Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Tower of Terror Late Check-Out

Jan 28, 2013
(Not posting this in the GotG thread because this conversation is specific to this iteration of the ride)

Uh - has anyone been on this? I don't get it. I'm watching YouTube videos of it. The timing seems completely messed up. Sometimes doors open, sometimes they don't. The mirror effect doesn't work. There's also no audio in the drop shaft - why?

Is this really just an excuse for the Imagineers to tinker with the GotG effects while the ride is still in operation? Seems like it.

(Not posting this in the GotG thread because this conversation is specific to this iteration of the ride)

Uh - has anyone been on this? I don't get it. I'm watching YouTube videos of it. The timing seems completely messed up. Sometimes doors open, sometimes they don't. The mirror effect doesn't work. There's also no audio in the drop shaft - why?

Is this really just an excuse for the Imagineers to tinker with the GotG effects while the ride is still in operation? Seems like it.
That's actually what i've heard. The darkness is a marketing excuse for them to start work on the GOTG layover without guests noticing that there's bad show right in front of their faces.

Oh dear mickey mouse... just put it out of it's misery already!

OMG... this is actually what they are marketing as a new experience...? LOL! They simply turned almost every show effect off!

Not having audio in the drop shaft exposes this attraction for what it really is -- an moderately thrilling drop ride. It's the artistry of the effects that surround the physical ride that make (made) it one of the best attractions ever built.

I'm dumbfounded.

I never even heard of this. Poor DL TOT. Can't even let it leave with its dignity.

So, if I want to go and ride one of my favorite rides a last time... I have to do it without any of the effects, and with the lights entirely off? And this is being marketed as a good thing?

It'd be like if on the final week of Maelstrom running, they just turned off all the lights. Terrible.