Toy Story Land - General Discussion | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums

Toy Story Land - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Slinky Coaster takes up so much room they could have made it as thrilling in a more compact footprint. A lot of a Toy Story Playlands theming in Paris is repetition of the same items....they're going to have some massive walkways to fill out here, with nothing but string lights, lego etc

I'd like to hope they throw more imagination into this version. DLP is pathetic.

I'd like to hope they throw more imagination into this version. DLP is pathetic.

I've looked closer at the concept art and it really does seem more of the same. The initial art had a lot more going on, with characters around the track/paths...more landscaping. This looks like Paris, but on a much bigger footprint and with better rides.

I will be very disappointed in this thread if we don't spend at least 100 pages on exposed steel supports like we did on the VB thread. For all you people that said Disney would never...... please discuss.

I had a toy roller coaster with beams. It fits. Plus, there will be pieces coming out from the toy box.

TSLWDW35980746.jpg

Those numbers seem... off...
It's been reported by many people that that's what it would have cost... and that that's the new price. Obviously I don't have 100% certainty if it's exactly accurate, but this land's budget was out of control in the beginning.

It's been reported by many people that that's what it would have cost... and that that's the new price. Obviously I don't have 100% certainty if it's exactly accurate, but this land's budget was out of control bin the beginning.

Lasseter property... out of control.. sounds right.

Momentous occasion!

So after watching the video, I noticed that there are what looks to be little markers in the track at the bottom and they all look to be connected with wire somehow. Is this some sort of sensor? I have not seen that on other coaster tracks before.

So after watching the video, I noticed that there are what looks to be little markers in the track at the bottom and they all look to be connected with wire somehow. Is this some sort of sensor? I have not seen that on other coaster tracks before.
I'm thinking that is a lighting package, strobe or chaser effect to add to the kinetics of the ride, especially at night

Reactions: JoeCamel

Edit: Rewatched the video and see the little chain of blocks - i think you're right, it might be lighting. Nothing major i would think - just a sort of "internal" looking illumination for the track.