Universal RFID Bands? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal RFID Bands?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Maybe each level of guest just gets a different color? And each year the color changes? Kind of like a refillable cup.

Want to note that Universal needs to update their ticketing systems to something just matching the old Keys to the Kingdom program. I don't think MM+, FP+, or a MagicBands system is a good move.
Or like Disney's current system if you ask for a physical card instead of a band. There simply needs to be RFID implemented into everything.

And better, easier to use wifi along with a MUCH better app.

Reactions: JoeCamel and Blue
Want to note that Universal needs to update their ticketing systems to something just matching the old Keys to the Kingdom program. I don't think MM+, FP+, or a MagicBands system is a good move.

I would like to see a photo pass of some description even if it was just a package that allowed one of every on ride photo. It's a pain just now because you have to ride a coaster without your wallet and then go and collect it and head back to the ride to buy a photo.

Reactions: IzzyB and Jon84
It appears they have something similar but I'm not sure if it actually includes on ride photos or not.

Photo Connect | Universal Orlando

The Universal website is a bit of a mess.

We use this and it includes all the ride photos you like, as well as the random photographers around the Park. Think our AP Holder one was something like $120 for a years star card (the term they use for it).

Reactions: Scott W.
I personally welcome the bands to universal. And if they can do it right and allow AP holders to link credit cards I will even like it more. Honestly not having to find you ticket when walking up to the gate with kids, strollers, and bags is really nice. Now if they could link my credit card I never have to dig for anything at the parks. The pictures at Disney are amazing. They actually track which car you are in and send your pictures to your photo account without doing anything. Nothing at all, that would be awesome if Uni did that too.

Really, they should just give you the choice of whether you want a card for a wristband.

It's probably little effort on their end and any cost will be made back by impulsive purchases.

Out of interest, I've never used a magic and before and if you buy something, is it really just as easy as putting your wrist to a sensor and that's it?

Why not both?

I think a band will be necessary for Volcano Bay but a card will work just as well for the parks. Whatever the person feels most comfortable with.

Reactions: martymcflyy85