Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 169 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want a Universal Monster Land. A good E-Ticket dark ride, maybe a C or D ticket ride - that should be where any year round haunt goes if they do one. No more Walking Dead.
Ideally a Universal Monster Land would be epic! One of my favorite parts of USO is Monster Cafe. Would love to see what they could do with a clean slate of land. An indoor Dracula's Castle coaster styled like Revenge of the Mummy is a must.

Rereading Disney Wars and Jaybangs as well as historical archives for past concept art and plans,

I would hope that UC would take the past philosophies of Gary Goddard, Jay Stein and others to create fully functioning lands. If you look at the original plans for Cartoon World, each land had around 5-6 attractions that were solely just rides before adding in shows, dining, and shops. The original USF attractions were unlike anything in the world and actively didn't try to be Disney or Disney like which USF stated is why they succeeded. They wanted a park were every attraction could stand on its own and not solely get attendance based on other attractions. Its like when you actually hear people screaming and having faces of fright on Disaster back in the day when all the effects were working compared to the meh faces that were seen in closer to end of the rides life. Or how previously intense the jaws finale was before previous iterations.

Disneyland has more than 60 attractions while DCA has ~ 28 attractions for at grand total of at least 88 attractions.
The combined total of Disneyworld's all four parks opened attractions is 53 attractions.
Currently Universal Orlando Resort dry parks have 39 attractions total.

I would argue for justification of value and to boost capacity, a park with the same number of attractions as Disneyland would bolster Universal. I mean an advertisement saying come to a Universal with two parks and a additional park with more attractions than Disney's four parks combined would bring in a great number of people especially if 1/3 are quality one of a kind rides USF was originally known for.

Lastly I hope they take into consideration the neurologic, physiological, and pyschological effects to enhance ride experiences to create greater dispersal of adrenaline, dopamine, and other euphoric sensations to make the park way more enjoyable and higher level.

Last edited:
Rereading Disney Wars and Jaybangs as well as historical archives for past concept art and plans,

I would hope that UC would take the past philosophies of Gary Goddard, Jay Stein and others to create fully functioning lands. If you look at the original plans for Cartoon World, each land had around 5-6 attractions that were solely just rides before adding in shows, dining, and shops. The original USF attractions were unlike anything in the world and actively didn't try to be Disney or Disney like which USF stated is why they succeeded. They wanted a park were every attraction could stand on its own and not solely get attendance based on other attractions. Its like when you actually hear people screaming and having faces of fright on Disaster back in the day when all the effects were working compared to the meh faces that were seen in closer to end of the rides life. Or how previously intense the jaws finale was before previous iterations.

Disneyland has more than 60 attractions while DCA has ~ 28 attractions for at grand total of at least 88 attractions.
The combined total of Disneyworld's all four parks opened attractions is 53 attractions.
Currently Universal Orlando Resort dry parks have 39 attractions total.

I would argue for justification of value and to boost capacity, a park with the same number of attractions as Disneyland would bolster Universal. I mean an advertisement saying come to a Universal with two parks and a additional park with more attractions than Disney's four parks combined would bring in a great number of people especially if 1/3 are quality one of a kind rides USF was originally known for.

Lastly I hope they take into consideration the neurologic, physiological, and pyschological effects to enhance ride experiences to create greater dispersal of adrenaline, dopamine, and other euphoric sensations to make the park way more enjoyable and higher level.
I wouldn't put the goal for opening day much higher than 25 attractions.

That would still be more attractions than WDW.

But people don't count attractions, they count parks. :shrug:

I think this park has the chance to have the most rides open (aside from MK) on opening day in Orlando?
4 to 5 thrill rides
6-10 family rides
4-5 kiddie rides

Total of 14-20 rides possibly.

IOA opened with a total of about 12 rides (not including shows/attractions)

I think some people are going to be disappointed regardless of what universal does.
Because of all the speculation in the past few months it now feels like everyone is expecting to get 3-4 new major rides at each USF and IOA, plus a new park with 15+ rides, and for it all to happen in the next 5 years which doesn't seem feasible.

