Universal Great Britain | Page 67 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Great Britain

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Strange question, how much do we think Universal will charge for parking here? I’m guessing between £15-£20.

I wondered this. Realistically, what will things cost in terms of parking, hotel, food, drink and ticket prices when it’s built?

But I thought it’s hard to predict what inflation will cause the prices to be in 2030/31…

Digger update - I couldn't see the new diggers (the 3 digging trenches) from the train this morning. They've either moved to the other end of the plot or finished. The original sentinel digger remains. A couple of vans parked on the plot this morning too - not by the edge. Could be the archaeologists moving in?

Digger update - I couldn't see the new diggers (the 3 digging trenches) from the train this morning. They've either moved to the other end of the plot or finished. The original sentinel digger remains. A couple of vans parked on the plot this morning too - not by the edge. Could be the archaeologists moving in?

From the drone footage I've seen they had a person noting down stuff while each trench was being dug. Project Universal UK called them a guy watching the digger, but I definitely saw a note book in their hands. So perhaps this is them bringing in those archaeologists to just double-check the trenches.

From the drone footage I've seen they had a person noting down stuff while each trench was being dug. Project Universal UK called them a guy watching the digger, but I definitely saw a note book in their hands. So perhaps this is them bringing in those archaeologists to just double-check the trenches.
I think they have 2 guys per trench, 1 driver and 1 guy watching the bucket. Then a third guy who is looking over multiple trenches in a little more detail placing the flags and taking notes.

It looks like there is a standarised system used for marking trial trenching. However, archaeology practice is apparently less standarised. I'm not sure if this stage of digging conforms to general contruction standards or specific archaeology standards set by whatever company is doing the digging. Anyway, for interest here's the fairly typical colour coding system:

Red – Electric power lines, conduit and cables.
Orange – Telecommunication, alarm or signal lines.
Yellow – Gas, oil, steam, petroleum, or other flammable material.
Green – Sewage and drain lines.
Blue – Drinking water.
Purple – Reclaimed water, irrigation, and slurry lines.
Pink– Temporary survey markings, unknown/unidentified facilities.
White – Proposed excavation limits or route.

1713947110239.png

My friend who sent me those images I posted from the southern plot a while back messaged me saying he keeps hearing weird noises at night when he gets home late from work, coming from that field..

It looks like there is a standarised system used for marking trial trenching. However, archaeology practice is apparently less standarised. I'm not sure if this stage of digging conforms to general contruction standards or specific archaeology standards set by whatever company is doing the digging. Anyway, for interest here's the fairly typical colour coding system:

Red – Electric power lines, conduit and cables.
Orange – Telecommunication, alarm or signal lines.
Yellow – Gas, oil, steam, petroleum, or other flammable material.
Green – Sewage and drain lines.
Blue – Drinking water.
Purple – Reclaimed water, irrigation, and slurry lines.
Pink– Temporary survey markings, unknown/unidentified facilities.
White – Proposed excavation limits or route.

View attachment 21640
This is spot on, the flags are for utilitie placements. Sure there will be acheology researchers on site to see if they find something during the build (and that will halt the construction definetly) but the flags are not for that.

Makes you think of they already have made a decision and have a fully approved plan.

Reactions: Altonsky
This is spot on, the flags are for utilitie placements. Sure there will be acheology researchers on site to see if they find something during the build (and that will halt the construction definetly) but the flags are not for that.

Makes you think of they already have made a decision and have a fully approved plan.

That's a very good point, You wouldn't go and assign flags for utility placement if the actual plans are still fluid.

While Universal may have a plan, I do not believe daddy Comcast has made a final decision yet. Just like they've supposedly told local government, they should have a final decision by June.

I was gonna make a post about how everything is lining up for Daddy Comcast to say yes, but didn't want to jinx it. So instead I'll say that the area is ok, the land is alright I suppose and the locals were well local... :p

Reactions: yepthatguy
While Universal may have a plan, I do not believe daddy Comcast has made a final decision yet. Just like they've supposedly told local government, they should have a final decision by June.
Presuming Universal have preliminary plans that are being kept under wraps? And ideas being workshopped to how they would work. Obviously Comcast have to be happy to sign off that amount of money all being well.

I assume they’re just double checking the utilities are where they think they are aren’t they.

Maps can be old, outdated, lost or incomplete.

We’re an old country and I’m sure things have been put all over the place over the years.

Better to double check now than come across something unexpected further down the line.

Reactions: LieutLaww
At this point I don’t think any local factors are standing in the way. It’s likely a matter of budget approval. And the current status of Epic Universe and whether or not it will be ready on time, forecasted to return profit by X date, and is pleasing investors, may play into a UK investment decision more than anything.

Just because Universal wants to build another resort doesn’t mean they have the budget approved yet to do so.