Tropical Americas w/ Encanto & Indiana Jones to replace DinoLand? | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Tropical Americas w/ Encanto & Indiana Jones to replace DinoLand?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Build a 5th gate and add what to it? Unless they can come up with a totally different park concept than what they already have, it's no point for a 5th gate when you can barely get and keep people in your current gates. Families already have to pick and choose which parks to include in their vacation right now adding a 5th one in the mix will not be good in the budget conscious times we are in right now.

That's what I sam saying. Adding to it is not that much of a positive either as the people are going to come anyway. YOu can only put soo much icing on a cake. ADD to the other parks, not overlay or reimagine, add.
If you add to the other parks please explain to me the harm of also adding to MK?

This may be an unpopular opinion but honestly I wouldn’t mind if they stopped adding to AK completely and just left it alone. Even DHS seems like it’s capped at the number of attractions you can add.

Just go ahead and build that 5th gate and I would be satisfied.
There’s plenty of space at DHS. Aside from existing plots within the park, the Cast member parking lot is a huge amount of expansion space. A garage can always be built for them if needed.

Insane that they are adding to MK, which has over 30 rides, and not using those new attractions to flesh out AK and DHS.
Magic Kingdom has 30 rides? Am I missing some here?
  1. Magic Kingdom Railroad
  2. Jungle Cruise
  3. Pirates of the Caribbean
  4. Aladdin spinner
  5. Tianna's Bayou Adventure
  6. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  7. Rivers of America
  8. Haunted Mansion
  9. It's a Small World
  10. Peter Pans Flight
  11. Carousel
  12. Little Mermaid
  13. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  14. Winnie the Pooh
  15. Dumbo
  16. Barnstormer
  17. Tron
  18. Space Mountain
  19. Peoplemover
  20. Buzz Lightyear
  21. That spinning ride above the Peoplemover
I think that's it. Three of those are transport rides and four of them are flat rides. That's 14 substantial attractions. The park definitely needs more.

2. Jungle Cruise
  4. Aladdin spinner
  7. Rivers of America
  8. Haunted Mansion
  9. It's a Small World
  10. Peter Pans Flight
  11. Carousel
  12. Little Mermaid
  14. Winnie the Pooh
  15. Dumbo
  16. Barnstormer
  17. Tron
  18. Space Mountain
  19. Peoplemover
  20. Buzz Lightyear
I think that's it. Three of those are transport rides and four of them are flat rides. That's 14 substantial attractions. The park definitely needs more.
Think he's counting shows like Tiki Room and Carousel as well.

2. Jungle Cruise
  4. Aladdin spinner
  7. Rivers of America
  8. Haunted Mansion
  9. It's a Small World
  10. Peter Pans Flight
  11. Carousel
  12. Little Mermaid
  14. Winnie the Pooh
  15. Dumbo
  16. Barnstormer
  17. Tron
  18. Space Mountain
  19. Peoplemover
  20. Buzz Lightyear
Missed Tiki Room, Treehouse (walk through but still an attraction), Hall of Presidents etc. There's over 30 attractions. When I worked there we never used the term "rides" - it elways attractions or adventures.

Reactions: Legacy and Jake S
Probably, but the point still stands. 14 big attractions is nowhere near enough for the most popular theme park on the planet.
Maybe we're getting stuck on the number of attractions. I'd still say utilization and density of attractions is probably still better at Disneyland (granted Disneyland has the tradeoff where small areas like Fantasyland absorb significant capacity, but people need to enter and egress through tight footpaths to access it).

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Wow, didn't expect this amount of pedanticism on here! That's what Magic is for! :grinning::cheers: :grinning: :cheers:

Wasn't really trying to write a thesis there, but yes, "over 30" was incorrect.

Still, if that is what gets you off, I guess, I'll throw my hat in.

I count 26 rides at MK (appendix A).

Meanwhile DHS has 10 (appendix B).

AK has 9 (appendix C).

The point still stands. The way to alleviate overcrowding at MK is not to put new rides in MK but, instead, to even out the four parks.

Thesis (more like soapbox?) over.
:bows:
:exit stage left:

Appendix A:
Pirates
Jungle Cruise
Aladdin
Splash*
BTTMRR
Haunted Mansion
Tea Cups
Speedway
Barnstormer
Tron
Space Mountain
Buzz
Caurosal of Progress
MILF
Stitch*
Peter Pan
7 Dwarves
Pooh
Swiss Family Robinson
Dumbo
IASW
Carrousel
Under The Sea
LS Riverboat
Astro Orbiter
PeopleMover

Appendix B:
Star Tours
MuppetVision
Millennium Falcon Stupid Run
RISE!
Toy Story Mania
Slinky Dog Dash
ASS
Tower of Terror
RNRCoaster
Lightning McQueen Academy*

Appendix C:
FOP
Navi River
Safari
Rafiki Train
Everest
Kali
Dinosaur
Dino spinner
Dino Mouse Coaster*

**Yes, I know, there are lots of shows and stuff, but those C tickets do not amount to rounding out a park. And CBJ is your favorite. I get it, I really do. But don't, just don't.

