Triplets of Terror (HHN 33) | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Triplets of Terror (HHN 33)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
In my head, I picture a beautiful gated community that's been absolutely massacred.

Maybe I'm crazy, but that sounds cool as hell
Yeah I'm gonna go out on a limb and bet this is gonna be the Open Floor Plan style house of the year, the way Blood Moon and Dead Man's Pier have been. I imagine we'll be snaking through a bunch of small buildings each with some kind of gorey tableau among all the decorations.

And here is where it gets interesting: the casts of Catacombs and Havoc were very close in 2010. We shared break space and our schedules aligned so we interacted a lot.

Both casts walked in knowing the fans did not care about our houses. Hades and Legendary Truth were getting ALL the hype heading into the event, both our cast took that personally. So, we made a pact, we would do whatever we could to get HOTY in a sprung.

The cast ALWAYS makes the house.

Fully agreed, another great example was the cast of 2017's Horrors of Blumhouse. They absolutely knew the house was getting dogged on upon release, and they were dead set on making folks eat crow. It's the only house I know which caused the cameraman filming a POV to scream and drop a curse that had to be bleeped, I've never seen that before! (It was the Attractions Magazine one.)

And most recently, both Bloodmoon and Exorcist: Believer were no slouches, either. Especially E:B's!

If this takes place in a nice, suburban neighborhood (Home for the Holidays, Krampus, etc.), I love the idea.

If this takes place in a hillbilly town, I find it kind of boring and generic.

Really hoping it's the former.
i feel the exact opposite, i wish this house was more like Wrong Turn or something. like the town in the hills have eyes remake
i wanted dirty, gritty, run down... i hoped it wasnt a nice neighborhood lol
when i saw the first announcement i was hoping for an old run down town..... it sounds like this house is going to be a nice neighborhood, so im a little disappointed, but i hope its made dirty by the triplets, i hope we get a lot of outdoor scenes like bloodmoon

Man, I know I keep bringing it up, but it's still practically every take I've seen from everywhere since yesterday so I feel like it's okay to comment on it. I think people are dunking on this house way too hard, way prematurely. There have been so few stinker houses at recent HHN in my opinion that to be purposefully uncharitable regarding the few details we know or to immediately write this off as the worst thing ever because of a poor blurb and thumbnail, and the idea that it isn't Fear or The Director or something just seems silly to me.

We've had recent houses with way higher concepts to get across than kids recreating their parents' kills (Decendants of Destruction, The Darkest Deal). Some wonderful houses from HHN's history have been slashers (Halloween: Hell Comes to Haddonfield, The Black Phone, Leave it to Cleaver). Solid execution can turn a silly or simple idea into a banger house. (Legacy's examples of Catacombs and Screamhouse from above, Graveyard Games, Blood Moon: Dark Offering).

It's just so incredibly weird how hyped and excited the community had been through the whole week, practically begging for Friday's announcement the night before; only for one reveal to leave this much of a stink. I think an original slasher house, especially one working with new named characters, could give the HHN team the chance to build up something truly special or interesting that they couldn't pull off with the IP restrictions that The Strangers, TCM, or Halloween would entail. The team has a chance to create another Meety Meats or Dogs of War here.

I don't wanna build it up too much, but I resolutely refuse to write this house off as "last minute knock-off IP replacement house" when we have no reason to believe that's the case other than the fanbase wanting FNaF or NoES or an Icon instead and creating rationalizations to deal with that. We'll see how it goes in August, but after seeing how Blood Moon turned out which I was pretty down on originally too, I'll give the HHN team room to cook with this one.

One of the reasons I'm so excited for this house? It's giving major Psychoscareapy vibes, specifically Home for the Holidays. For those who don't know, it was a house in 2007 that had a very similar concept: Slashers (in that case escaped asylum convicts) going through a beautiful suburban neighborhood during the holidays.

Everything I've read has said it was a fantastic house, and I've seen it still make the top 20 of all time in many HHN vet rankings. This concept has been done before to great success!

And considering Legacy implied on the Discord that this will not only be our DMP/Blood Moon-type house (beautiful and more open sets), but also extremely bloody and gory, plus the potential behind three original slashers being introduced in HHN? As mentioned before, this could easily become a new Bloodengutz/Cleaver. The fact that so many people are hating on the house (before we've even seen it!) because of the graphic alone, when HHN has been well known for never having the best graphic design, is absolutely insane.

TL;DR- Making the same point GA-AMBIT made, I think this house could very easily be our sleeper hit, and potentially even a GOAT based on history. Personally, this and Sinema 2 are almost tied for my most anticipated (Sinema 2 edges it out as the original is one of my all-time faves). In the words of the meme I'm sure we've all heard by now: Let Universal cook.

all i need for a house to be good, for me personally is to have cool detailed sets, awesome costumes (2 things that saved chupacabra from being bad ) and a good cast. i personally prefer when actors have masks instead of make up or bare faces, so the fact that the triplets use creepy masks, that already made me excited about them. they look cool.
if the town feels huge, thats also going to be awesome. im kind of excited to see this house. if its exactly like Krampus with outdoor scenes then it is going to be awesome. (if its mostly indoors, its gonna suck lol)

I think this house has the potential to be a true sleeper hit. Like the biggest sleeper hit we’ve seen in years. The descriptions are just so vague and the possibilities are so broad that I feel like this house is going to have some sort of “wow” factor that no one expects.

I could be wrong, but I kind of picture this as something akin to Halloween Kills, where there was that long, unbroken shot of Michael walking through various houses, doin' his thang, and continuing on.

I'm hoping for something like that, walking through a big, open suburban neighborhood instead of sequential scenes- I think a really good slasher house would be good either way, but this seems like the best way to do the Halloween franchise without having to adhere to everything Halloween is. Just suburbs, blood and carnage.

I think this house has the potential to be a true sleeper hit. Like the biggest sleeper hit we’ve seen in years. The descriptions are just so vague and the possibilities are so broad that I feel like this house is going to have some sort of “wow” factor that no one expects.

I could be wrong, but I kind of picture this as something akin to Halloween Kills, where there was that long, unbroken shot of Michael walking through various houses, doin' his thang, and continuing on.

I'm hoping for something like that, walking through a big, open suburban neighborhood instead of sequential scenes- I think a really good slasher house would be good either way, but this seems like the best way to do the Halloween franchise without having to adhere to everything Halloween is. Just suburbs, blood and carnage.
I agree. I get the same feeling. feels like everyone will love it.
reminds me of Dead By Daylight. the concept. some killers in dead by daylight are similar. ( the Legion)
I hope we get a huge neighborhood ( within hhn budget and size) like Halloween and krampus. a lot of front yard kills. garage kill, maybe a park or small town square. I guess like bloodmoon but more modern.bloodmoon already had so many amazing sets. would be nice to get the modern version of that.
this will be the Bloodmoon of 2024. I hope

Last edited: