Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 450 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They've been running a ton of commercials in this part of the country for months. Way more than Disney ran for Pandora. Lot's of marketing here in an area that vacations heavily in Orlando.

Reactions: Joel
What baffles me is that this is a new park opening but instead of feeling excited, many seem to be more worried. The marketing hasn't been extensive, compared to Avatarland or even Harry Potter, which are lands. It seems like the Jimmy Fallon ride was more hyped.

They should have had Jimmy come down now (instead of when he did) and cover Volcano Bay and his ride.

Im not sure the accuracy of that because even here in Korea, I've seen ads for Volcano Bay. Also the NHL playoffs were heavily heavily heavily advertising Volcano Bay as well.

The marketing hasn't been extensive, compared to Avatarland or even Harry Potter, which are lands.
I haven't seen any marketing at all for Avatar. I've seen commercials and grocery store displays and all kinds of stuff for Volcano Bay.
All hotels except for Cabana/Aventura/Sapphire will have bus shuttle to Volcano Bay.
Sapphire Falls will share a bus with Royal Pacific.

It's not even going that high, just really diagonal.

Are you looking at the high wall? When they go into that high wall, you can see water falling from above that is not allow them to really use that wall much at all. I think it is the lower wall right after the tall part of the slide where folks are concerned that the raft goes too high without much of a 'lip' in the wall to stop a raft from going over.

I had a bunch of other stuff quoted that I guess doesn't mean much after a correction. I guess I always assumed they wanted SF to be more appealing than CBBR and I really thought they might have the CBBR folks head to SF to walk to CBBR.

I had assumed the 'shuttle' path under the road would have a walkway for SF guest that chose to walk. I guess I assumed security at VB and not at the parking garage.

I always thought that CBBR would have a bus to VB (as it opened with three different bus stops at the resort back on day one of CBBR).

Anyway, anyone know if the SF keys work on the pedestrian bridge(since we should be allowed to use their pool/lazy river (or do I risk crossing the street to try and walk to their VB entrance)?

I hate to think I can stay at SF, share my boat ride from City Walk when fisting the other gates with CBBR folks (based on a few post around here that make me think many do use the water taxi)...just to be right next to VB with no way to walk there...shouldn't I just save money on the room (and parking)...plus lower rate = lower taxes and stay at CBBR instead!?!

:saywhat::eek::eek:ops::D

I had a bunch of other stuff quoted that I guess doesn't mean much after a correction. I guess I always assumed they wanted SF to be more appealing than CBBR and I really thought they might have the CBBR folks head to SF to walk to CBBR.

I had assumed the 'shuttle' path under the road would have a walkway for SF guest that chose to walk. I guess I assumed security at VB and not at the parking garage.

I always thought that CBBR would have a bus to VB (as it opened with three different bus stops at the resort back on day one of CBBR).

Anyway, anyone know if the SF keys work on the pedestrian bridge(since we should be allowed to use their pool/lazy river (or do I risk crossing the street to try and walk to their VB entrance)?

I hate to think I can stay at SF, share my boat ride from City Walk when fisting the other gates with CBBR folks (based on a few post around here that make me think many do use the water taxi)...just to be right next to VB with no way to walk there...shouldn't I just save money on the room (and parking)...plus lower rate = lower taxes and stay at CBBR instead!?!

:saywhat::eek::eek:ops::D

Aventura construction is blocking the way for any direct walking path to the tunnel, maybe when that hotel opens they will have a nice path.

The only other way I see would be cutting through the middle of the convention center on foot and walking along the bus route, but I'm not sure if there's even a sidewalk there.

That really leaves walking over to Cabana bay along the garden path bridge (or people trying to cross the street, which I think will become a huge problem.) People already do it just to get to Cabana slightly faster, Volcano bay will give them more motivation. (And coming off an exit ramp to something like that is dangerous as hell considering all the out of towners that may not know that's coming)

Reactions: Frank Drackman
What baffles me is that this is a new park opening but instead of feeling excited, many seem to be more worried. The marketing hasn't been extensive, compared to Avatarland or even Harry Potter, which are lands. It seems like the Jimmy Fallon ride was more hyped.

They should have had Jimmy come down now (instead of when he did) and cover Volcano Bay and his ride.
Completely disagree. I've seen a ton of Volcano Bay marketing on TV.

Reactions: 12th Man

Mike you and several others are spreading FUD. Dirty water, attractions not being open, somehow insinuating the drop slides aren't done because you saw concrete drainage pieces, others complaining about bussing, and more.

I honesty have no idea why you come to these forums.

Do we know what the capacity of Volcano Bay will be? If Wet 'N Wild was pulling 1.3 Million visits over 12 months, Volcano Bay may still have a chance to pass that in 7 months, but it would have to push more than 6,000 through the turnstiles every day for the rest of 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.