The Tonight Show coming to Universal Orlando | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

The Tonight Show coming to Universal Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So, Disney isn't afraid of UNI taking business away, right? Just in from a kind friend in Burbank, but look at Fallon's set now and look at clips of it from Monday. You'll notice some significant changes that were the result of TWDC threatening via Zenia and legal to go to the government and file a complaint because of what was perceived by Disney as constant advertising for free (even if they are the same company, no money was exchanged, no ad time bought). So suddenly the UNI globe disappeared and the UNI arch was made tougher to make out/blurred and Fallon was moved into a blocking position in front of it.

Yes, Disney is that petty. Really. Mindblowingly petty. ...

Exact quote he used...

That does make more sense in what they are trying to say though, in that they didn't pay for the ad time. I know Disney pays ABC or Travel channel for their ad time when they do specials.

Yes it is a petty thing, but I see what they were getting at.

This is what happens when Disney gets bored...

I would simply suggest to build a 200 million dollar land to cure them of their apparent free time.

I just got a chance to watch them and I must say it was very well done. The beginning credits were tastefully done, where it showed off the park but it felt natural for Tonight Show. As well as the prefilmed shorts which worked well, they did not need to try and make it work. The attendance of these shows how much the area wants production, and I hope the Florida property is used more in the future. Like how Rockefeller Center is the hub in NY and Universal City in CA, this should be the hub for Florida. It would be great if we got a 5-Star boutique hotel on property to help entice A-listers to want to come to the area.

I noticed the Globe in the first episode, the placement was quite distracting. If Disney did have a problem with it I think Universal could have gotten away with it, possibly just did not consider it worth it. As the Globe does not represent merely the park, it encompasses a family of separate corporations one of which produces The Tonight Show (Universal Television). But if anyone has more info on this rumor it would be much appreciated.

And I must say J Fal. is the man!

What probably happened is the Tonight Show wasn't compensated for their advertising of UOR. Even with Disney specials, the two departments will buy ad space/time for shows and commercials, not a simple hand off. Universal probably didn't want to rock the boat and complied, knowing that part of the show will have the least impact on their message. /speculation