Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 3 | Page 48 | Inside Universal Forums

Wizarding World - Diagon Alley Discussion - Part 3

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
At the risk of sounding like an idiot, has anyone seen that little cave/crevice hole in the hogwarts mountain right before you enter the FJ queue? I've always wanted to go in and see whats in there but I figured it was a TM entrance or something

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, has anyone seen that little cave/crevice hole in the hogwarts mountain right before you enter the FJ queue? I've always wanted to go in and see whats in there but I figured it was a TM entrance or something
I was there just last week and on my way to get our stuff from the lockers (I tend to get lost and miss the OBVIOUS retrieval point) I saw that little cave and wanted to go in so badly!! I didn't want to risk getting reprimanded or punished before I went on Kong :)

Hello! I have been planning a trip to Universal Orlando and we might be going in about 3 weeks and my son has been excited about Diagon Alley and I want to buy him an interactive wand. So, few questions, is it worth the money? and is there a video or something to tell me where to find the "markers" to set off the spells? I want to not miss anything if you get what I mean :tongue: He also have been working on a mini project on Diagon since he is excited, on minecraft and he's doing a good job in getting most of the details from photos and videos. So that would be helpful haha.
Thanks!
Yeah we had quite a bit of fun with it, but we each had bought one of the regular wands before so keep in mind we like our trinkets. The box and map are both pretty nice.

My biggest recommendation is after you purchase it ask one of the shop keepers for the replacement map. The replacement is just a little piece of paper with all the same information, but its free so who cares if it gets ruined. There is no way to get a replacement of one of the nice maps.

I was there just last week and on my way to get our stuff from the lockers (I tend to get lost and miss the OBVIOUS retrieval point) I saw that little cave and wanted to go in so badly!! I didn't want to risk getting reprimanded or punished before I went on Kong :)

Ive wandered back there. It doesn't go very far back, and there's nothing really there.

Reactions: martymcflyy85
Ive wandered back there. It doesn't go very far back, and there's nothing really there.

Well, it serves a few purposes. It's the emergency exit for the Locker area - if the fire doors close it's the only way to get out. You can see that door from the alcoves near the lockers - often mistaken for a normal exit due to required signage. It also is an emergency exit for the single riders and regular queue as well, those are less obvious double doors you'll see down in the dungeon area once you split off from the Express/Accommodation line.

And it has a fairly large storage space. Note the lower square of "Hogwarts" that's below the big tower. Those arches that make a big square:

3WPj0bW.jpg

That entire space is hollow. Up at the level of the actual arches there's a mesh/screen floor that has some lighting equipment atop it, but otherwise it's a clear open space from the ground to the sky. You can see the backside of the rockwork and the arches from in there. They store the queue extensions and such in there.

Well, it serves a few purposes. It's the emergency exit for the Locker area - if the fire doors close it's the only way to get out. You can see that door from the alcoves near the lockers - often mistaken for a normal exit due to required signage. It also is an emergency exit for the single riders and regular queue as well, those are less obvious double doors you'll see down in the dungeon area once you split off from the Express/Accommodation line.

And it has a fairly large storage space. Note the lower square of "Hogwarts" that's below the big tower. Those arches that make a big square:

3WPj0bW.jpg

That entire space is hollow. Up at the level of the actual arches there's a mesh/screen floor that has some lighting equipment atop it, but otherwise it's a clear open space from the ground to the sky. You can see the backside of the rockwork and the arches from in there. They store the queue extensions and such in there.

Is this where you're talking about?

3WPj0bW.jpg

Couple of quick reference photos, first the big empty cube:

courtyard.jpg

And, Forbidden Journey before they built Hogwarts on top of it:

harry-potter-ride-building-aerial-big.jpg

The illusion that you're inside that building (when it's just sitting atop it looking pretty) is commendable. Especially when you compare it to the likes of Be Our Guest where no one seems to believe the illusion.

I think I saw the fire department connection (FDC) just inside that space before the doors as well, it is out of theme so they hid it as best they could.

Somewhere I have a few pictures from a recent trip, I had always wondered what was back there and there were no signs saying no entry so I took a quick peek. I'll try and find them tonight or tomorrow and post them.

*Update* Found it! This is looking up into the courtyard from the other side.

Great photo, thanks for the share!

I've been hearing a lot about HP expansions on hogsmeade and diagon alley. Anybody have a guess at what diagon a ooey would be expanded too.