Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread | Page 149 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For those forum readers that are really into this construction process, there's a really good read on Universals' park opening procedures on the Theme Park Insider site today. The story is an interview with the Universal execs that opened Universal Beijing, and what they have to go through to get an attraction and/or ride approved for the park opening, Different country here of course, but basically similar steps requirement.

Just in time for Bio to post yet another update! :D

I watched the video on a larger screen and it looks to me like the panel installed over the Carousel might be pre-finished. The fact that you can see the design on it in relief suggests it is either stamped in or applied in layers with each of the colors. If you look really closely it appears to have an adhesive plastic film protecting the panel-- you can see the edges where it overlaps.

Just in time for Bio to post yet another update! :D

I watched the video on a larger screen and it looks to me like the panel installed over the Carousel might be pre-finished. The fact that you can see the design on it in relief suggests it is either stamped in or applied in layers with each of the colors. If you look really closely it appears to have an adhesive plastic film protecting the panel-- you can see the edges where it overlaps.
That thing is going to look gorgeous once the colors are let loose. Imagine it will be lit from both the outside and inside at night.

That thing is going to look gorgeous once the colors are let loose. Imagine it will be lit from both the outside and inside at night.
I wonder if there is lighting built into the panels in some way? That could account for the raised surfaces where the pattern is.

Reactions: Ahmanet
The local news (WESH) just ran Bio's footage of the Sky Fly ride testing. I've lived here in Orlando for 12 years now and I still get a kick out of seeing how theme park news (even small stuff) is covered by our local news. Orlando is a theme park town, so even the smallest stuff gets attention.

Last edited: