Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is it possible to get in "line" with Tapu Tapu and still ride "ride now" rides, or do you have to scan for "ride now" also?
Sounds like oh ya and oh no would've been way easier if everything were up.

Rope drop is certainly the way to go... but how is that different than any theme park?

Yes

Also, is there somewhere we can find an actual park map of Volcano Bay that lists the locations of the rides? I've looked on google but haven't been able to find anything yet.

Anybody else encounter a weight restriction on the drop slides ?
Ko Okiri plunge slide = 200# and up
kala & ta-nui serpentine body slides 200# or less

You can not use your credit card on your tapu tapu to rent a locker so bring cash or a credit card if you need a locker

Reactions: Speed
I'll be headed down there in September. Can't wait. I booked a 'Volcano view' room in Cabana Bay. Anyone have any good photos of the view?

Well, it still can be. Walking up thousands of stairs and riding every ride isn't going to be relaxation and taking things at a slower pace, regardless of when you arrive.
"Ride count" and "relaxation" will never be synonymous.
But, as you said, if you visit late September on a Tuesday, I'm sure it'll be ideal- arrive at any time and ride what you want when you want.
That's why people like me & Dave (Disneyhead) just get a nice lounge near the bar, order a rum laced drink, order some food, relax, and people watch. Hit a wave in the wave pool or hitch a quick ride on the lazy river every now & then. :);)...Steps? No stinkin steps! :lol:

Is it possible to get in "line" with Tapu Tapu and still ride "ride now" rides, or do you have to scan for "ride now" also?
Sounds like oh ya and oh no would've been way easier if everything were up.

Rope drop is certainly the way to go... but how is that different than any theme park?

It's different because by noon all the rides "currently" have huge tapu waits, so you basically can't do anything else except lazy river/wave pool.

When you rope drop magic kingdom you don't have to leave the park at noon due to 3-5 hour waits

Reactions: Latveria
It's different because by noon all the rides "currently" have huge tapu waits, so you basically can't do anything else except lazy river/wave pool.

When you rope drop magic kingdom you don't have to leave the park at noon due to 3-5 hour waits

Are you still using the" 3-5 hour wait" line as if that's how it has been daily. Simply by removing the 1+1 tapu tapu yesterday, in addition to further ops experience they've already fixed that.

Please tell me that by August you're still not perpetuating this exaggeration from the unfinished, untrained holiday opening week.

Reactions: JoeCamel and Joel
Thank you AliciaStella for providing that map. So looks like the quickest way to get to Krakatau at rope drop is to head left at the entrance instead of right?

Are you still using the" 3-5 hour wait" line as if that's how it has been daily. Simply by removing the 1+1 tapu tapu yesterday, in addition to further ops experience they've already fixed that.

Please tell me that by August you're still not perpetuating this exaggeration from the unfinished, untrained holiday opening week.

I was using the "current" average wait times that have been reported. Things may have been a little better yesterday, but it was a Wednesday. We will see how things go this weekend. If they are truly cutting back capacity, then things should also improve.

I'm not saying they won't work out the bugs or trying to spread misinformation.

I'm just telling you what the "difference" is between a traditional line system vs Tapu. Wasn't that your "question"?

They're trying to fix it, it wasn't instantly fixed yesterday. The waits were still huge in afternoon.

A number of slides have actual scales that the entire party stands on before the ride. We saw one lady storm off and down the stairs after the weigh in.

Thank you AliciaStella for providing that map. So looks like the quickest way to get to Krakatau at rope drop is to head left at the entrance instead of right?

Seems to be. We were stopped due to it being down yesterday morning but I'm trying that again tomorrow.

You do not scan for ride now, but I had not thought of this. Great idea- it will be in play tomorrow. :)