Universal’s Great Movie Escape | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal’s Great Movie Escape

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Does anyone know if there are are only two rooms or multiple of each BTTF and JP rooms. Only two rooms seems really low capacity?

There are only two distinct experiences set up now, no copies or overlaps. The entire experience takes about an hour or so, depending on how well you do. You will pass through 8 separate environments, so they can always have new groups moving through each smaller section and not have to wait a full hour to start the next group's experience. There's a waiting area while you wait for your turn, which may vary depending on how long the group ahead of you takes in their first room, hence the "90-min warning." Some of that time is spent waiting to start.

Apparently it's a 90 minute experience, but a new group can begin every 15 minutes.

It is also possible that this attraction uses up the space behind Fat Tuesday, which has long been rumored to be an empty shell. Maybe @Alicia knows more?
I do not know what space they are utilizing... but if this venture is successful, they have supposedly saved space for additional Escape Room adventures later on. Maybe that's what you are talking about?

Also, manifesting it now... I want a JAWS room, somehow. Make it so.

Ahhhh the separate rooms and sections makes sense in how they could add some capacity with multiple groups working on each experience at once. I'm sure they've timed it out so no group would be able to catch up to a group ahead of them. Interesting...

Last edited:

Some of the cocktails.

I first heard there were three experiences, with one being a general movie making one. Probably that would have been the one in the expansion area.

So, it is two stories, one experience on lower level and one on upper level. Makes sense. Expansion may be behind the building then?

If I were to get a reservation for a group of 2, would we be paired with other people? Not a deal breaker and it would be understandable, but I’m just wondering.

Doubt it—this would be counterintuitive to the entire concept of revenue management.
Yup that’s what I figured. Obviously we’d prefer if it were just 2 of us going through it together but I think we’ll be fine with others. Will be interesting to see availability over the next couple months.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
For those who have been able to go through either experience, would love to read what each room is themed to (under a spoiler tag of course).
Mostly looking to find out what 8 rooms BTTF is comprised of.

For those who have been able to go through either experience, would love to read what each room is themed to (under a spoiler tag of course).
Mostly looking to find out what 8 rooms BTTF is comprised of.

Intro, Institute of future technology, 1885, Café 80s, enchantment under the sea dance, Biff’s pleasure Paradise, inside of the clock tower, Institute of future technology again

Yup that’s what I figured. Obviously we’d prefer if it were just 2 of us going through it together but I think we’ll be fine with others. Will be interesting to see availability over the next couple months.

If you have the money you could pay the $300 for a private experience up to 8 people. It'll scale for only two people. Obviously not the best solution but it is one!

The fact that you can't "fail" appeals to me, as I've never done an Escape Room and would like to try out how well we work as a team solving puzzles before I try a timed one.

Reactions: Darko and belloq87
Attractions has a great review up. Seems like it’s a success.

Also, seems they got Christopher Lloyd to record new dialogue for the BTTF experience. Unexpected but cool.

This is a great breakdown of what the experience actually *is* and how it's able to work at the scale they're promising. It frankly sounds a lot like Delusion haunted experiences in that the experience dynamically simultaneously moves multiple groups through the same sequence at different stages, with escape room-like interactives in lieu of performer skits. Like Delusion, you cannot "fail," and "stall" tactics are available to keep a group seamlessly occupied if the next room is not clear for whatever reason. It's legitimately neat tech/design and resembles something I worked on (but was never able to perfect or fully execute), so this alone is an achievement.

Inevitably, this design approach has led to some compromises on the gamification. It sounds like the puzzles are less integral to the experience than I would have hoped considering you cannot necessarily "fail" and may be required to do additional iterations of them if there are delays a few rooms ahead. The workarounds to avoid having to do physical resets sound very clever, but I'll need to hear more details and opinions on whether they are actually satisfying or whether they feel like glorified mini games or time fillers.

With that said, the sets sound very cool. Curious to hear more about Jurassic World.

I really....really hopes this makes it way to USH......Citywalk could really use something like this

I really....really hopes this makes it way to USH......Citywalk could really use something like this

I was thinking about this- I wonder if it would suffer due to lack of on property hotels?

Still blows my mind that with all of the UOR hotels that upper level of citywalk is not slammed every night. They just don’t promote it or something

I was thinking about this- I wonder if it would suffer due to lack of on property hotels?

Still blows my mind that with all of the UOR hotels that upper level of citywalk is not slammed every night. They just don’t promote it or something
Its in Hollywood, so maybe on weekday mornings they'd be closed but think most of the time they'd be packed.

Also sooooo many people want a BTTF attraction this would kinda scratch that itch a little bit