Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 416 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That could be awesome to have the windows be see through OLED screens. The whole hotel could be an amazing backdrop for a show, sparkling and everything.
Well, since we are speculating. The hotel face (the one the park guests see) will be between the "Bellagio" style fountain show and the fireworks. If Universal wanted to get creative with space they would move any projection style work to the hotel to coordinate with the fountain and the fireworks. Where currently USF has the projections part in the lagoon and on some of the buildings.

That way your attention isn't divided by what's going on in the fountain and the projection on the hotel and the fireworks. This creates a layering effect.

FIREWORKS FIREWORKS FIREWORKS FIREWORKS FIREWORKS

HOTEL PROJECTION HOTEL PROJECTION HOTEL PROJECTION

FOUNTAIN IN SYNC WITH BOTH PROJECTION AND FIREWORKS

Reactions: shiekra38 and Nico
Well, since we are speculating. The hotel face (the one the park guests see) will be between the "Bellagio" style fountain show and the fireworks. If Universal wanted to get creative with space they would move any projection style work to the hotel to coordinate with the fountain and the fireworks. Where currently USF has the projections part in the lagoon and on some of the buildings.

That way your attention isn't divided by what's going on in the fountain and the projection on the hotel and the fireworks. This creates a layering effect.

FIREWORKS FIREWORKS FIREWORKS FIREWORKS FIREWORKS

HOTEL PROJECTION HOTEL PROJECTION HOTEL PROJECTION

FOUNTAIN IN SYNC WITH BOTH PROJECTION AND FIREWORKS
One difference of the current projections is there aren't people in those buildings, it might be a problem in a hotel

One difference of the current projections is there aren't people in those buildings, it might be a problem in a hotel
True. Backup plan would use the fountain for projection mapping. Although I don't know if the fountain is big enough to do a projection type show like they do in USF.

True. Backup plan would use the fountain for projection mapping. Although I don't know if the fountain is big enough to do a projection type show like they do in USF.
I don't know what the fountains are but with the amount of plumbing going in the bottom of those holes I think they will have plenty of screen

Reactions: tielo
Sorry if this has been asked before, will park guests be able to access the hotel restaurants from the park, or will we need to exit the park and take a bus to the front of the hotel? I imagine so, as they don’t want a million people who aren’t paying guests going in and out all day for funsies

My guess is the hotel windows will get this kind of treatment.

Screenshot-20220913-082611-Chrome.jpg

Sorry if this has been asked before, will park guests be able to access the hotel restaurants from the park, or will we need to exit the park and take a bus to the front of the hotel? I imagine so, as they don’t want a million people who aren’t paying guests going in and out all day for funsies

I think they'll have allowances made for guests to go back and forth through the turnstiles and screening again. They could always do a dedicated line for hotel guests to try to speed them through over the dining guests and gawkers.

It looks like the hotel restaurant is going to be between the hotel and the park. With two access points (park access and internal hotel access) Which means if you have a park ticket you can enter the restaurant (will probably still require a reservation). And I assume that all hotel guests will have to have a park ticket automatically. How they handle security between the park, hotel and restaurant is another question.

I was thinking about what attractions will be considered E-tickets, D-tickets, etc....my list:

E-Tickets:

Mario Kart
Donkey Kong Coaster
Monsters Dark Ride
Ministry of Magic Ride
Dueling Coaster

D-tickets:

HTTYD Coaster
Monsters Coaster

C-tickets:

Hub Carousel
Yoshi's Adventure
HTTYD Sky Fly
HTTYD Boat Ride

That being said...also thinking about must-dos....what attraction are people running to when the park opens? My top 3:

1. Donkey Kong Coaster (Even if the ride itself is mediocre...the visual appeal of this ride will be off the charts)

2. Monsters Dark Ride (This may end up having the widest appeal of any ride)

3. Mario Kart (An obvious choice)

Most underrated ride in terms of guest satisfaction:

HTTYD Coaster (Epic's answer to Slinky Dog)

My top 3 picks for "sleeper" hits:

1. Monsters Coaster
2. HTTYD Sky Fly
3. Hub Carousel

What ride may not live up to its "hype"?

