Universal Kids Resort - Frisco, Texas | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Kids Resort - Frisco, Texas

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Think it's interesting that each half of this park has a flatter land with clear sight lines for pre-schoolers, and more dense, multi-level lands with more exploratory areas for older kids.

Also we get any updates recently?

Reactions: Nico
Good god, finally some news, like water in the desert.

Wait, they haven't started designing it yet? Or is this like when they announce an actor is playing a role in a film even though the film has completed production?

Good god, finally some news, like water in the desert.

Wait, they haven't started designing it yet? Or is this like when they announce an actor is playing a role in a film even though the film has completed production?
It’s been in development for a while, but all projects need external designers and contractors - it’s a collaborative effort. Early site work and land clearing is expected later this year with actual construction starting in 2024.

From the THR article, Frisco has been confirmed for 2026!

"In addition to the Epic park, Universal will be opening a kids’ theme park in Texas in 2026 and a Halloween horror experience in Las Vegas in 2025. The kids’ theme park is meant to target attendees below the age of 8 — while the sweet spot for the main attractions is families with children 8 years old and above — and the horror experience taps into existing franchises and partnerships with creators such as Jordan Peele."

Last edited:
Three years for this park makes since with a hotel

Excited to see the end product and hopefully get to visit it within the first year of opening

Reactions: BriefCasey
Interesting that this project has sooo many restrictions, they really don't want this park to become a general park ever just for kids/families.

What fascinates me from the vid/article that @Alicia made--lies in how willing Universal is adhering and agreeing with it. As if they know and understand the scale that this park is really going to be.

What fascinates me from the vid/article that @Alicia made--lies in how willing Universal is adhering and agreeing with it. As if they know and understand the scale that this park is really going to be.
Just finished it to me what's strange is the fact that Universal might use none owned by Universal Characters

When they have Minions, Dream Works, Nintendo and Jurassic I have no idea why Universal would even consider that on this size of a park. I feel like Universal has plenty of IPS for this park. So hope they don't end up using other characters because I would love to see more Shrek/Puss in Boots, Panda, Bad Guys, and HTTYD at the parks, along with Nintendo having a ton of IP's perfect for flat rides and honestly really am hoping Jurassic makes it way in with a river adventure with no big drops

Keep in mind, these restrictions are based on exactly what Universal promised the county they were doing. They promised the park is targeted to small children. They promised green landscaping. They promised only the best beloved animated characters and successful properties.

The agreement is using all of UNIVERSAL’s words, to hold them to it. They didn’t want this to be some kind of backdoor noisy coaster thrill park with teens and crime and unsightly sightlines.

Reading the wording in the agreement, it’s clear they’re just quoting what they were told… Why else would “immersive lush green landscape” end up in a permit?

IMG_9112.jpeg

Keep in mind, these restrictions are based on exactly what Universal promised the county they were doing. They promised the park is targeted to small children. They promised green landscaping. They promised only the best beloved animated characters and successful properties.

The agreement is using all of UNIVERSAL’s words, to hold them to it. They didn’t want this to be some kind of backdoor noisy coaster thrill park with teens and crime and unsightly sightlines.

You know, “Universal Kids” is an excellent name for this place. A very direct, to-the-point way of advertising this park is what the city of Frisco and the local area would approve.

yeah, want to make sure they can fit in pixar characters when the walt disney company is sold for scraps by apple (just messing around)
They wish, I'll be picking up Pixar so I can make Toy Story 5: Andy Returns, The Incredibles 3: Under Miner's Revenge, Finding Nemo 3: This time Marlin is Lost, Monsters Inc 2: Boo is Back, Bugs Life 2: Hopper is a Zombie Lightyear 2: Andy's REAL Favorite Movie

I don't expect it one bit, but ANY Nintendo (Mario) related content here would be nuts. Would be cool for families and children to more easily access Nintendo content at a theme park without dealing with the stress of the major park(s) experience.

Though I wonder if Nintendo would be okay with content that was of a lesser caliber than SNW. Would they be okay with Mario themed flat rides?

Last edited:
I don't expect it one bit, but ANY Nintendo (Mario) related content here would be nuts.
If they're smart, I'm sure future films would have tie-ins for meet and greets, merchandise, and food/beverage offerings. Those can be whipped up faster than a new attraction, or land. Look at how Universal promoted films like the Puss in Boots, Boxtrolls, or Super Mario Bros Movie without a permanent in-park presence:

318106052_6031990376833054_4810458080804829682_n.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

2023-uo-universal-orlando-super-mario-bros-photo-op-movie-3.jpg