The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood | Page 276 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hollywood

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Am I the only one who thinks the new wands are a little... lackluster? Some of them are nice but I think a lot of them are kind of gaudy and don't look great. We also definitely got shafted on the USH-unique wand. The Walnut with Dragon Heartstring wand looks terrible compared to the others.
They don’t have as much character as the last ones, but it’s a nice change. It is crazy that they are discontinuing the other ones tho.

The frozen fountain has seen better days..

Also, the Forbidden Journey queue was littered with trash at 9 in the morning today. Has staffing been an issue at USH recently? Was a bit sad to see.

IMG_6124 Large.jpeg

The frozen fountain has seen better days..

Also, the Forbidden Journey queue was littered with trash at 9 in the morning today. Has staffing been an issue at USH recently? Was a bit sad to see.

View attachment 18244
Yeesh, I was just there the other day and I didn't even notice. That almost looks like they started to replace it and then just gave up halfway through.

As far as staffing goes, I wouldn't be surprised if SNW siphoned a bunch of team members away from various places around the park. USH tends to do their hiring ahead of peak seasons, so they may not have done enough hiring for the Christmas season to account for that.

Flight of the Hippogryph was down for a few weeks. It’s open now and appears the added an anti rollback system on the lift hill. I am almost 100 % the didn’t have it before as the coaster was probably designed to lock the drive wheels. Not sure if this was just as a backup or required. Anyway you can now hear the distinctive click clack sound on some of the trains. It is actually annoying to hear it while in the WW.

I doubt it but hope the ride has some little pluses to the ride we can’t see yet

last year at HHN the music for the Q was spooky and different then normal world love if they added some new lightening for summer at nighttime/HHN

honestly with some projection mapping and music at night time the ride could be really A better experience then what it is now but this is just wishful thinking’s

Flight of the Hippogryph was down for a few weeks. It’s open now and appears the added an anti rollback system on the lift hill. I am almost 100 % the didn’t have it before as the coaster was probably designed to lock the drive wheels. Not sure if this was just as a backup or required. Anyway you can now hear the distinctive click clack sound on some of the trains. It is actually annoying to hear it while in the WW.
There was a rollback incident during eve. Didn’t seem serious, but maybe that’s why it was added.

Since I got to the park early in Monday, I got to try the real fast at Three Broomsticks for the first time. I got the American breakfast and one of my friends got the pancake breakfast. It’s not terrible but it isn’t great either. It’s okay.

I will say the eggs and sausage are a little better than expected. Everything was was serviceable at best. I tried a bite of the pancakes and they tasted like they were on par with McDonald’s pancakes but even then I think McD’s pancakes are a little better. The one nice thing about the breakfast meal that they come with a small coffee or juice, so that’s nice.

So yeah, don’t know if anyone has had the breakfast and Three Broomsricks before, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to eat there for breakfast again. You’d be much better off going to Denny’s. But if you really want to get to the park early, you at least have the option. It’s not amazing, but it’s fine. I would put it just below Denny’s but just above McD’s deluxe breakfast. Portion and price seems fair for theme park standards. If you have to eat there, I would go for either the fruit plate or the American breakfast. Pancakes aren’t worth those extra carbs and sugar lol

I often take the pathway behind Hogsmeade and always notice the unused Forbidden Forest queue. It's beautiful theming indeed and its more depth in front of Hogwarts. Fortunately I have seen youtube videos of it, and it looks as if you can enter and take pictures of the Flying Ford Anglia. I can only assume it was fully utilized for the initial days the ride was open?

But my question is, what would you rather have in its place...if you could. I understand every single space of the theme park will not be utilized for something, but I feel an unused queue can be of use? And please correct me if I am wrong if it does tend to be used during peak seasons. I've been to the park on weekends and veterans day holiday at its most crowded for me.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    533.9 KB · Views: 15
I often take the pathway behind Hogsmeade and always notice the unused Forbidden Forest queue. It's beautiful theming indeed and its more depth in front of Hogwarts. Fortunately I have seen youtube videos of it, and it looks as if you can enter and take pictures of the Flying Ford Anglia. I can only assume it was fully utilized for the initial days the ride was open?

But my question is, what would you rather have in its place...if you could. I understand every single space of the theme park will not be utilized for something, but I feel an unused queue can be of use? And please correct me if I am wrong if it does tend to be used during peak seasons. I've been to the park on weekends and veterans day holiday at its most crowded for me.
That’s the rides extended line, it’s open during peak. It will definitely be used this season. It’s getting packed!

Reactions: Skai

You must not go during spring break, Summer, 4th of July weekend, and Christmas time
Its used during the busy season...just like one day not all the MK Q will be used every day but will be needed on peak days

Reactions: Skai
You must not go during spring break, Summer, 4th of July weekend, and Christmas time
Its used during the busy season...just like one day not all the MK Q will be used every day but will be needed on peak days

Great to know, thank you so much, you have answered my curiosity! But omg, it's pretty crazy that the queue can extend that far to this day. How naïve of me :lol:. I mean, I do purposely go on less crowded days so I would never ever go there during those peaks. That's insane though, as the queue on it's own from the entrance gates alone is pretty long. I usually reach the greenhouse and if I am not going single rider - guess that's an average day. Here I am thinking, oh, they should but new buildings or rest areas :_:

Really, when it's those peak days, that outdoor extended queue is really more for people getting lockers. That's a huge part of the back up.
Depends on the CM as well, because I've been told no to both single rider/going in with no bags and them telling me to wait in the outside Q....if that happens I normally walk away

Depends on the CM as well, because I've been told no to both single rider/going in with no bags and them telling me to wait in the outside Q....if that happens I normally walk away
Makes sense for everyone to be on equal queue times regardless if you have a bag or not. I never carry a bag in the parks but people shouldn’t be penalized because they do have one.

Makes sense for everyone to be on equal queue times regardless if you have a bag or not. I never carry a bag in the parks but people shouldn’t be penalized because they do have one.
For the normal wait....maybe but Single rider?

Its how things are, it would be like trying to punish none bag people at security. If you travel lite you dont have snacks/drinks with you but the trade off is you are faster

Reactions: Mad Dog
For the normal wait....maybe but Single rider?

Its how things are, it would be like trying to punish none bag people at security. If you travel lite you dont have snacks/drinks with you but the trade off is you are faster
Single rider shouldn’t have to wait I agree, but then there’s the honesty issue. Once the TMs at the statue let you through there’s no way to assure you’re actually going to head up single rider.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Single rider shouldn’t have to wait I agree, but then there’s the honesty issue. Once the TMs at the statue let you through there’s no way to assure you’re actually going to head up single rider.
At least to me, CM's shouldn't be trying to guess if your trying to do something bad but take you at your word in this case. If its a huge group then I get it, but one person or two most likely they want single rider. Not everyone wants to wait in a 40 min line when you can walk on single rider

Reactions: Ron101
At least to me, CM's shouldn't be trying to guess if your trying to do something bad but take you at your word in this case. If its a huge group then I get it, but one person or two most likely they want single rider. Not everyone wants to wait in a 40 min line when you can walk on single rider

You can always just walk through the gift shop. No one is actually checking.