Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 469 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that. Are the photos free or do you need to pay for each one or buy a bundle like in the parks?

Edit: Just read the text in the photos.
I think you can also pay less if get a big package with all your photos at gift shop on the way out instead of just paying photo by photo. It's not yet included in your AP My Universal Photo package though.

Reactions: Scott W.
Here's some folks doing the serpentine drop slides, skip to the end if you don' wanna experience walking up 200 steps:

If it doesn't work on mobile click this link.

EDIT: And looks like the trap doors have little windows so you can see through them!

Sounds like they have 3 staircases, one for each slide, and they have one useable right now, so I think the slides should be good to go tomorrow! Unless they don't want to deal with confusion of who has what slide, could just make it a free for all until the other stairs are ready.

I believe they're 300lbs usually.. Not sure if this one's any different.
I'm still trying to track down the weight limits. I know I'm not the only one. Wish someone would get some crystal clear photos of warning signs out front of all the rides!

Reactions: BrenRays

POV of the aqua coaster made its way online. Looks fantastic and definitely long!

Wasn't sure if it was discussed yet, but supposedly GoPros will normally not be allowed on the slides... But are being allowed on "some" attractions today only for media event.

Reactions: Joel
Here's one:

Ko'okiri body plunge ride has a 300-pound weight limit

EDIT: I imagine the serpentine slides are the same, as they all have trap doors and were weighing guests before they climb the stairs in that live stream earlier.

POV of the aqua coaster made its way online. Looks fantastic and definitely long! I don't know how projections would work though. I honestly think it's just a water coaster and the "water fireworks" PR mentioned was just an exciting phrase.

This looks like a fun, if slightly generic water coaster compared to what we thought was coming. Still, we haven't seen this park at night yet which could have some different effects. The park looks great.

Reactions: Joel
This looks like a fun, if slightly generic water coaster compared to what we thought was coming. Still, we haven't seen this park at night yet which could have some different effects. The park looks great.

I cannot wait to see pictures after tomorrow night!

POV of the aqua coaster made its way online. Looks fantastic and definitely long! I don't know how projections would work though. I honestly think it's just a water coaster and the "water fireworks" PR mentioned was just an exciting phrase.

This looks like I'll laugh my butt off on it all the way round, which is how I measure a good ride!

There are red lights in the enclosed tube portions of the water coaster - but other than that no surprises here. Looks exactly as expected. Honestly, they could have done more with the technology - but it'll be a popular family ride nonetheless.

Jesus... I don't know if it was the wind or when he walked to the edge and looked over- but that last 2 minutes made me get cold sweats. Scary as hell

Ditto. That red one is still bonkers in my eyes - and now it has a clear floor in the chamber too! :eek:

As an aside, how long before some moron throws stuff at the watercoaster from the steps?

Ditto. That red one is still bonkers in my eyes - and now it has a clear floor in the chamber too! :eek:

As an aside, how long before some moron throws stuff at the watercoaster from the steps?
They'll install a ton of signs like Busch Gardens did for Cheetah Hunt warning of expulsion from park without refund for throwing things on the tracks.

They're a lot better, at least at this point. They have a much smaller area to cover.

When Park 3/WNW hotels/Park 3 Hotels open? That'll be an interesting situation

I wonder if in that case, they'll have to arrange a larger drop off area and connect it with the entrance. But that's so, so far off in the future... not that they probably don't have plans...

Status
Not open for further replies.