Tiana's Riverboat Party- New Upcharge | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Tiana's Riverboat Party- New Upcharge

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ehh.... just because they went to an incredible new low doesn't by proxy make this acceptable.

This is exactly the type of stuff Disney's been doing for years both here and in Anaheim. Previously wide open viewing spaces become for-charge viewing spaces, stupid dessert parties, etc. If this seems unDisney like to any of you, you don't know Disney.

This is exactly the type of stuff Disney's been doing for years both here and in Anaheim. Previously wide open viewing spaces become for-charge viewing spaces, stupid dessert parties, etc. If this seems unDisney like to any of you, you don't know Disney.
In Anaheim they've been doing it much less. The evidence of that is simply on Main Street and the fact that there's benches all over the place. Something us Orlando peasants apparently aren't good enough for.

Reactions: Cheezbat
Technically, the investment is finally happening in the parks. Someone asked me what new attractions to Universal parks vs Disney parks yesterday and I said Avatar land, Toy Story land, Avatar land.. vs Jimmy Fallon and Fast & the Furious. Disney's offerings sounded more robust.. even though we all know they're lightyears away. But you can definitely tell the tide is turning.

Well, you're listing projects over the next four years with Disney and two years with Universal. And don't forget Volcano Bay...

Technically, the investment is finally happening in the parks. Someone asked me what new attractions to Universal parks vs Disney parks yesterday and I said Avatar land, Toy Story land, Avatar land.. vs Jimmy Fallon and Fast & the Furious. Disney's offerings sounded more robust.. even though we all know they're lightyears away. But you can definitely tell the tide is turning.

If you really think about, Universal is really expanding/investing more rather than Disney where it's more of a remove an replace sort of thing. Universal has Fallon, F&F, Volcano, Hotels, Nintendo, SLOP, 3rd/4th Park, Wet n Wild plot. Disney has Star Wars, Toy Story, Avatar, GotG.

And something kind of interesting is that Disney really enjoys doing a one hit type of expansion where they spend 1 Bil within 5 years and then forget about that park for 10 years. Where Universal likes to expand their parks every year.

Well, you're listing projects over the next four years with Disney and two years with Universal. And don't forget Volcano Bay...

If you really think about, Universal is really expanding/investing more rather than Disney where it's more of a remove an replace sort of thing. Universal has Fallon, F&F, Volcano, Hotels, Nintendo, SLOP, 3rd/4th Park, Wet n Wild plot. Disney has Star Wars, Toy Story, Avatar, GotG.

And something kind of interesting is that Disney really enjoys doing a one hit type of expansion where they spend 1 Bil within 5 years and then forget about that park for 10 years. Where Universal likes to expand their parks every year.

Eh, the question was about what's coming to the parks. I didn't list Typhoon Lagoon's new expansion either. And I only really tell non-forum people about what's officially announced, not rumored to be coming.

We KNOW Avatar is coming with 2 rides, Toy Story Land with 2 rides, and Star Wars with 2 rides, barring any changes. We've officially only been told about Fallon and Furious for UO and there is no construction for anything else attraction-wise.

Actually, Fallon, F&F, Nintendo, SLOP, and Wet N Wild/Volcano Bay, are all remove and replace sort of things.

And George K. said...
giphy.gif

Reactions: Mad Dog
Tours, Special Events & Add-On Experiences | Walt Disney World Resort

TPI pointed out that Disney is taking all of these add-on charges and putting them under a single brand. Definitely a smart move on their part. Disney World sounds more and more like a cruise ship every day. Pay a set fee for the basic stuff and you have all kinds of upgrades (some cool, some not) if you want them.

Watched the head of this on the news today, Dottie something, and she was gushing how these were for the frequent visitor. Said there were over 90 current cash grabs available. Wish I could find the interview but I wasn't paying a lot of attention to it.

Last edited:
Watched the head of this on the news today, Dottie something, and she was gushing how these were for the frequent visitor. Said there were over 90 current cash grabs available. Wish I could find the interview but I wasn't paying a lot of attention to it.
Betcha the Ghost of Christmas Future :yikes:, dressed in black with his sickle & light saber, visits Iger, Chappie & Dottie on Christmas this year. :rant:

Reactions: JoeCamel
Betcha the Ghost of Christmas Future :yikes:, dressed in black with his sickle & light saber, visits Iger, Chappie & Dottie on Christmas this year. :rant:

Bet Iger gets out smelling like a rose to the stockholders. Parents of 4 has a great analysis of the company performance over the last year over on Magic

Reactions: Mad Dog