Universal Great Britain | Page 74 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not sure why you'd be doing archaelogical surveys on the remains of an industrial site. Especially something like a Brickworks which probably has substantial foundations to accomodate the giant chimneys they were using.

This is likely just a prepatory clearing so that they have a staging area for the early work on the Core Zone if it gets the go ahead.

Some great little clues in that write up by the local pupils. They’ve got Executive Show Producers already identified in Universal Creative for the park’s attractions; there’s some artwork about possible ideas for the park which they’re happy to share; Toothsome’s Emporium likely to find a home in CityWalk (yay!); 800 room hotel in the first phase, etc.

We need to get Livie and Richie to post here so we can bombard them with questions! Nothing quite so exciting ever happened to me when I was Head Boy.

Some great little clues in that write up by the local pupils. They’ve got Executive Show Producers already identified in Universal Creative for the park’s attractions; there’s some artwork about possible ideas for the park which they’re happy to share; Toothsome’s Emporium likely to find a home in CityWalk (yay!); 800 room hotel in the first phase, etc.

We need to get Livie and Richie to post here so we can bombard them with questions! Nothing quite so exciting ever happened to me when I was Head Boy.
Hotel seems to have grown from 500 room to 800.

Hotel seems to have grown from 500 room to 800.
Yes, I thought that was the case. 800 rooms I think is the same size as the Universal Grand Hotel in Beijing?

Just for the avoidance of doubt, the school which was invited to the presentation was a primary school, so the report by the Head Boy and Head Girl was written by 11 year olds (not 16 or 18 year olds which I assumed on first seeing the link to the school’s website).

Reactions: Alicia
Any idea what characters those things were? I’m very unfamiliar with Universal IP aimed at young kids.

EDIT: Earl the Squirrel, apparently. A park mascot at Christmas (perhaps answering the question “will it be a year-round park?”).

Yeah, Earl the Squirrel and also Lil' Boo from HHN by the sounds of it. Although I have just realised that text isn't actually on the page :nervous:

• Haha
Reactions: Alicia and rob@rar
Very clever move from Universal here, you get the kids excited and they'll go to their parents and tell them how great it's gonna be etc etc. Then if a parent tries to be a NIMBY they'll end up with their child hating them for it :p.

Very clever move from Universal here, you get the kids excited and they'll go to their parents and tell them how great it's gonna be etc etc. Then if a parent tries to be a NIMBY they'll end up with their child hating them for it :p.
Haha that’s what I thought, tempt them with the word chocolate and you’ve got them sold.

From some of the clues that are dropping it sounds like this park may be a little like the Beijing one. I am now picturing an 800 room hotel arching over the park entrance or at least very nearby.

I wonder if they are inviting a number of schools to these meetings at the corn exchange.

Hills Academy is in north Bedford in a fairly middle class area. Maybe I just answered my own question.

From some of the clues that are dropping it sounds like this park may be a little like the Beijing one. I am now picturing an 800 room hotel arching over the park entrance or at least very nearby.

I think it'll have Beijing like elements, the Hotel over the gate and more covered areas etc etc. But I don't see it being a Beijing repeat, they certainly won't do that Kung Fu Panda indoor area.