Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion | Page 158 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe General News & Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Looks like they’re prepping for more merch availability, at least in the UK :lol:

View attachment 21531
Universal has been more vigilant in protecting their marks in more markets more quickly lately. Before they would go years before catching up on a backlog of marks, but now they seem to be applying in step with their U.S.A. counterparts... In other words, they want to ensure their names are protected around the world, even if they do not intend to use them everywhere (so no one else does).

Can confirm Uni are going for a big push in the UK. I complete paid surveys pretty regularly and this past week have had a few asking how I feel about Universal as a brand, Universal v. Disney, the possibility of an upcoming Florida trip. While not specifically about EU, since a lot of the questions were essentially "would you want to travel to Universal in 2025?", it's likely they're figuring out just how to really hit the outside markets!

Universal has been more vigilant in protecting their marks in more markets more quickly lately. Before they would go years before catching up on a backlog of marks, but now they seem to be applying in step with their U.S.A. counterparts... In other words, they want to ensure their names are protected around the world, even if they do not intend to use them everywhere (so no one else does).

Quick question. What is the expected way that admission to Epic will be handled? Is it a ticket to get in that covers everything, free admission to Hub but need to pay one admission to cover all of the lands? I realize that this has probably been discussed somewhere but wasn't sure where.

Quick question. What is the expected way that admission to Epic will be handled? Is it a ticket to get in that covers everything, free admission to Hub but need to pay one admission to cover all of the lands? I realize that this has probably been discussed somewhere but wasn't sure where.
I believe the general thought is that the individual tickets for each world idea has been dropped.

EDIT: Dropped is probably the wrong word, but I don’t believe general admission will be an entry ticket and 4 world add-ons. I’m sure it will be used in some capacity in the future but for other uses.

Last edited:
Can confirm Uni are going for a big push in the UK. I complete paid surveys pretty regularly and this past week have had a few asking how I feel about Universal as a brand, Universal v. Disney, the possibility of an upcoming Florida trip. While not specifically about EU, since a lot of the questions were essentially "would you want to travel to Universal in 2025?", it's likely they're figuring out just how to really hit the outside markets!

I think this is also them trying to ready the UK Market for the potential new Park by getting them excited and ensnared by EU and the Florida Parks so that when UGB comes around they're already card-carrying Universal fans. It feels like a two-pronged approach where they boost attention on EU in a market where they've historically done well (the UK holiday abroad crowd) while also building a large customer-base for a potential UK Park.

Having a some fun with lists, predictions and random thoughts....

What are you heading to first after entering the park?

1. Donkey Kong
2. Battle of the Ministry
3. Starbucks :lol:

What ride will have the most downtime?

1. Battle of the Ministry
2. Monsters Unchained
3. Mario Kart

What dining option will be the most crowded/longest lines?

1. Meade Hall
2. Toadstool Cafe
3. Atlantic

Which land will be the most jaw dropping?

1. Celestial Park
2. Isle of Berk
3. Darkmoor

What will bring a tear to your eye on your first visit (everything isn't an option!...lol)?

1. Walking through the entry arch
2. First ride on Battle of the Ministry
3. Walking through Darkmoor portal into village

What might surprise you the most in a positive way?

1. Celestial Park
2. Hiccup's Wing Gliders
3. Le Cirque Arcanus

Which land will you spend the most time in?

1. Celestial Park
2. Isle of Berk
3. Darkmoor

Which land will sell the most merch?

1. Super Nintendo World
2. Isle of Berk
3. Darkmoor

I'll join in!

What are you heading to first after entering the park?

1. Donkey Kong
2. Starfall Racers
3. Tiki bar!

What ride will have the most downtime?

1. Battle of the Ministry
2. Monsters Unchained
3. Mario Kart

What dining option will be the most crowded/longest lines?

1. Toadstool Cafe
2. Oak and Star
3.Meade Hall

Which land will be the most jaw dropping?

1. Super Nintendo World
2. Isle of Berk
3. Darkmoor

What will bring a tear to your eye on your first visit (everything isn't an option!...lol)?

1. Being able to afford a park facing room at Helios
2. The flavors of the food at the Blue Dragon
3. The faces of the my niece and god son when we enter the park (well, that will probably be my 2nd or 3rd visit but their first lol)

What might surprise you the most in a positive way?

1. Le Cirque Arcanus
2. Donkey Kong
3. Wizarding World Paris

Which land will you spend the most time in?

1. Celestial Park
2. Super Nintendo World
3. Darkmoor

Which land will sell the most merch?

1. Super Nintendo World
2. Isle of Berk
3. Wizarding World Paris

Hi all, haven't been around these halls for a while and I cant trawl through the entire 158 pages to find an answer. I'm sure its asked a lot and I apologise for asking again but what's the latest on Epic opening timescales? Is summer 25 still in play or are we looking later than that now? Thanks
:)

Reactions: belloq87
The answer you seek is within the entire 158 pages of priceless information. Have fun. . .
kung fu wow GIF by RCA Records UK

• Haha
Reactions: Jonea32 and Mike S
I wouldn't expect that. I'm expecting an opening date to be announced during the fall. Announcing an opening date a year in advance is a horrible idea.
How so??? You realize a lot of families visiting from out of state/country plan their vacations (flights, transportation, budgeting, etc) ahead of time like at least a year or so beforehand. For a new theme park as big as Epic Universe they need to, in my opinion it would be a really bad idea to annouce an opening date for this park that late like it makes no sense

You do not need an exact date to start budgeting and planning. How is this any different than when the park is building a new ride or attraction, and you want to wait util it opens to visit? you plan accordingly. Will you be the first one there, well unless you are a local or can travel at the drop of the time when dates and times are dropped then no. If we get an opening date 3-6 months before the park officially opens, that is plenty of time to plan and start planning a trip to a park that will not be closing anytime soon. I seriously doubt anything will be going on sale this year unless the park plans on opening in March or April.