Walt Disney World Tech News & Discussion- Magic Bands, Genie+, and more | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Walt Disney World Tech News & Discussion- Magic Bands, Genie+, and more

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
and...with Disneyland raising ticket prices, in addition to genie plus prices, WDW will probably raise their ticket prices in the very near future.

It will be interesting to see what the Genie + daily rates end up during the two weeks Christmas Holidays. Bet they're way more than $15 to $22 October daily rates.

I hope that I'm wrong but the first year may have been penetration pricing and now they are trying to determine what the actual price should be (i.e., Max out the right proportion of price and demand).

Reactions: Mad Dog
I'm still of the opinion that Genie+ needs to be modeled after Uni Express, in terms of pricing and function. Express is a far better product and easier to use in every way. I could see making it an automatic add-on for those in Deluxe hotels and potentially DVC to actually provide a true benefit/amenity to staying in a Disney Deluxe hotel.

Reactions: Clive and Scott W.
I'm still of the opinion that Genie+ needs to be modeled after Uni Express, in terms of pricing and function. Express is a far better product and easier to use in every way. I could see making it an automatic add-on for those in Deluxe hotels and potentially DVC to actually provide a true benefit/amenity to staying in a Disney Deluxe hotel.

Problem is there's too much Deluxe hotel capacity to make it a perk. Deluxe concierge level? Ok maybe.

Problem is there's too much Deluxe hotel capacity to make it a perk. Deluxe concierge level? Ok maybe.
Limit it to once per day at one park instead of unlimited express and have rolling costs based off of the tier of hotel you’re staying at?

I would leave the hotel amenity out altogether.

Charge 300 bucks for Genie+, which includes access to any and all LL queues without reservation. By charging 15x more, they should also limit the sales to 15x fewer people who are buying it now.

The people buying it will get a good experience and the standby queues should move smoother and faster with fewer people in the LL queue.

I would leave the hotel amenity out altogether.

Charge 300 bucks for Genie+, which includes access to any and all LL queues without reservation. By charging 15x more, they should also limit the sales to 15x fewer people who are buying it now.

The people buying it will get a good experience and the standby queues should move smoother and faster with fewer people in the LL queue.

Precisely.

I feel like genie + has reached the point where it is terrible product for the price. $10 per person to skip a couple lines not great but ok for the money spent. $30 per person to skip a few lines feels like a pretty crappy deal. You would think that at the $30 price point you would get a lot of complaints about t not getting much value out of the product.

Make it expensive and limit the numbers so the people that pony up the money get an amazing experience.

Disney has shown that they are willing to price each park in tiers, they can do the same for an express pass-style system.

Assuming a very slow 20K attendance day at MK:
Taking the average Genie+ price at $18.50, and 50% of park guests purchasing it, that's $185K in revenue.
If you took 3.5% of all park guests (700 guests) and priced an express pass system at $300, that's $210K a day.

Willing to bet there are at least 700 guests willing to purchase at that price.

Disney has shown that they are willing to price each park in tiers, they can do the same for an express pass-style system.

Assuming a very slow 20K attendance day at MK:
Taking the average Genie+ price at $18.50, and 50% of park guests purchasing it, that's $185K in revenue.
If you took 3.5% of all park guests (700 guests) and priced an express pass system at $300, that's $210K a day.

Willing to bet there are at least 700 guests willing to purchase at that price.
Those are the same folks who use VIP service to get this type of access. Will it just cannibalize that segment or bring more folks in?

Those are the same folks who use VIP service to get this type of access. Will it just cannibalize that segment or bring more folks in?
No way 3.5% of all attendees buy a VIP Service. I'd say it's far less than that. You're talking about the über wealthy of everyone attending that will be able to afford it in most cases and there's also just a limited number of VIP guides, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: UniversalRBLX