Universal Stella Nova & Terra Luna Resorts | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Stella Nova & Terra Luna Resorts

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Universal's Epic Hostel

In all seriousness, I think it's one of the ugliest hotels in Orlando after driving past it last weekend multiple times. I know it's not finished, but man it looks like a rainbow can of tuna fish.

• Wow
Reactions: Ahmanet
Universal's Epic Hostel

In all seriousness, I think it's one of the ugliest hotels in Orlando after driving past it last weekend multiple times. I know it's not finished, but man it looks like a rainbow can of tuna fish.
I think it looks fine, it just looks odd without any foliage to accompany it at the moment.

Ugliest resort at UOR/WDW goes to Endless, followed up by the travesty they're building next to the Polynesian lol

I just need a bed, if this is cheap and really close to Epic, I'll look at my options later this year because I know when going to the other parks, I want to be at whatever hotels let you in early and unlimited express comes with them

The pricing will be the key on these two hotels. If they're cheap enough they'll do OK. But if they're not, they might have trouble filling the rooms. All the other Universal medium and low priced resorts have more to offer. Endless isn't great looking, but it has lots of cheap suites for families. These two are lacking that feature.

I wonder who owns that little plot of land in front of the Courtney Apartments and Universal Blvd. Would hate for something ugly to be build at that location and ruin some of the vistas of this resort.

I wonder who owns that little plot of land in front of the Courtney Apartments and Universal Blvd. Would hate for something ugly to be build at that location and ruin some of the vistas of this resort.
Do you mean the corner of Universal Blvd and Destination Pkwy? Cause that's where the 21-story W-Hotel by Marriott is going.

Oh, I see maybe you mean that little strip between the apartments and Universal Blvd... No clue who owns that. Seems to have access roads that lead to within apartment area, so maybe Courtney owns it for expansion? If not, would be a good spot for a strip mall and gas station lol

courtney2.jpg

Oh, I see maybe you mean that little strip between the apartments and Universal Blvd... No clue who owns that. Seems to have access roads that lead to within apartment area, so maybe Courtney owns it for expansion? If not, would be a good spot for a strip mall and gas station lol

Yeah the one across the 7-11, not the W hotel location.

Just searched OC records... a Staybridge Hotel is proposed there lol

Yeah the one across the 7-11, not the W hotel location.

Just searched OC records... a Staybridge Hotel is proposed there lol
Looked that up too, listed as Staybridge Suites and Even Hotel - a little odd they’d build a Marriott and IHG brand on the same plot but they may have been AOP’d out of every other reasonable combo of the same flag.

Oh, there’s a golf course nearby! That is neat, does anyone know if that’s public or private? Not trying to derail the thread here, just curious.

These resorts are a good long term strategy. Pricing is fair for its location, but it’ll get more expensive as the Epic area grows and if they ever even build a 4th park or water park, the location only sweetens it for some time. Wish it had a tiny bit more to offer or unique food options would entice me more.

Oh, there’s a golf course nearby! That is neat, does anyone know if that’s public or private? Not trying to derail the thread here, just curious.

The course is at the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort and is open to the public.

Yeah this area is going to explode with development soon ... which is fine unless it is stores selling imitation Nintendo stuff
It’s already pretty built out to be honest. Ripley's owns some land next to Top Golf but other than that it's like 2-3 small plots. The other side of 528 is residential. Up Destination Parkway is business parks. Could see an apartment complex going up down Destination Parkway toward the convention center.

I mentioned this with the hotel plot next to 7-Eleven but one problem is that almost any sort of franchise (McDonald's, Burger King, limited service hotels, etc.) already exists within a close distance and you're generally not allowed to build a new location within a certain distance of another franchisee's location.

Last edited:
Yeah this area is going to explode with development soon ... which is fine unless it is stores selling imitation Nintendo stuff

It’s already pretty built out to be honest. Ripley's owns some land next to Top Golf but other than that it's like 2-3 small plots. The other side of 528 is residential. Up Destination Parkway is business parks. Could see an apartment complex going up down Destination Parkway toward the convention center.

I mentioned this with the hotel plot next to 7-Eleven but one problem is that almost any sort of franchise (McDonald's, Burger King, limited service hotels, etc.) already exists within a close distance and you're generally not allowed to build a new location within a certain distance of another franchisee's location.

Yeah the area is already built out with the exception of whatever Universal ends up doing with their other plots of land and some land owned by SeaWorld nearby. All the potential land west of I-4 is mostly utilized too for apartments/shopping centers.

My hope is that this spurs a gradual trend of replacing some of the uglier/older stuff on I-Drive.

Reactions: Suchomimus