with play areas, theater show, family coaster, family water ride, and more thrilling flat ride. There truly is something for every age group in that area. Focusing on re-doing the one kids area in Universal also shows me this and that Pokemon is the rumor (widely popular in the 4+ age groups) also shows me this.

Your argument makes no sense. HP is PG-13 for a lot of their movies so it makes sense their rides would be too. Do you even have kids? Because I can tell you HP is not something real young kids are into at all. Sure they like the wands and the magic of it all, but they do not understand it at all. The books were meant for Tweens to read not kids.

I will also say by the time my son liked Mario he was already 40+ inches tall.
The last thing Universal wants is any of their parks get a reputation for being a "kiddie park" like the MK does. It restricts Disney from doing stuff in the MK aimed at older kids (look at what happened with Alien Encounter).

Reactions: Ahmanet