The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2 | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Hogsmeade (Orlando): Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thanks Teebin I know a bit wordy but wanted to explain in detail to hopefully stop anyone else from thinking (as long as the roofs & other small things are done) that it wouldn't be possible or logical to open ASAP.

Thanks Teebin I know a bit wordy but wanted to explain in detail to hopefully stop anyone else from thinking (as long as the roofs & other small things are done) that it wouldn't be possible or logical to open ASAP.

I think it is possible & logical especially with the math you have given. And more to the point I definitely hope it does go into soft opening soon, so all of you lucky people living in the area will get to go.

To be honest, I woke up early, saw the news, got mad, and when back to bed.
Am I missing something, or is the only thing we learned today the date?

One of the questions I was thinking about today that I would love to ask Mark Woodbury is whether the story/scenes they wanted to depict drove the choice to use the Kuka ride system or vice versa? In general, I think the former is true for theme park attraction design. You decide the story you want to tell and then identify and/or design the technology to tell it. However, the Kuka ride system is so unique and offers so many options that I think the technology drove the story in this case, at least to some degree. Of course, as the press release stated, they had to develop additional technology (such as the film screens) to fully achieve the desired result.

well to me it looks like if the snake is going to be in there. the chess set will be there. It is a very iconic part in harry potter.

Yea, most likely it will. The only reason I said that the Basilisk will and that chess is just a possibility is because of this old pic. If I remember correctly, Jmaff reposted this. I don't know who took the original, but props to whoever did.

SnakeheadsFJ.jpg

I think it is possible & logical especially with the math you have given. And more to the point I definitely hope it does go into soft opening soon, so all of you lucky people living in the area will get to go.

Well as much as I am excited to get in there for those who want to be a bit spoiled (pics of inside shops ect.) or even a lot I'm excited I get to share a bunch of pics with anyone who wants to see them. As much as I will want to look around you can sure as heck bet I will take a good amount of pics right away to share with those who want to see them which is just as exciting for me. (may sound corny but its true)

Well as much as I am excited to get in there for those who want to be a bit spoiled (pics of inside shops ect.) or even a lot I'm excited I get to share a bunch of pics with anyone who wants to see them. As much as I will want to look around you can sure as heck bet I will take a good amount of pics right away to share with those who want to see them which is just as exciting for me. (may sound corny but its true)

That makes me even more excited because I want to see every detail I can. I am way to excited to wait until I actually go there myself, so I want to see all of the pics I possibly can. I want to soak in as much detail as possible. THANKS SO MUCH!

I really don't want to do this, but I've been having an extremely hectic day and have not been home since 6 AM this morning.I have skimmed through all 9 pages of this new thread (including the very descriptive first post) as well as most of the posts I missed on the original thread.

I have answered this same question for many others and hope someone doesn't mind returning the favor for me, but what have I missed today?

I have seen the Jacksonville news video, I read all of the queue descriptions, I know the opening date and I have seen all of the queue pictures. Is there anything else I have missed?

I'll be extremely grateful to anyone and everyone who assists me.

Last edited:
I really don't want to do this, but I've been having an extremely hectic day and have not been home since 6 AM this morning. I have skimmed through all 9 pages of this new thread as well as most of the posts I missed on the original thread. I have answered this same question for many others and hope someone doesn't mind returning the favor for me, but what have I missed today. I have seen the Jacksonville news video, I read all of the queue descriptions, I know the opening date and I have seen all of the queue pictures. Is there anything else I have missed? I'll be extremely grateful to anyone and everyone who assists me.

sounds like you got it all

Reactions: Tbad556
Does anyone know if the snowman seen in the Flying Tour was or will be added to the area near the JP entrance?

I personally haven't seen a pic of it yet but would imagine if its still being put in it will be put in soon around the same time as the snow where those bars are under the shop windows.

I personally haven't seen a pic of it yet but would imagine if its still being put in it will be put in soon around the same time as the snow where those bars are under the shop windows.

I hope because it will allow for a smoother transition from the spring/summer feel of the Hogwarts grounds to the snowy winter of Hogsmeade. When you see a snowman, you know it's winter! :lol:

I might be able to shed some light on this whole grand opening/press event thing...a while back when I was on the Disney college program I worked at the Rock n Roller Coaster, and I worked the big press event for the Lights, Motors, Action stunt show. They shut down the park a little early, and the park was open after for press and celebrities (major rides if I remember correctly...it was us and tower and they ran a couple of LMA shows)...it was really fun to work...got to meet lots of celebrities, and also got to see the fireworks presentation afterwords since I wasn't on to close hehe :) but I would expect them to open the park up at night for the press/celebrities. Not sure...just thought I'd throw that in :)

FINALLY!!!! All caught up in here :happy:

I agree with those who say/think:

*Uni will not announce soft openings and they will do their best effort to keep the soft openings secret. Imagine when soft starts and the IDIOTS in the media say: "The Wizarding Wolrd is NOW OPEN!" and the gullible people take it to be true and mayhem ensues... Uni will have to make huge posts online and have press releases just to explain they are in an experimental/trial run period and they cannot guarantee everything will be open at all times... and still there will be those few who don't understand this and will still go and comlain it was said to be open but was not really open. It will be a mess...

*The Grand Opening date is June 18th because it's the date where all/most stars and important people are available to attend.

So I agree with people who say/think those things^

Now let me add that I am really nervous and anxious to know how the hell and most importantly where the hell Uni will corral the MASSES of people that will come to the grand opening. People travel to foreign countries just to attend HP premieres, this will be HUGE and I don't see a big enough space ANYWHERE in the WWoHP for a red carpet set up... Anyone got any ideas?