Universal Studios Florida: What Do We Think About It? | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Studios Florida: What Do We Think About It?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This isn’t the ET thread, but as I said there, it’s tradition for the ET entrance to be blocked.

View attachment 20838
Yes, but it doesn't mean it can't be put in the spotlight (or in a more prevalent location) like it deserves.

The stretch between Horror Makeup and Springfield is pretty much a mix of random/obscure/outdated/90s facades, face-painting and a closed down restaurant.

Reactions: Grumpy73
Not sure where to write this but as universal continues to grow a cutting edge coaster collection, it's become increasingly clear to me how bad they need an inverted model. I don't know if their shy to touch the concept due to the lore of Dueling Dragons, and maybe Seaworld has location rights on a B&M flyer. Imagine a launched inverted family coaster, or a vekoma launched flying coaster to pair with what UNI is building in Orlando right now. Just give Studios its proper thrill ride when you replace HRRR and this Resort has unquestionably the best attraction lineup in the world.

I’m half-joking, but since Skull Island is goin’ down the tubes…bring back Kongfrontation? I mean Supercharged is prime real estate for that.
I don't think this would be possible but like... Universal, please? Just do it? :lmao:

King Kong 1990S GIF by Universal Destinations & Experiences

Just came back from my first visit in a few months…I gotta say, this thread kind of documents death by 1,000 cuts but going there more sporadically really amplifies things. I do still empathize with Universal and Comcast as a business but they really do not do a single thing better than Disney besides make thrill rides. Parking is still a disaster, the TMs (outside of the bartenders who are all fantastic) seem a lot more miserable than usual, ride wait times are wildly inaccurate to the point that they may as well not even exist, and there were several downtime/reduced capacity issues we noticed throughout the day.

Still a fun time, I can’t lie…but a lot of concerns in this thread are pretty valid. I’m cautiously curious to see how staffing/service quality looks after Epic.

Just came back from my first visit in a few months…I gotta say, this thread kind of documents death by 1,000 cuts but going there more sporadically really amplifies things. I do still empathize with Universal and Comcast as a business but they really do not do a single thing better than Disney besides make thrill rides. Parking is still a disaster, the TMs (outside of the bartenders who are all fantastic) seem a lot more miserable than usual, ride wait times are wildly inaccurate to the point that they may as well not even exist, and there were several downtime/reduced capacity issues we noticed throughout the day.

Still a fun time, I can’t lie…but a lot of concerns in this thread are pretty valid. I’m cautiously curious to see how staffing/service quality looks after Epic.

Parking has always been off for some reason. It's better than years ago, but still gotta work on it.

As far as the thread's concerns (and I know it bled into other threads), I only give pushback when they use the concerns to paint the big picture without any nuance.

Last edited:

Lots of rides went down for a good time, often, during our week long visit. I wonder what the problem is. I can't recall that happening so often in the past. Anyway, I thought the park looked good. Mummy and ET refurbs were pretty damn good. But we were saddened that our fav live entertainment, Blues Brothers, got chopped up so much. A very much shortened version, and no more Mabel, really wounded the show. Hate to see these constant changes for the worst. Somebody there must hate live entertainment.

Parking has always been off for some reason. It's better than years ago, but still gotta work on it.

As far as the thread's concerns (and I know it bled into other threads), I only give pushback when they use the concerns to paint the big picture with any nuance.
Oh yeah I didn’t mean to say there’s been pushback…just surprised to see it all validated for myself.

Lots of rides went down for a good time, often, during our week long visit. I wonder what the problem is. I can't recall that happening so often in the past. Anyway, I thought the park looked good. Mummy and ET refurbs were pretty damn good. But we were saddened that our fav live entertainment, Blues Brothers, got chopped up so much. A very much shortened version, and no more Mabel, really wounded the show. Hate to see these constant changes for the worst. Somebody there must hate live entertainment.
Park does *look* good, although I don’t have the same opinion on Mummy…the timing on everything is still just off enough to be distracting from what I guess are residual issues from that overlong refurb.

Oh yeah I didn’t mean to say there’s been pushback…just surprised to see it all validated for myself.

Park does *look* good, although I don’t have the same opinion on Mummy…the timing on everything is still just off enough to be distracting from what I guess are residual issues from that overlong refurb.
Alene had refused to ride Mummy with me during the few years before the refurb. It was too rough for her and hurt her back, so I would do single rider. I told her about the refurb, and she said she would give it a try. Well, she loved it, and even asked to ride it a couple more times during the week. Seemed like there was a lot of stuff working, and lit up vividly, that I hadn't seen so well before the refurb. And the ride wasn't nearly as jolting and rough. I was pleasantly pleased. Long lines all week, during a slow week, so that says something.

I haven’t heard of any changes to Blues Bros. May have been an isolated occurrence?

I haven’t heard of any changes to Blues Bros. May have been an isolated occurrence?
We saw it three times. No Mabel and less songs. Couldn't believe how short the show was, since we've easily watched it well over a hundred times....I hope you're right and it's an isolated week.

ET was excellent. Best I've seen since my first visit in 2004. Even the hazmat suit guys were in the queue. Botanicus worked perfectly. The ride itself was in great shape, Everything but the fog in the travel tunnel was working and all the lights were lit up and very vivid. All those little AA's, and such, on the home planet looked almost new. The strong scent was back. Basically, like a good Yankee Balsam scented candle. The scent in the ET world scene seemed a tad different, but that's an interesting and good thing. They did a great job on ET. We rode it 5 or 6 times, it was soooo impressive....and brought back good memories.

Last edited:
Universal higher-ups on both coasts. USH only has Waterworld & Potter (Tri-Wiz/Frog Choir) left as far as "show entertainment" goes.

It's a constant negative trend. Probably comes down to them not wanting to cover "talent cost"
and...ironically....Universal's success , in the last half of the 20th century, wasn't so much as a film studio, but as a talent agency/negotiators for actors and other talent. That was their rep, as hard line negotiators for actors/talent. ...That's where the money and profit came from. Movies have traditionally been bad investments. and....the world turns upside down.

Reactions: Wesker69
My brain automatically thinks of the empty rotting theatre venues (FFL, Sinbad & Toon) all 3 of which would help decrease waittimes on busy days if they had active shows

I've seen talent from USH go on to Disney+ (HSM series), Power Rangers (1 to it, another from it), even Broadway. Then of course the Waterworld cast takes pride in their screen credits, so there is some acknowledgement

My brain automatically thinks of the empty rotting theatre venues (FFL, Sinbad & Toon) all 3 of which would help decrease waittimes on busy days if they had active shows

I've seen talent from USH go on to Disney+ (HSM series), Power Rangers (1 to it, another from it), even Broadway. Then of course the Waterworld cast takes pride in their screen credits, so there is some acknowledgement
The problem is Orlando can never compete with the talent pool in LA