Universal Studios Japan General Discussion | Page 64 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Japan General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
With the World Expo next year I would hope USJ leadership really isn't dumb because having a park with nothing open is going to tank their GSAT ratings unless they have some secret plan...

but thing again this is the same park that shut down their famously popular parade with no replacement and lower capacity right before golden week.
Per Tomfoolery, a port of VCMB replacing Backdraft is on the docket for a 2025 opening. Not a big attraction but its at least something new for 2025.

Tsumugimu tweeted this cryptic tweet today and then deleted.

Not sure if this tweet was referring to any specific unannounced project (2026 is awful soon for anything not already closed/announced) or rather just talking about all the currently ongoing closures and construction in the park.
IMG_6736.jpg

Tsumugimu tweeted this cryptic tweet today and then deleted.

Not sure if this tweet was referring to any specific unannounced project (2026 is awful soon for anything not already closed/announced) or rather just talking about all the currently ongoing closures and construction in the park.
View attachment 21633
It sounds like San Fran area is going away as well as part of New York…makes me think coverting all the Pokemon which would be what annoys the old fans

Edit: or pokemon plus the wharf becoming villian -con

Last edited:
More cryptic tweets from Tsumugiumu.

This map seems to confirm the rumors that all of New York and San Francisco is getting reconfigured by 2026.

The most eyebrow-raising part of this to me is that SNW is darkened. Not sure if that's just referring to the fact that DKC is not open yet and will be by 2026 or if it's alluding to something else.

Someone in the thread asked if this means Jaws is going to survive and Tsumugimu replied "I don't know".

Last edited:

This map seems to confirm the rumors that all of New York and San Francisco is getting reconfigured by 2026.

The most eyebrow-raising part of this to me is that SNW is darkened. Not sure if that's just referring to the fact that DKC is not open yet and will be by 2026 or if it's alluding to something else.

Someone in the thread asked if this means Jaws is going to survive and Tsumugimu replied "I don't know".

Live action hollywood films based areas is what the lights areas have in common. (Amity, Waterworld, Jaws, Jurassic Park, and Hollywood front area despite the 4D theatres are all themed to real world locals) Whereas the soundstages, the upcoming plans for NY (pokemon) SF (minions expansion), NIntendo (video games), Wonderworld (Hello Kitty, Peanuts, Sesame street, and the remaining areas are all based on non live action properties.

The poster doesn't seem to like animation that much so it would make sense why this is upsetting to her. But at the same time, I don't think all of the New York will become pokemon because Gramacy Square is so valuable for shows, christmas tree lightings, and seasonal events.

The poster also seems to think because of Pokemon, HHN will no longer happen at USJ. (I strongly disagree with that thought because HHN brings money to all the Universal parks worldwide and they even have an HHN icon who sells merch like crazy for the past 3 years)

At first, I thought she was just highlighting areas of the park that were "pure" new additions or part of the original USJ opening lineup. Otherwise, why would Minion Land be blacked out? But then, Super Nintendo World is also blacked out, so I'm not sure what her statement is other than the fact that everything within those areas are "animated properties".

A alright move. Even in Florida, there are arguments whether the “studio theme” (of which New York and San Francisco are apart of) is either necessary or worth hanging on to. Hopefully they can come up with more visually interesting lands.

The poster also seems to think because of Pokemon, HHN will no longer happen at USJ. (I strongly disagree with that thought because HHN brings money to all the Universal parks worldwide and they even have an HHN icon who sells merch like crazy for the past 3 years)
If I'm reading the same tweet you are, he's just saying that HHN may not take place in the New York area any longer starting next year.

Also fun fact: Tsumugimu is a "he". He's what's known in Japanese as an Otokonoko 男の娘, a man who dresses and presents as a woman despite not considering themself transgender. His real voice comes out sometimes in some of his vids.

Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
Me: I think I am going to make it to Japan next year and maybe spend a day at Universal to take my 6 year old daughter on Jaws.

Insiders: Jaws might be closing

Me:IMG_1510.gif