USH's New Lands Designation | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

USH's New Lands Designation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Bumblebee Boogie Confirmed! ;)
View attachment 18454
:bolt:

Honestly, I wouldn't hate this -- if Transformers is really gonna continue to be part of the park for the foreseeable future, I'd rather see Universal double down, for lack of a better way to put it, than let it stagnate as is, especially with Bayformers itself outdated already. I know it'll never happen in a million years, and we've all said it at one point or another, but if they just gave the ride a story overhaul -- IE, if the upcoming Rise of the Beasts is successful in rejuvenating the franchise, they could use it as the foundation for a new story -- and then plopped the Bumblebee flat ride there with it, along with just a little more Transformers-esque theming in that immediate area, they could have a little nook that can get away with being marketed as a "new land."

I'm not even a Transformers fan, though I like the ride, but it's starting to stick out more and more like a sore thumb now that it's a decade old -- either capitalize on the IP and give it a decent update or scrap it in a few years to make more space for the expansion area to its right. (And again, that all said, I know Universal absolutely has bigger fish to fry; I'm just pipe dreaming because I agree more flat rides would be welcome.)

Reactions: Clive and Coolbfitz
The changes were made official on the USH webpage

Simpsons not getting a designated land makes sense because the contract expires in 5 years time and I am sure Universal wants to move on to something new. Mummy will go when Universal demos the soundstages to the right of Transformers to redevelop the lower lot post 2028 and Olympics. Niles also speculates that depending on how the F&F coaster is configured, it can just take over SES and the long rumored West Coast version of Bourne can go where AA is but I guess they would have to expand over the hill. Niles thinks if USH ever got Bourne, AA is the most likely place it would have to be.

The changes were made official on the USH webpage

Simpsons not getting a designated land makes sense because the contract expires in 5 years time and I am sure Universal wants to move on to something new. Mummy will go when Universal demos the soundstages to the right of Transformers to redevelop the lower lot post 2028 and Olympics. Niles also speculates that depending on how the F&F coaster is configured, it can just take over SES and the long rumored West Coast version of Bourne can go where AA is but I guess they would have to expand over the hill. Niles thinks if USH ever got Bourne, AA is the most likely place it would have to be.

Yes, Lets not include a land on our designated land pages because of a contract that majority of the public doesn't know about is set to expire in half a decade - so why waste the time of including it now. Brilliant!

So whats everyone's head canon on lands?

For me its Illumination Lane, Hollywood Upper Lot, Springfield, Hogsmead, The Lower Lot, and Super Nintendo World

I just....can't say Transformers is a land, its too funny