Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
One whole theater will be allocated for HHN/flex space.

One theater and some backstage area used for main attraction.

One preshow used for brief inside queue/preshow area.

Part of other preshow might be used for a small exit gift shop and/or exit/unload area.

Much of old Shrek gift shop probably used as new backstage TM area (including new restrooms according to permits).

(Not all of this is confirmed, except flex space info.)
Very intriguing. As we get closer to the opening date, I bet blueprints will be leaked out with the actual layout. One more question, What else would could the flex space be used for besides the Halloween mazes? I was thinking and TimTracker on Youtube said it will more that likely be used as a storage area between Horror Nights. And how would guests access it when a maze is happening? they were a lot of doors in the old Shrek queue when you would head towards the back of the building. Maybe though one of those?

Very intriguing. As we get closer to the opening date, I bet blueprints will be leaked out with the actual layout. One more question, What else would could the flex space be used for besides the Halloween mazes? I was thinking and TimTracker on Youtube said it will more that likely be used as a storage area between Horror Nights. And how would guests access it when a maze is happening? they were a lot of doors in the old Shrek queue when you would head towards the back of the building. Maybe though one of those?
With year round tribute stores, extra storage wouldn’t be a bad idea. But it could certainly be used for other things too, given it’s just an empty black box.

I don’t know which doors will be for HHN, but they could always add more if they needed to.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
I saw they removed all the Shrek signs from the sound stage exterior and entrance.

Having construction walls up at the entrance can't be great for crowd flow - especially for HHN.

Maybe they want to complete the exterior (minus Minions decorations) as soon as possible?

Seeing a "Murder, She Wrote" and an Angela Lansbury sign after all this time sitting under Shrek signage is fun.
Wonder what else is covered up in the theater and the 2nd floor

I remember when they tore out the walls for the Dream Works Theater at USH, I heard you could see the original walls from the Rugrats Magic Show that were underneath the old walls for Shrek at USH. I would love to hear what else is buried under those walls.

Saw that exterior work is going on during park hours and visible to guests (via UPNT).

This project seems more active than Mummy?

Maybe City Walk is hosting the premier / press junket for the new Minions movie this Summer.

Saw that exterior work is going on during park hours and visible to guests (via UPNT).

This project seems more active than Mummy?

Maybe City Walk is hosting the premier / press junket for the new Minions movie this Summer.
I just don't see this new Minions attraction opening this summer. I could see them at least soft open it late 2022 and officially open it in early 2023. I think a likely reason it got pushed to 2023 is due to the ongoing supply chain issues causing delays in the construction materials needed to build the attraction.

Reactions: Ahmanet
I just don't see this new Minions attraction opening this summer. I could see them at least soft open it late 2022 and officially open it in early 2023. I think a likely reason it got pushed to 2023 is due to the ongoing supply chain issues causing delays in the construction materials needed to build the attraction.
That, and some structural issues in the building that need repair. These old buildings, they can be fickle.

I also wouldn't expect any Orlando Minions junket-related activity this summer. Hollywood folks don't leave LA unless they have to, and they've got a more built-out Illumination area ready at Universal Hollywood if they want to do press there.