Universal Kids Resort - Frisco, Texas | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Kids Resort - Frisco, Texas

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah. NIMBYism is a real impediment to development a lot of time. There's a restaurant that just opened in the FQ after 11 years of lawsuits trying to keep it from happening.

The city can also put restrictions on the land to keep undesirable elements from being added. A lot of SF parks have height restrictions due to city regulations pushed by residents.

I deal with it all the time. All it takes is a few key residents to be vocal, often times they speak for a few more folks than attend the meetings, but not the majority.

They key to all of it is who votes. I'm dealing with a project now that is hung up in rezoning due to NIMBY's. They make up a very small portion of the overall population, but a majority of the votes cast in that neighborhood come from those same NIMBY's. So the Council rep's listen to them. The apathetic that stay home on the rezoning meetings, often stay home on voting day as well.

Going to be honest, I don't think one person should be able to speak for one area. If you dont like the project you should have to come out against it and not be able to just have one person come out. Because if you really dont want it fine but you need to come out against it vs just sending someone to represent you and an entire area.

Reactions: jarmor
I'd be curious to hear what a "vast majority" of residents means in this context. Does that mean a majority of residents near the theme park? in Frisco? I'm quite skeptical despite my general cynicism as it relates to Universal and the city councils it's working with.

I want someone on Universal’s side to show how close Dr Phillips is to UO

I don't think showing two(three) theme parks full of rollercoasters, 8 hotels, and a nightlife district to people who don't want this near their homes will have a positive effect.

If they did daily operation from Memorial Day and Labor Day, that's 99 days.
I assume they'll have Friday, Saturday & Sunday operations for the other 38 weeks, so that adds up to another 114 days.
I wonder how they'll make up the other 57 days.

I assume they'll have Friday, Saturday & Sunday operations for the other 38 weeks, so that adds up to another 114 days.
Make it every Thursday and other scattered holidays, there's your 57.

I would guess they'll do a 5 day a week operation like Disneyland used to do with Monday/Tuesday closed in the slow season.

Reactions: Coolbfitz