Will Kong Return? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Will Kong Return?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

In what form will Kong return or will he return at all?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted for Kong coming to IOA because that is what Lance@Screamscape said back in Feb. And I go with whatever 2 independant sources say. With Lance and HTF on the same page I think we will have The "Return of the King" to UOR@IOA!

And I am calling Chocolate Covered Frozen Bananas and Banana Slurpees with a shot Rum for an extra $1.

Banana flavored jello shots for the win :lol:

I find the use of the word "alloted" by whylightbulb to be illuminating. In corporate America that word is sometimes used when the finance guys wanted to do a formal project investment analysis. Once a project was initially greenlighted, it was allotted exploratory funds which meant that we would fund the project till the point where we could see our vision more concretely and how far we could stretch our dollars to achieve our goals. We would then actually set a hard budget number once we knew the project could cost as little as or the project could cost as much as. I think that is one reason why we don't yet know what the Kong attraction will actually turn out to be. Seems as if they are trying to utilize the digital footage already being used in Hollywood and build a mini island around that...

Seems as if they are trying to utilize the digital footage already being used in Hollywood and build a mini island around that...

This was what Whylightbulb's post said to me as well. The finance guys are saying, "Sure, we could go all out on a big dark ride, or we can build a small land around this ride we already have."

Ill believe it when I see it. At this point I think a disaster makeover still seems more reasonable. Especially if they are already building a new ride in JP.

It's like when the stripper says you're different... That she really genuinely likes you.

I want to believe it.... It'd be so good if it's true..... But I am sceptical on this in all honesty

2rpzpt1.jpg

Last edited:
It's like when the stripper says you're different... That she really genuinely likes you.

I want to believe it.... It'd be so good if it's true..... But I am sceptical on this in all honesty

2rpzpt1.jpg

*Ahem*

skep·ti·cal
ˈskeptikəl/
adjective
adjective: sceptical; adjective: skeptical

not easily convinced; having doubts or reservations.
"the public were deeply skeptical about some of the proposals"
synonyms: dubious, doubtful, taking something with a pinch of salt, doubting; More
cynical, distrustful, mistrustful, suspicious, disbelieving, unconvinced, incredulous, scoffing;
pessimistic, defeatist
"she was wisely skeptical about his get-rich-quick scheme"
antonyms: certain, convinced
Philosophy
relating to the theory that certain knowledge is impossible.

- - - Updated - - -

A handful of members have asked if we have any heli shots of the rumored Skull Island area. Unfortunately, we do not. :shrug:

You saw it in the videos. I didn't notice anything of significance

Damn how did I miss that... Especially when people getting your and you're wrong is a pet peeve of mine

I kinda liked the Disaster rumor better. But this is still good too. Either way, Kong is more than likely coming back, so this is a good thing. Now if we can just get Back to the Future......

Rumor: King Kong swinging over to Islands of Adventure?

Richard Bilbao - Reporter - Orlando Business Journal

King Kong may find a new home at Universal Orlando’s Islands of Adventure.

That’s based on some chatter online that the theme park may be looking into building the great ape’s home, Skull Island, there.

Here are two Twitter posts from theme park sites, Parkscope and Theme Park Tourist:
@Parkscope: Big news as noted Universal source Whylightbulb has confirmed a budget has been set for Skull Island in IoA but the ride’s scope has not.
@ThemeParkNews: Two sources reporting that Skull Island (King Kong) is coming to Universal’s Islands of Adventure as a whole new island. Thoughts?

There had been rumors since July that some King Kong attraction may come back to Universal Orlando, but nothing has been confirmed.

However, new attractions like this are only going to boost the interest Orlando has on attracting tourists to Central Florida. The region already boasts an industry that generates more than $50 billion annually in economic impact.

Do you think Universal should bring back King Kong?

— Rich out

That’s based on some chatter online that the theme park may be looking into building the great ape’s home, Skull Island, there.

Here are two Twitter posts from theme park sites, Parkscope and Theme Park Tourist:
@Parkscope: Big news as noted Universal source Whylightbulb has confirmed a budget has been set for Skull Island in IoA but the ride’s scope has not.
@ThemeParkNews: Two sources reporting that Skull Island (King Kong) is coming to Universal’s Islands of Adventure as a whole new island. Thoughts?

There had been rumors since July that some King Kong attraction may come back to Universal Orlando, but nothing has been confirmed.

However, new attractions like this are only going to boost the interest Orlando has on attracting tourists to Central Florida. The region already boasts an industry that generates more than $50 billion annually in economic impact.

— Rich out

[video=youtube;ZCVR_ajL_Eo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCVR_ajL_Eo[/video]

:lol:

— Rich out

OBJ is the biggest joke.:lol:

I voted that you're crazy and it's not coming back. Not because I don't believe you (everything you have said until this Kong rumor has come to fruition in some form, at least until we get to Jurassic Park which looks to be starting up) but because I don't want to get my hopes up on this project just to be disappointed.