Volcano Bay: General Discussion | Page 108 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Omg! I lost 8 lbs this past week and am now able to ride those two dumb water slides :clap: .

Edit: I'm going to VB for the first time tom!!
Congrats LJ on the weight loss!
Nothing like slides to motivate you! Hah

Off topic, but I've been wondering for a few trips now: what are the luggage logistics involved in this?
It's just like Disney. Call bell services, head on into the park and ride rides while they move you. Show up at the new hotel and checkin whenever. HOWEVER- unlike disney- they only move you up or laterally. Meaning they'll move you from cabana to portofino but not from hard rock to sapphire. They'll also move deluxe to deluxe.
Really dumb on that part, but it is what it is.

Reactions: LJGonz and Mad Dog
what are the frog lamps you speak of?

I'm trying to lose 40lbs for an October trip it's a great motivator! I only need to lose 30 but I want a little bit of a buffer so I can feel safe eating on my vacation haha.

Reactions: Andysol
Beautiful lanterns on bridges that people were breaking so were replaced. This is why we can't have nice things.

Here's a photo of them with tape to hold them together after people broke them, before they were removed and eventually replaced:

UGH people suck... why!!!!
You answered it yourself. :D

I'm curious what they made those frog lights out of - were they glass or thick plastic? Several of those frogs broke incredibly easy- I think it may have been more of an issue of fragility than actually people breaking it.
There are lights all over the place- just like the ones installed to replace the frogs- and that glass or plastic won't break. I don't actually think this was vandalism as much as fragility/poor design of the awesome frog lamps. They weren't "theme park tested".

Now, the writing up at the top of the stairs and volcano certainly pisses me off. That's ridiculous- boot them out of the park!

I'm trying to lose 40lbs for an October trip it's a great motivator! I only need to lose 30 but I want a little bit of a buffer so I can feel safe eating on my vacation haha.
Hey me too! For September!

Been prepping my lunches all week and haven't drank booze in 11 days (which is a lot for me) -- trying to cut down....I wont be 200 for the two drop slides, but the Ko Okiri will be fine, and everything else.

Good luck!

Reactions: Andysol and Mad Dog
Not sure why, but it bugs me how much paint around this place has been scrapped off by people...I mean, really hand rails and such, but just sad to me, the lack of respect some people have.

Just wondering, last night there was fog/mist on one of the walkways around the park...just wondering if that was just at night...it just didn't make a lot of sense to me...I mean where I saw them using 'smoke' just seemed odd to me.

Only noticed it around areas of the Volcano.

Beautiful lanterns on bridges that people were breaking so were replaced. This is why we can't have nice things.

Here's a photo of them with tape to hold them together after people broke them, before they were removed and eventually replaced:

People really suck sometimes. One of my biggest pet peeves is people who can't respect other's property. Those frog lamps are great, hope they return.

This place should be Wet N Wild 2 in no time.

Reactions: mcusi
So, we were going over to refill a soda. I forget what restaurant we were at, but there were these cool looking nick knacks on this counter that separates the food area as you are heading towards the seating area.

I picked one up and it still had the price tag on the bottom...so we picked up these lantern type things and saw that they bought them at IKEA...I found that kind of humorous!

So, we were going over to refill a soda. I forget what restaurant we were at, but there were these cool looking nick knacks on this counter that separates the food area as you are heading towards the seating area.

I picked one up and it still had the price tag on the bottom...so we picked up these lantern type things and saw that they bought them at IKEA...I found that kind of humorous!
The Waturi have a majority ownership in IKEA. There was a tribe that emigrated to Sweden via the Arctic Sea in 1854. They were the first Waturi to dye their hair blond. ;):):lol:

The Waturi have a majority ownership in IKEA. There was a tribe that emigrated to Sweden via the Arctic Sea in 1854. They were the first Waturi to dye their hair blond. ;):):lol:

The Waturi people and the IKEA people are not that dissimilar. The Waturi are just more colorful.

4670872_orig.jpg

images