What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa?? | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is a giga really a great choice for a year round park? A ride this tall alienates a portion of guests.

Every ride at BGT or at any park for that matter alienates a portion of guests. That's what makes BGT amazing. Hate rides? That's okay, they have enough walking attractions to fill up an entire 12 hour day.

But yes, the Giga, which btw is one of the key reasons SeaWorld got Mako fast tracked, is something that the park not only wants but needs. I can also tell you that the engineers/creative team for SWP&E aren't really into wing coasters, but loved Fury.

Well BGT is the original park for the company and I think they have the attendance and room to make it happen. SWO goes hand in hand with BGT on their coasters so only like a wing coaster and giga are left to fill form the B&M list. Doubt they would do a stand up ever. Idk if they would make a coaster along the Serengeti Plain, as there is tons of room in that area of the park but they try to build their coasters around the edge of it considering what they did with Montu, Cobras Curse, and Cheetah Hunt. I haven't really seen any progress with Gwazi so far, as it is very hard to see over the walls and ride structure. We just got to be patient I guess.

With it apparent that Gwazi Park isn't being used this year for Summer Nights, it would be a great time for them to start work on whatever is going to happen with Gwazi. Just an observation.

Reactions: MakoMania
With it apparent that Gwazi Park isn't being used this year for Summer Nights, it would be a great time for them to start work on whatever is going to happen with Gwazi. Just an observation.
That's what I was think too actually, something could happen after the summer?

That's what I was think too actually, something could happen after the summer?
Possibly but that area houses a haunt , and another below Gwazi. and that is one of the main areas for Xmas town.

^I was meaning they may start taking Gwazi down. Not take the festival area away. Since nothing is going on in that area over the summer they could use it for staging equipment or whatever while demolition takes place...if that's what going to happen of course.

^I was meaning they may start taking Gwazi down. Not take the festival area away. Since nothing is going on in that area over the summer they could use it for staging equipment or whatever while demolition takes place...if that's what going to happen of course.
I don't see them taking gwazi down anytime soon, especially if it's going to get the RMC treatment

I don't see them taking gwazi down anytime soon, especially if it's going to get the RMC treatment
I don't believe they are going to risk that investment with Gwazi's rotting wooden structure. It's pretty clear that large wooden coasters with wood structures generally don't fare well in Florida's climate. Gwazi has been sitting there rotting for years now; Lion side over 2 years & Tiger almost 5. The only coaster RMC has converted that sat around longer than than a year is Twisted Twins at Kentucky Kingdom...which had a steel support structure. I'm not saying it couldn't be done since they do remove and replace wood where needed, but it's just not a sound business decision IMO given the climate.

I think if the park ever went with RMC they would build ground up with a steel structure for longevity and less maintenance costs. They even had Invadr (same company that built Gwazi) built with a steel structure at BGW likely for this reason.

Reactions: Cheezbat
Gwazi has the negative connotation for being 'rough' to people...If they announced that they were re-opening it (even with an all new track), I don't think people would make a special trip out to see it...They don't have money to blow like Universal..I think a demolition, redevelopment of the area and a Giga is in order to get BGT back in the game...I would counter with a Vertical Drop/Wing coaster at Sea World the next year..

I think we're going to see some kind of water coaster with jungle theming, a replacement for Tidal Wave, personally..Giga's are probably muy expensive haha

Gwazi was my favorite coaster when it first opened, Wooden coasters just don't do well in Florida....Unless they are indoors of course

Reactions: Octobers Fade
Pretty sure that is going to be by TTW. They wouldn't need to remove any trees to take Gwazi down (or convert it as some people still think they will do).
ttw-gwazicompare.jpg

I suppose Rhino Rally is possible as well, but that's not really an eyesore compared to the other two sites.
rhinorally1.JPG

I still see TTW boats still in the storage area! Did you just take this today, cause good earth could be a year on behind on its images sometimes?

This was from Google Maps. The imagery is at least 3 years old because Falcon's Fury is still under construction when I go back & look at the whole area. It was just to show the amount of trees in each area.