Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 165 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have no clue when this thing will open, I don't think Universal knows when this thing will open, and people absolutely should not take a forum of people guessing Spring-Summer as a reason to start trip planning.
We're bored, fair to discuss timing, I don't see a problem with that. Major difference between "I want EU to open by x date so it coordinates with my vacation" and "based on xyz, it's fair to assume an opening date of xyz." I think it's fair to speculate for fun when it's opening... but certainly ridiculous to get angry over any potential delays or planning a trip around that.

The irony of using Volcano Bay as the example when it opened well before it was finished. I'd rather Universal take their time and get it right instead of meeting a self-imposed deadline.
Literally mentioned that Universal is adding a buffer thanks to VB - and just used it to show how far along Epic is compared to VB 3 months out. It's the most recent park to open in Orlando, just using it as a baseline.

VB was also quite barren of foliage 3-months out, and I use foliage as a decent way to gauge construction on projects as it's typically only added after some of the more difficult construction is completed.

If there's only thing that appears to be delaying Epic, it's that circle in the sky intersection that seems to be dragging on.

We're bored, fair to discuss timing, I don't see a problem with that. Major difference between "I want EU to open by x date so it coordinates with my vacation" and "based on xyz, it's fair to assume an opening date of xyz." I think it's fair to speculate for fun when it's opening... but certainly ridiculous to get angry over any potential delays or planning a trip around that.
No anger on my behalf. More just bored that your guess is one of the only ones that really put any effort into it and felt like a real prediction rather than "I want this date, so it'll be open on this date" (and lightly disappointed that the only prediction later than Summer got dragged immediately). Where's my deep dive speculation like HHN season gets hah? This is a whole new park with some wild stuff going on! Look at past examples of impressive new gen parks & rides and get weird with those predictions if you're gonna do 'em. The fact that we've made it this far post "Summer" getting dropped with people assuming it's a positive thing is wild to me and shows that spec is barely getting past surface level stuff.

Literally mentioned that Universal is adding a buffer thanks to VB - and just used it to show how far along Epic is compared to VB 3 months out. It's the most recent park to open in Orlando, just using it as a baseline.

VB was also quite barren of foliage 3-months out, and I use foliage as a decent way to gauge construction on projects as it's typically only added after some of the more difficult construction is completed.
Volcano Bay was adding plants the morning of its Grand Opening. Buffer or not, it's still an ironically funny thing.

Volcano Bay was adding plants the morning of its Grand Opening. Buffer or not, it's still an ironically funny thing.
I'll always cherish the fact that the first comment of the VBay General Discussion thread is "Since construction of the park isn't yet completed I guess we will have to continue that discussion here" despite the thread being created mere hours before the grand opening :lol:

Last edited:
We can guess it’s the inside rides slowing things down, and that may be part of it, but I’m sure it’s more complex than that. There’s a lot to coordinate for the full picture so everything is ready to go on time, not just the rides.
1000s of costumes and 1000s of pieces of merchandise to design and fabricate. 1000s of small details like themed shelving and display racks for the shops.

6 months ago I said "18 months feels like a long time for us, but it is crunch time at Universal. A LOT to do and only 18 months to do it."

Mind you, they also need to hire for not just this park, all the parks.

I don’t know park operations like everyone here may, but I am sure some “A list” team members may be transferred over to EU. They then need to be replaced as well.

Open it when it’s ready, as long as it’s not delayed until 2026 for some insane reason take your time. In the day of social media a bad opening will be remembered until trust is won back.

As @Tomfoolery said a few weeks ago, that it'll open when it's ready, or something in that regard. That kind of speaks volumes of what's happening behind the curtain.
No one has any idea when it’ll be ready. But in a few months there will be pressure to start selling vacation packages so someone’s going to have to select something.

I think Comcast is wanting to open up their 1K a night hotel as soon as possible. I also 100% agree with what Alicia said, there’s going to be mounting pressure to start selling vacation packages.

I think Comcast is wanting to open up their 1K a night hotel as soon as possible. I also 100% agree with what Alicia said, there’s going to be mounting pressure to start selling vacation packages.
Helios details were supposed to have already dropped. With that being held off, one has to wonder if they can’t open reservations for Helios until they know when the park is opening.

I mean, being able to enter the park from the hotel is kind of a big perk. Unlike Stella or Terra across the street.

The irony of using Volcano Bay as the example when it opened well before it was finished. I'd rather Universal take their time and get it right instead of meeting a self-imposed deadline.
We went to Volcano Bay on the 30th May, a few days after opening. It was my sons 6th birthday.
You could *literally* put your finger into the silicone holding the kids slides in place….because one of them actually did!

I do wonder if we will get a date in August to go against (show up) whatever Disney announces at D23…

I can see them having difficulty getting a decent number of guests for Stella and Terra 'if' an opening date, due to delays, looks to be late in the summer, or early fall. Even at cut room rates, why would someone stay there unless they were gambling for an earlier than expected soft opening of the park. Personally, I would have zero interest in booking those hotels without an open park. They're too far away from the main campus, when there's rooms galore available in those value/moderate main resort hotels.