Universal Great Britain | Page 102 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As a huge fan of BTTF back when I was young, I am fully behind a 88.8 mph launch BTTF coaster. Oh and a Ghostbusters ride too, man, alot of my childhood faves are old Universal staples.

Reactions: bdubsCEO and Steeb
Sadly I don't imagine we will see any of the classic attractions or properties like BTTF or Jaws etc (and believe me, I would LOVE Jaws).

I think the direction they have taken with Epic is a result of how popular fully immersive lands have proven to be for them with Potter and IOA. So my guess is the most we will see that resembles classic Universal will be the entrance plaza at most.

Reactions: xtpower
IIRC, someone on the forum speculated Tomfoolery actually worked for Universal directly and was planted on the forum to drop updates on the parks for us Universal fans. Tomfoolery liked the post.

IIRC, someone on the forum speculated Tomfoolery actually worked for Universal directly and was planted on the forum to drop updates on the parks for us Universal fans. Tomfoolery liked the post.
Yeah I recall that. A few of his recent posts that had details of the new Epic Universe Harry Potter and Monsters rides were deleted interestingly! Maybe he / the powers that be decided he had shared a little too much.

Reactions: xtpower
Yeah I recall that. A few of his recent posts that had details of the new Epic Universe Harry Potter and Monsters rides were deleted interestingly! Maybe he / the powers that be decided he had shared a little too much.

Which is probably why his newest post here is so vague. Don't wanna rock the boat too much.

Reactions: Della

Tom is caught in a consistent conflict about what information to post to avoid himself or someone he knows getting the tic-tac.

I feel for him. One love Tometh.

But if he works for Universal, I had thought the company themselves would look over the posts before he hits the post button. And some posts like Pokemon and the HRRR replacement for USF have been left up.

June 3rd. (But probably from some local official on Facebook, so we may not notice for a week or two unless someone stumbles upon it.)
I've got a feeling Mohammad Yasin will probably be among the first to break it, he's been super hot on sharing info recently including the launch of the public consultation and the results of said consultation. He's definitely one to watch!

June 5th, just to fill that little void there :p. I expect it'll get out pretty quick from an official, we've got some sleuths at work.

About that talk about the UK election/parliament affecting chances for Universal GB...

I'm worried about government interference, because the Tories are always being "buggers". I'm even worried the next parliament, or MPs, or prime minister, will deny the project.

This whole UK government thing even applies to the proposed "Great British Railway" body, aka "British Rail 2.0".

Last edited:
... I'm even worried the next parliament, or MPs, or prime minister, will deny the project.
Difficult to imagine a reason where any government, or any parliament, would turn down a multi-billion pound foreign investment in the UK by Universal, which will create thousands of jobs, millions of pounds of tourist revenues and ongoing tax receipts for local and national governments.