USF Prop Shop Update Thread | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

USF Prop Shop Update Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Lotta cold guesses. :lol:
giphy.gif

;)

The AP lounge needs to be in IOA in the Navigators Club...the one they have now is silly

Compared to the SW one, it just doesn't hold a candle

As far as Illumination and Dreamworks, I've mentioned in other threads the lack of tie-in within the parks minus a few temporary things here and there

The AP lounge needs to be in IOA in the Navigators Club...the one they have now is silly

Compared to the SW one, it just doesn't hold a candle

As far as Illumination and Dreamworks, I've mentioned in other threads the lack of tie-in within the parks minus a few temporary things here and there
They are not going to use space they can book and unless Coke puts up backing I can't see it continuing. Might be something new in the future (I think a cool building over by MiB might work but it would take three years to remodel). In any case they won't take event space

Cold guesses?

This and Dark Room become a general Illumination and/or DreamWorks store.

Hello Kitty and Brown Derby become a Minions store + M&G.

Legacy Store becomes Epic Preview Center.

Idk how popular it is on the west coast, but what about that new UNIVRS store? It would be something unique and small enough to fit in HK.

Hello Kitty and Brown Derby become a Minions store + M&G.
Hello Kitty and Brown Derby are not connected. They are separated by an access road and backstage gate that leads to Shrek extended queue.

Also, it doesn't seem like Hello Kitty is leaving (at least not yet). Only the single wall separating Hello Kitty from the Funko/Loungefly section has been stripped of its Hello Kitty theming. My guess is Funko doesn't want brand confusion with Sanrio theming encroaching on their area... But also, this section of the store hasn't had Hello Kitty merch in well over a year, maybe years.

If we see more themed elements removed from Hello Kitty I'd say she's definitely on her way out, but it feels like this was just a small removal of theming to better fit a section of the store that already hasn't been Hello Kitty for a long, long time.

The Prop Shop is back! A new limited-time Prop Shop has opened in the recently-refurbished Brown Derby Hat Shop in Universal Studios Florida.

How limited are we thinking? I got a trip in January, will I make it in time?

Limited time in theme parks could mean 1 day or a decade. I remember when Donald's Dino-Bash was a "limited" special event like 5 years ago... still going strong. Wouldn't surprise me if the Brown Derby becomes a flex location and rotates between being a prop shop, holiday shop, etc (not a tribute store). I think Universal has seen the "power" of releasing new merchandise every few months ala Disney. Universal has pretty much maxed out all of the potential locations for merchandise outside of Hollywood.

Reactions: Coolbfitz