Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 74 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
By the way, that’s an EARLY rendering of the barbecue restaurant. The final version looks twice as good.

Also, the white things in the background of the art are from Monsters land. Windmill on left and Frankenstein lab’s tower on right.
Honestly thats pretty impressive to improve upon that lol, this is awesome look into the park though that we haven't really seen other than SNW obviously. Gorgeous, and this is only the BBQ restaurant.

Definitely isn't an amptitheatre either it seems on the left, that building looks enclosed. I think from the permits we concluded that but heres another sign to point us in that direction.

Honestly thats pretty impressive to improve upon that lol, this is awesome look into the park though that we haven't really seen other than SNW obviously. Gorgeous, and this is only the BBQ restaurant.

Definitely isn't an amptitheatre either it seems on the left, that building looks enclosed. I think from the permits we concluded that but heres another sign to point us in that direction.
Yup! Still think it's for some sort of show, but it's definitely not an open air theater. And it is tallll

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Yup! Still think it's for some sort of show, but it's definitely not an open air theater. And it is tallll
Some sort of stunt show with the Monsters would make sense honestly, massive sets, Id dig it. Maybe we get extremely lucky with an Omnimover dark ride that can go on an incline but this park needs more shows anyways, so this makes sense.

Also should be noted, the people in these early concept art are extremley business casual, one man has a briefcase, people are in overall nicer clothes than you see in a theme park, another thing that totally points to the restaurants being open, separate from the theme park (or free admission), as I do not see theme park guests ever dressed like that. Many rumors, including early rumors so may not stick to today, but the park closing early w/free access to the hub and this photo sorta, kinda shows that I feel. I could be reading too much into it but based on what we know I don't feel I'm off really.

Also should be noted, the people in these early concept art are extremley business casual, one man has a briefcase, people are in overall nicer clothes than you see in a theme park, another thing that totally points to the restaurants being open, separate from the theme park (or free admission), as I do not see theme park guests ever dressed like that. Many rumors, including early rumors so may not stick to today, but the park closing early w/free access to the hub and this photo sorta, kinda shows that I feel. I could be reading too much into it but based on what we know I don't feel I'm off really.

People in architectural previs are always dressed better than real people.

People in architectural previs are always dressed better than real people.
I don't see many briefcases in theme park concept arts tbh. You're right, but I feel this is dressing up a bit more. Could be because its for a restaurant, though. Just another thing I noticed in the art though.

Reactions: AnyNameYouWish
Not to get pedantic, but that's the castle from YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN, a Fox film.

They may well be borrowing from it, though, as the Universal Frankenstein films do not really depict a definitive Castle Frankenstein. It kind of changes from film to film, so the designers may be pulling from several sources for the design in the land.
Yep, thats my thinking as well. I should've clarified this was from Young Frankenstein, thanks for doing that. Im sure it won't be exactly like this, but its rumored the castle will cover the show building so something along these lines makes sense to me, some iteration of this photo.

Reactions: belloq87
The lab tower is kind of separate in EU. The rest just looks like Frankenstein manor. Very much the look and feel of the original Universal films. Less castle, more creepy old mansion.
Was gonna say, we never really see a castle in the 3 main Frankenstein movies, and the lab itself is in the watchtower.

Has it been discussed how the land would transition when the boat ride is put in?

Reactions: belloq87
Yeap, thats my thinking as well. I should've clarified this was from Young Frankenstein, thanks for doing that. Im sure it won't be exactly like this, but its rumored the castle will cover the show building so something along these lines makes sense to me, some iteration of this photo.

By the way, that’s an EARLY rendering of the barbecue restaurant. The final version looks twice as good.

Also, the white things in the background of the art are from Monsters land. Windmill on left and Frankenstein lab’s tower on right.
Also Universal tempering expectations that they will hide/theme show buildings. Glad to see them stick to their guns