Universal's Photo Connect | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Photo Connect

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thanks for the detailed info, frenzy! :thumbs:

I am confused about this, though:

FAQ:
Q: I received a Photo Connect card in the park. Can I view these online?
A: This is the biggest difference between Disney's Photo Pass and Universal's Photo Connect. The Photo Connect cards are not sent online unless you buy an digital package before leaving the park. Photo Connect cards are used to lookup your photo at an in park location and are held for the day the photo is taken only.

[...]

Q. Why do I have to pay for a download from the website?
A. You do not! You already paid for the download when purchasing the Star Card. If you want to just download your photos make sure you hit the download button under each thumbnail of your photo under the photo albums page. If you hit the thumbnail you are taken to a product order page with many amazing products and you will see a digital download option. No worries, back up a page and you're good to go.

So, do you have to pay extra to have the digital pictures or not? :shrug:

Thanks for the detailed info, frenzy! :thumbs:

I am confused about this, though:

So, do you have to pay extra to have the digital pictures or not? :shrug:

Still getting this all formatted.
There are two cards. One is a "regular" Photo Connect card. These cards are like claim tickets to view your photos in the park. Then there is the Photo Connect Star Card. This sends your photo to an online album which you can download from. Unfortunate coding has made it so that if you click on the thumbnail of a picture in your album it assumes you want to buy products of that photo like extra prints, or even things like shower curtains. One item listed is a digital download. If you purchased the Star Card and added the picture during the time frame (1 day, 3 days or 365 depending on your purchase) you'll see a download button on the thumbnail page under each photo. I'll try to clear up the confusion there.

Let me know if this reads better

FAQ:

Q: What is the difference between a Photo Connect card and a Star Card?
A: Photo Connect cards are given out whenever a photo is taken, even if you do not purchase it. Think of this as a claim ticket for easier retrieval in the park. These are good the day they are given and DO NOT go online. Star Cards are very similar in look to Photo Connect cards, but can be told apart by Star Card being written on the front, the presence of a website, and having a code starting in "UPC". If a Star Card is purchased it provides online access for photos that are added to it.

Q: I received a Photo Connect card in the park. Why cant I view these online?
A: This is the biggest difference between Disney's Photo Pass and Universal's Photo Connect. The Photo Connect cards are not sent online unless you buy a digital package before leaving the park. Photo Connect cards are used to lookup your photo at an in park location and are held for the day the photo is taken only. Think of them as a claim ticket. Your photos are sent online if you activate a Star Card while in the park.

Q. I have pictures where I was supposed to be holding something and nothing is there.
A. Photos can be edited while in the park. By simply viewing your photos in the parks before you go these edits will be saved on your account. Editing can include changing the included border and adding in special effects.

Q. Photos are not showing up in the app quickly. Have I lost them?
A. Normally photos will show up almost immediately on your account after adding them. If the photo was taken via roaming photographer please allow approximately 1 hour for the photo to be available in the park. Sometimes, especially during busier times, photos can take 24-72 hours to push through to your account on the website/app. You can verify the photos have been added to your account at any Photo Connect location.

Q. Where can I get a hard Star Card?
A. While no longer included with purchase of a Star Card, you can still purchase the hard custom Star Card in the parks. Ask a Photo Connect associate for current locations offering this upgrade.

Q. Why do I have to pay for a download from the website?
A. If you purchased a Star Card you do not! You already paid for the download when purchasing the Star Card. If you want to just download your photos make sure you hit the download button under each thumbnail of your photo under the photo albums page. If you hit the thumbnail you are taken to a product order page with many amazing products and you will see a digital download option. No worries, back up a page and you're good to go.

Last edited:
Still getting this all formatted.
There are two cards. One is a "regular" Photo Connect card. These cards are like claim tickets to view your photos in the park. Then there is the Photo Connect Star Card. This sends your photo to an online album which you can download from. Unfortunate coding has made it so that if you click on the thumbnail of a picture in your album it assumes you want to buy products of that photo like extra prints, or even things like shower curtains. One item listed is a digital download. If you purchased the Star Card and added the picture during the time frame (1 day, 3 days or 365 depending on your purchase) you'll see a download button on the thumbnail page under each photo. I'll try to clear up the confusion there.

Got it :thumbs:

So, the Star Card is the way to go! Next time I have family over from out of town I'll make sure to get this with my AP.

Also, it's great how they're connecting it with apps. That way people will easily post their pics to their social media and give UOR more and more exposure :cheers:

Got it :thumbs:

So, the Star Card is the way to go! Next time I have family over from out of town I'll make sure to get this with my AP.

Also, it's great how they're connecting it with apps. That way people will easily post their pics to their social media and give UOR more and more exposure :cheers:
I updated the OP a little, could you let me know if it better eliminates the confusion.

The Annual Star Card is a really good deal, got mine in October and have gotten some great pictures through it. One thing is that you cannot download pictures where they edit something into you hands (you just have the picture with your hands held out), you have to go to the photo area and once they do it in person you can later download it with whatever it was.

I've got one and plan on renewing it for the next several years as baby gets older. It's an extremely good value and I'd highly recommend it to anyone. Btw in case anyone missed it Frenzy88 is our newest correspondent and is going to be a huge player in this sites growth. We will touch on it more soon but thought I'd mention it real quick here.

One other note, if you like one of your picts, you can have them print a new Photo Connect star with that picture on it. Only a few places can do that, but I believe the Mummy photo claim area is one of them. Our Photo Connect card has a picture of the fam riding the Mummy. But you can check with them and see if you can use any pict, we have used our Mummy one on the last two we got.

One other note, if you like one of your picts, you can have them print a new Photo Connect star with that picture on it. Only a few places can do that, but I believe the Mummy photo claim area is one of them. Our Photo Connect card has a picture of the fam riding the Mummy. But you can check with them and see if you can use any pict, we have used our Mummy one on the last two we got.

If you're willing can you post a picture of that hard card? Also however you'd like to be credited. I'd love to include it in the original post. These custom cards are currently a $5 upgrade and I believe one of the printers is at MiB.

If you're willing can you post a picture of that hard card? Also however you'd like to be credited. I'd love to include it in the original post. These custom cards are currently a $5 upgrade and I believe one of the printers is at MiB.

is that also the up-charge for a hard (plain - no picture) AP Star Card?

Side general note: I hate paper tickets! I wish they would make plastic APs, too. Even at an up-charge. I'd pay for that.

is that also the up-charge for a hard (plain - no picture) AP Star Card?

Side general note: I hate paper tickets! I wish they would make plastic APs, too. Even at an up-charge. I'd pay for that.
These hard cards are plastic with your photo on one side and your Star card QR code on the opposite. It is an up-sell. The regular star cards are laminated paper.

How long has the Photo Connect Spider-Man M&G in the store across from the ride been there?
There have been pictures with Spider-Man the whole time I believe. Now as for that specific location maybe someone wants to bust out some old park maps. Id start from 2010 and work backwards