Tokyo Disneyland Resort | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Tokyo Disneyland Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Has there been a change in OLC leadership recently? Between Marvel characters in Small World and this, it kind of does feel like ideas that Disney has pushed on them.

A 2026 opening also feels like a long time for what I'm assuming will be a screen-based overlay (I could be wrong).

I guess since Space Mountain is getting the re-do it makes sense to overhaul the rest of Tomorrowland. Now the question is if any other resort is getting this? If I'm not mistaken, I think every single one has a Buzz except HKDL now which became Ant-Man.

Reactions: saint.piss
I guess since Space Mountain is getting the re-do it makes sense to overhaul the rest of Tomorrowland. Now the question is if any other resort is getting this? If I'm not mistaken, I think every single one has a Buzz except HKDL now which became Ant-Man.
I'm betting it'll probably come to Shanghai a year or two afterwards. Not sure it'll ever come to the states. Maybe if they do another Wreck It Ralph movie it will but I doubt it

It seems like they finally cracked a Wreck-It Ralph Tomorrowland attraction? About 12 years too late but I'll still take it.

Orlando getting Wreck-It would legitimately be an improvement for that resort. They already have a much better Toy Story shooting gallery, and better versions of Astro Blasters exist elsewhere.

Orlando getting Wreck-It would legitimately be an improvement for that resort. They already have a much better Toy Story shooting gallery, and better versions of Astro Blasters exist elsewhere.
I'd be all in favor of Buzz going away from Magic Kingdom (given that Toy Story has an entire land in another park).

I'm not sold on Wreck-It Ralph being a great fit for Tomorrowland. Feels like a Hollywood Studios property to me.

Reactions: saint.piss
I'd be all in favor of Buzz going away from Magic Kingdom (given that Toy Story has an entire land in another park).

I'm not sold on Wreck-It Ralph being a great fit for Tomorrowland. Feels like a Hollywood Studios property to me.
I agree it does. It's a similar reason to why I'm not into the Carsland in Frontierland idea; Wreck-It Ralph and Cars both take place in the modern day and have really loose ties to the concepts of the Old Wild West and a Futuristic City of Tomorrow beyond some aesthetic similarities.

I have a little bias towards the Wreck-It concept though because I feel like WDW's Tomorrowland has already been Pixar'ified for a long time now. I think Monsters Inc. has pretty much nothing to do with Tomorrowland either, but it's fine and cute enough in that theatre space. I think if it meant we could finally get a Shooter ride that could hold a candle against TSM, MiB, or even Villain Con, I'd take Wreck-It Ralph in Magic's Tomorrowland. Hopefully they'd be able to expand that indoor queue line some more too.

A video of the Frozen ride in Fantasy Springs has surfaced

Also they're doing testing for the drones. Very impressive

DUDE.

I don't care about Frozen much but....holy crap. THIS is how you do a Frozen ride. Those AAs are on a whole other level. I can't believe I'm actually impressed with a Frozen ride.

If they do bring a Frozen ride to DLR, I HOPE this is what they would go for. The bar has been set. This just makes the other Frozen Ever Afters look so poor quality in comparison.

I... dunno. I think the animatronics work is stellar. But this footage leaves me (sorry, sorry) cold. It's too much of a hurried book report that's forced to rush to a conclusion at the end, just like Mermaid. Yes, the scope, effects, and figures are in another league, but there's a fundamental spark missing for me.

Reactions: OrlLover
As I fully expected, OLC demanded the best version of this attraction, and it's not even close. I think the scenes look to be staged in very interesting ways (the transition from one side of the door to the other, the climb up to the ice palace being an actual lift hill), and the quality of the work seems top-notch.

What's it gonna take for somebody (anybody!) to build a new ride like this in Orlando? I think basically all parks not called Magic Kingdom could use something on that level...

... but especially Universal Studios Florida...

It's too much of a hurried book report that's forced to rush to a conclusion at the end, just like Mermaid.
I don't love the book report approach generally, either, but in fairness, we don't actually see the end of the ride in that video.

I... dunno. I think the animatronics work is stellar. But this footage leaves me (sorry, sorry) cold. It's too much of a hurried book report that's forced to rush to a conclusion at the end, just like Mermaid. Yes, the scope, effects, and figures are in another league, but there's a fundamental spark missing for me.
That's understandable. Do you think it could be because the ride system makes the ride feel too "familiar"?

I feel the same of course it’s impressive in a lot of ways but also doesn’t feel that dissimilar to FEA.

Of course the fancy new tech and animatronics will always get the GP on your side.

Since the Epcot version was essentially an overlay I honestly don’t think it’s fair to compare the two.

Based on early POVs of the Frozen ride, the animatronics are certainly impressive, with some strong effects, unexpected mini drops, and multiple backward sections. However, I agree with others, it seems like there's something lacking in the overall experience.

Based on the videos, one complaint is the presence of dead spots within the large rooms, which can disrupt the ride flow. Additionally, the transitions between these large rooms can feel abrupt and disjointed. Another point of contention is the clarity of certain scenes, and how odd it feels to use the water ride system, like for the castle sequences.

These issues may be less noticeable when experienced in person, we'll see...