1. Mario Kart
2. Donkey Kong
3. Dueling Coaster

The most crowded lands:

1. Nintendo
2. HTTYD
3. Wizarding World
4. Monsters

Which land will have the first expansion? My pick: Monsters

After multiple visits to the park....rank the lands that will offer the best repeat experience:

1. Monsters
2. HTTYD
3. Wizarding World
4. Nintendo

Thoughts?

I was thinking about what attractions will be considered E-tickets, D-tickets, etc....my list:

E-Tickets:

Mario Kart
Donkey Kong Coaster
Monsters Dark Ride
Ministry of Magic Ride
Dueling Coaster

D-tickets:

HTTYD Coaster
Monsters Coaster

C-tickets:

Hub Carousel
Yoshi's Adventure
HTTYD Sky Fly
HTTYD Boat Ride

That being said...also thinking about must-dos....what attraction are people running to when the park opens? My top 3:

1. Donkey Kong Coaster (Even if the ride itself is mediocre...the visual appeal of this ride will be off the charts)

1. Monsters Coaster
2. HTTYD Sky Fly
3. Hub Carousel

1. Mario Kart
2. Donkey Kong
3. Dueling Coaster

The most crowded lands:

1. Nintendo
2. HTTYD
3. Wizarding World
4. Monsters

After multiple visits to the park....rank the lands that will offer the best repeat experience:

1. Monsters
2. HTTYD
3. Wizarding World
4. Nintendo

Thoughts?
I think the HTTYD coaster could potentially become an E depending on the show scenes. Hopefully some large dragon animatronics scattered about.

I think the HTTYD coaster could potentially become an E depending on the show scenes. Hopefully some large dragon animatronics scattered about.

I wavered back & forth on that. You are right....show scenes, animatronics and overall theming could easily make this ride an E-ticket. I think that it will end up being one of the most popular rides in the park.

E-Tickets:

Mario Kart
Donkey Kong Coaster
Monsters Dark Ride
Ministry of Magic Ride
Dueling Coaster

D-tickets:

HTTYD Coaster
Monsters Coaster

C-tickets:

Hub Carousel
Yoshi's Adventure
HTTYD Sky Fly
HTTYD Boat Ride

1. Monsters Coaster
2. HTTYD Sky Fly
3. Hub Carousel

1. Mario Kart
2. Donkey Kong
3. Dueling Coaster

The most crowded lands:

1. Nintendo
2. HTTYD
3. Wizarding World
4. Monsters

1. Monsters
2. HTTYD
3. Wizarding World
4. Nintendo

Thoughts?
I think if food and beers are good, and the coaster can be a very solid D ticket, I think Monsters is off to a great start for repeat visits. Add in the possibility of a Creature ride in the future, oh boy, that land would be near perfection.

I think if food and beers are good, and the coaster can be a very solid D ticket, I think Monsters is off to a great start for repeat visits. Add in the possibility of a Creature ride in the future, oh boy, that land would be near perfection.

The one thing I really wish Epic Universe (or UOR as a whole) had in the lineup is a Pirates-style boat dark ride. If Monsters ever ended up with that, it'd be an incredible land. I have high hopes that the area will feel like Lost Continent -- proper distinctive 'theme park' design rather than just building a physical version of an IP.

How many "attractions" are we thinking will be in HP? There's the rumored elevator/ministry thing and a theater type show? Seems like there needs to be a third for such an iconic land.

The one thing I really wish Epic Universe (or UOR as a whole) had in the lineup is a Pirates-style boat dark ride. If Monsters ever ended up with that, it'd be an incredible land.
The whole UOR resort could use a couple of these, really.

USF would certainly benefit from one, and obviously a lot of us hope Creature from the Black Lagoon eventually comes to Epic (and sooner than later).

How many "attractions" are we thinking will be in HP? There's the rumored elevator/ministry thing and a theater type show? Seems like there needs to be a third for such an iconic land.
The plan currently is just two (the ride and a show).

The original plan would have also involved a VR broomstick ride, but that concept got shifted over to USF for a while before being killed completely (or so we've heard).

Reactions: Suchomimus
Status
Not open for further replies.