Tropical Americas w/ Encanto & Indiana Jones to replace DinoLand? | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Tropical Americas w/ Encanto & Indiana Jones to replace DinoLand?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
With Tiana taking about 18 months to retheme... we could realistically see Dinosaur close later this summer and debut Indy sometime Winter 2025/26?
I’d guess spring break 2027, depending on how much they give Encanto. If it’s just a walk thru then maybe 2026 Christmas, but I’d say this is definitely a 2027 project.

I’d guess spring break 2027, depending on how much they give Encanto. If it’s just a walk thru then maybe 2026 Christmas, but I’d say this is definitely a 2027 project.
I don't want to be too optimistic, but I think Disney is being serious about all this expansion and waiting until 2027 is just silly. That will be a full decade after Pandora opened.

I don't want to be too optimistic, but I think Disney is being serious about all this expansion and waiting until 2027 is just silly. That will be a full decade after Pandora opened.
I agree they’re taking things seriously, and I suspect 2027 and post that is where things pickup.

D23 will really set the benchmarks for how soon we see these things. I could really see this opening mid-2026 or mid-2027 depending on how it all shakes out. Tiana seems relatively expediant, but the EPCOT Hub and Tron took ages to build and were both big projects for their respective parks that shuttered a lot of key areas.

My hope is if Dinosaur leaves, we see something new take its' place much sooner rather than later, but I've we'll see how it goes.

This is such a dumb move. Dinosaurs are timeless and last time I checked, Animal Kingdom is supposed to be about ANIMALS. Dinosuar is, in my opinion, the best ride in this park.
It's a decent ride but like... eh. Far from the best ride in the park that also has Expedition Everest and Flight of Passage. I feel like dinosaurs will still be in the ride following the retheme so it's not like it's completely going to lose that element, it's probably just going to be an Indy centric story that'll have dinosaurs and more animals in it. They had time travel in the last Indiana Jones movie so it's possible.

I think every time I've rode it over the years, it was a a walk on, or close to one. I liked it, but I think I was in the minority.
I was surprised when I was at the park the other day the wait-times were fluctuating between 45-65mins. I've never seen the ride that busy lol

It's a decent ride but like... eh. Far from the best ride in the park that also has Expedition Everest and Flight of Passage. I feel like dinosaurs will still be in the ride following the retheme so it's not like it's completely going to lose that element, it's probably just going to be an Indy centric story that'll have dinosaurs and more animals in it. They had time travel in the last Indiana Jones movie so it's possible.
I also think it’s important to point out that while people often forget it’s a “ride,” Kilimanjaro Safaris and its 3,000+ THRC is a top five WDI creation (at least in my list).

After riding Dinosaur the other day for my first time in awhile... yeah um. I'm all for the Indy retheme now lmaooooo. It's not a bad ride but my god it's so dark and bumpy it's not as fun as it should be. Definitely think the Indy retheme will be better than the ride we have right now.

I'm so with you on this. It used to be my favorite ride but now I can... barely make out anything. :lmao:

Reactions: saint.piss
Yeah, I was gonna' say, Kilimanjaro Safaris is my pick for the best ride in the park. And I feel it's without a doubt the quintessential ride of Animal Kingdom.
It's definitely the thesis ride of the park. It's why I'm so opposed to the idea of them taking away elements like the Wild Dog section to build a Lion King boat ride or whatever the current rumors are. Walt Disney World of all places can build the boat ride and retain the scope of one of the most impressive themed attractions ever built. You don't get to weasel out of the obligation because you got kinda bored and tired of paying for the upkeep on the Orlando Savannah you built 20 years ago, Disney!!

But uhhhh anyways, Dinosaurs! I like 'em and I'll miss 'em.