My take on the third park. V1.0

Universal's Kingdom of Legends

Overview:

Facts: All lands would surround a lagoon, which would also house the park's transportation ride. This would be a boat ride, like Jungle Cruise. The ride would stop at SNW, Madagascar, Pokémon Kingdom, LOTR, Kung Fu Panda, and Hyrule. Fireworks shows would also be displayed above the lake at night.

Lands (going clockwise from entrance at bottom-middle of the park): Entrance, Super Nintendo World, Hotel Transylvania, DreamWorks: Madagascar, an original land/ filler IP's, Pokémon kingdom, Star Trek, LOTR: Middle Earth, DreamWorks: Kung Fu Panda, DreamWorks: Far, Far Away (Shrek), The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule.

Rides:

Roller Coasters: Donkey Kong Mine-Coaster, LOTR RMC/Launched Wing-Rider, Shrek Family Coaster

Water Rides: Pokémon Water-Coaster, Madagascar Rapids, Original/Filler Slow Moving Boat Ride

Flat Rides: Shrek Carousel, Madagascar Dumbo-Style Ride, Mario's Shell Spinner

Dark Rides: Mario Kart Experience, Yoshi Omni-Mover, Luigi's Mansion Interactive Dark Ride, Hotel Transylvania Slow Dark Ride, Original IP/Filler Simulator, Pokémon Dark Ride, Star Trek Indoor Thrill Ride, LOTR Indoor Drop Tower, Kung Fu Panda Interactive Dark Ride, Zelda Powered Invert, Original IP/ Filler Dark Ride.

Attractions:

Shows: Zelda Puzzle Theater, a live Pokémon Tournament, a Kung Fu Panda comedy show, a Shrek live experience, and a firework show above the lake at night

Interactive Areas: Nintendo play areas, Pokémon catching tutorials and exploration areas, LOTR exploration areas, Zelda caves, Kung Fu Panda arcade-style games, water guns for the water rides

Meet & Greets: Mario Universe, Zelda Universe, Shrek, Star Trek, Transylvania, Kung Fu Panda, Gollum (LOTR)

Major Restaurants: Star Trek-themed space restaurant, Nintendo quick service, Kung Fu Panda (chinese food), Transylvania dinner theater, Pokémon-themed Japanese restaurant

Major Gift Shops: Mario merchandise, Pokémon merchandise, Zelda merchandise, LOTR, Shrek.

My dream Universal park lies with it anchored by four core items, filled with variety for everyone.

I don't care if it's Nintendo, DWA, or anything else, I would rather want to see them stick to four areas at launch, even if it'd be risky IPs or household brands.

Another thing is for Universal to take risks, doing things that are unique to Universal but also still working within the contents of a theme park.

That's all I would really want. More than anything, and not just giving a wish list of what IPs fit or not.

Reactions: Magic-Man
It would be cool if Jaws could show up in Park 4 in some capacity. Maybe not a full blown land or an expensive E-ticket, but would be awesome if it could have some type of good attraction presence. Jaws is iconic and even without the movie, shark's like dinosaurs and rocket ships never really go out of style ... especially for Florida tourists.

Not sure if anyone else has come across this but it looks like any Lionsgate IPs for a 4th gate would be off limits Lionsgate hopes to be the next Universal Studios, plans theme parks and attractions around the world | Blogs
Interesting... But that's not necessarily the case, since they plan to open parks and attractions in other countries. Consider that Dreamworks currently has rides in several non-Universal parks outside of the US. Sesame Street has attractions in Universal Japan and Singapore, but in the US the license is held by SeaWorld/Busch Gardens. Same with Snoopy for Knotts/Cedar Fair here and Universal in Japan, etc. Different markets, different licenses.

But still, interesting to see them still trying to do their own parks.

It would be cool if Jaws could show up in Park 4 in some capacity. Maybe not a full blown land or an expensive E-ticket, but would be awesome if it could have some type of good attraction presence. Jaws is iconic and even without the movie, shark's like dinosaurs and rocket ships never really go out of style ... especially for Florida tourists.
Universal great movie ride when ET finally closes.
BTTF
JAWS
GHOSTBUSTERS
ET
PSYCHO

Reactions: Ashhanbre and jrn14
Status
Not open for further replies.