Universal's Epic Universe Hotel Speculation | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Hotel Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Universal Orlando Resort announced the addition of two new hotel properties to the Universal Orlando hotels portfolio - Universal Stella Nova Resort, opening Jan 2025, and Universal Terra Luna Resort, opening Feb 2025.

READ MORE:

Should probably move discussion to an official thread no? Assuming this is effectively an official announcement?

Take all talks about the officially announced hotels here.

The unannounced one can stay here for now.

Last edited:
I would speculate that the last hotel gets announced at the same time as the full park details announcement.

Hopefully with some computer visuals of the park view from your hotel room windows.

Reactions: Grabnar
While on the subject of opening dates.

The OG opening date for Helios was 4th October 2024.

It's about 8-10 weeks behind schedule. Could be ready for about January 2025 or if Epic has a soft opening in March time, it could make sense to open it then but that's purely a guess.

I think it makes sense to space out the openings a month apart, so if we're looking at January and February for the other properties, March makes sense for this final one.

Reactions: Ahmanet
I'm not a construction expert but it did look like the Helios was behind schedule a little bit. Interesting to see how much they might charge for an average nights stay.

I'm not a construction expert but it did look like the Helios was behind schedule a little bit. Interesting to see how much they might charge for an average nights stay.
I don't think it's behind at all-- they're obviously framing rooms as they build the slab layers. Unlike the other two where they waited to begin framing rooms until the concrete shell was complete. They have 14-16 months to finish it, and if necessary they can finish some floors before others.

I don't think it's behind at all-- they're obviously framing rooms as they build the slab layers. Unlike the other two where they waited to begin framing rooms until the concrete shell was complete. They have 14-16 months to finish it, and if necessary they can finish some floors before others.

There's no doubt it's behind schedule. The top floor was meant to be completed by the 2nd of November according to the building contract.

Helios was expected to have the first guests on 4th October 2024.

But I wouldn't confuse delayed with not being ready on time. It will be ready well before Epic opens.

Helios was like the last thing to go vertical, but it's still ridicouslous how fast it got built.

The only thing I would worry about is that round-a-bout in the sky for the Kirkman extension, progress there is slow

• Wow
Sapphire opened in a state that wasn’t acceptable. I’m guessing they’ve allowed for plenty of time so they don’t have to do that again.
You're right about that. Even registration was a mess.....But, the progress made at the end was unbelievable. We walked past the site on our way back to Cabana a bunch of times just weeks before it was supposed to open. What a mess. It was a big mud patch outside the entire resort, and what was soon that massive pool, was still a mud pit. We thought no way this opens on the opening date. But somehow they pulled it off, though it wasn't pretty.

Anyone else kind of surprised Loews is letting them call it “Universal Helios Grand”? Usually they like to slap their own name on the fancy ones examples: Sapphire, Royal Pacific, Portofino.

Just something nerdy that randomly popped into my mind lol

I think it's the other way around. Loews was putting their name on the hotels by default, but didn't want their name on the midscale properties because they consider themselves an upscale/luxury brand, so they opted out of putting their names on the other ones. It is interesting that their name isn't on this one though.

Status
Not open for further replies.