:grinning::cheers::grinning::cheers::grinning:

Wow, didn't expect this amount of pedanticism on here! That's what Magic is for! :grinning::cheers: :grinning: :cheers:

AK has 9 (appendix C).

The point still stands. The way to alleviate overcrowding at MK is not to put new rides in MK but, instead, to even out the four parks.

Appendix A:
Pirates
Jungle Cruise
Aladdin
Splash*
BTTMRR
Haunted Mansion
Tea Cups
Speedway
Barnstormer
Tron
Space Mountain
Buzz
Caurosal of Progress
MILF
Stitch*
Peter Pan
7 Dwarves
Pooh
Swiss Family Robinson
Dumbo
IASW
Carrousel
Under The Sea
LS Riverboat
Astro Orbiter
PeopleMover

Appendix B:
Star Tours
MuppetVision
RISE!
Toy Story Mania
Slinky Dog Dash
ASS
Tower of Terror
RNRCoaster

Appendix C:
FOP
Navi River
Safari
Rafiki Train
Everest
Kali
Dinosaur
Dino spinner
Dino Mouse Coaster*

**Yes, I know, there are lots of shows and stuff, but those C tickets do not amount to rounding out a park. And CBJ is your favorite. I get it, I really do. But don't, just don't.

im-confused.gif

Reactions: Michael S

AK has 9 (appendix C).

Appendix A:
Pirates
Jungle Cruise
Aladdin
Splash*
BTTMRR
Haunted Mansion
Tea Cups
Speedway
Barnstormer
Tron
Space Mountain
Buzz
Caurosal of Progress
MILF
Stitch*
Peter Pan
7 Dwarves
Pooh
Swiss Family Robinson
Dumbo
IASW
Carrousel
Under The Sea
LS Riverboat
Astro Orbiter
PeopleMover

Appendix B:
Star Tours
MuppetVision
RISE!
Toy Story Mania
Slinky Dog Dash
ASS
Tower of Terror
RNRCoaster

Appendix C:
FOP
Navi River
Safari
Rafiki Train
Everest
Kali
Dinosaur
Dino spinner
Dino Mouse Coaster*

Most people are going to visit MK over the other three parks regardless… how would expanding the other gates and not adding to MK alleviate crowds that will always be at the main gate? This argument makes no sense to me. Yes they all need additions, that’s obvious. But MK could really spread out the crowds that will always be coming thru the turnstyles with more offerings.

MK will always be "the" park in Orlando no matter what happens at the other 7 (including EU) other theme parks in Orlando... so it needs investment as well. More people drawn to the other 3 WDW parks will show up at MK. Nobody is skipping MK in favor of the other 3 WDW parks on a trip.

MK has been struggling with attraction downtime lately (Big Thunder/Space) are having serious issues, and they need new attractions to allow for those to get refurbished properly.

When Epic Universe opens, Disney will need to give a reason for people to visit one of the 3 non-MK Parks. That castle shot from Main Street "is" Orlando, no matter what else happens in Orlando.

Just a tought experiment:
What if Epcot or AK or DHS was your loccal park, it was there all by itself, would you spent the price of a current day ticket to visit it? If yes would you go each year, often or less?

Reactions: SeventyOne
What if Epcot or AK or DHS was your loccal park, it was there all by itself, would you spent the price of a current day ticket to visit it? If yes would you go each year, often or less?
EPCOT and Animal Kingdom, yes. I'd probably hit EPCOT once a year for one of the festivals — Animal Kingdom would probably be more an every-other-year situation. Though if either of the parks were in SoCal and included as part of a season pass I'd be much more likely to buy one than I am now.

DAK is my favorite park, and yet I flinch every time I walk past the ticket booths displaying $149+ for a 1-day ticket.

Especially when the park becomes a deserted ghost town past 4/5PM.

I get the game is to "trap" people into multi-day tickets, but at some point they've got to realize they're hurting themselves in the long run.

With that said, it wouldn't surprise me if DAK starts offering an After 2/3PM discounted ticket next year (or in the summer) when temperatures becomes unbearable.

DAK is my favorite park, and yet I flinch every time I walk past the ticket booths displaying $149+ for a 1-day ticket.

Especially when the park becomes a deserted ghost town past 4/5PM.

I get the game is to "trap" people into multi-day tickets, but at some point they've got to realize they're hurting themselves in the long run.

With that said, it wouldn't surprise me if DAK starts offering an After 2/3PM discounted ticket next year (or in the summer) when temperatures becomes unbearable.
AK is the opposite of the old 'get there early' theme park maxim. It's crowded early, but if you stay after 4:00 PM the ride lines are the shortest of the day.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX