The State of Epcot | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

The State of Epcot

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
can't wait for the day they'll finally shut down TL Speedway for good, such a waste of land and it blocks that expansion area (woods) just north of SM building
Power run wasn't even supposed to use the land you describe. It was supposed to be the CM parking lot next to buzz (where the old stage used to be).

until the budget guys came along and gave it the axe...
Now where have I heard that before? Here is WDW budget guys favorite button:
prankstar_nobutton_product.png

can't wait for the day they'll finally shut down TL Speedway for good, such a waste of land and it blocks that expansion area (woods) just north of SM building
Not to mention Fun Spot does a much better job of go-karts just outside Disney for 1/3 the price of admission :lol:

They'd be better off bulldozing the Speedway and add Peter Pan/Alice mini-lands on the Speedway plot while putting Discovery Bay /Discoveryland behind Space Mountain.

It would be a much better use of the space and might actually appeal to adults.

Reactions: Ultranel
At least Mission: Space is a relevant and entertaining EPCOT-style attraction...Energy has been turned into a joke. If we lose Mission: Space, I think I'm just about done with the park.

Sorry for the pessimism...

There are still many more things to do in this park than AK and DHS.

Yeah whenever I plan on going to Disney, I manage to do HS and AK in the same day and if I don't do Fantasmic I end up having time to spare. Epcot is a park that I at least spend more time in. Maybe it's all the different lands, or the size, but I could spend a while at Epcot and be satisfied. The rides aren't that thrilling, I mean Mission Space is kinda, but that's more nauseating than thrilling imo. One thing though, it's a good park to relax and calm down at. That's why i enjoy going.

Reactions: Galaxy Defender
Mission Space receives a "The Martian" overlay. Now, guests will be able to save Matt Damon every time they visit Epcot.
Wonders of Life receives an "Inside Out" overlay. Now, guests will be able to have more happy memory orbs.
The Seas receives a "SpongeBob" overlay. Now, guests will be able to ask themselves "Is mayonnaise an instrument?"
Mexico receives a "Sicario" overlay. Now, guests will be able to see the drug war firsthand.
England receives an "American Werewolf in London" overlay. Now, guests don't need HHN.

Reactions: Joel
Yeah, he used to cup his hand to his ear as he was announcing on R&W Laugh In. He had a great voice, but wasn't actually very funny. I just saw him on a old Love Boat rerun doing his hand cupped to the ear routine.

Jim Hill rumor vomit:

-Inside Out will take over the entire Imagination pavilion

(wait for it)

-Dreamfinder and Figment will move to the Magic Kingdom and go in Tomorrowland for a new attraction based on the Marvel comic book series (the characters are licensed Disney, so it doesn't count in the Uni contract)

Ready, set, debunk!

Jim Hill rumor vomit:

(wait for it)

-Dreamfinder and Figment will move to the Magic Kingdom and go in Tomorrowland for a new attraction based on the Marvel comic book series (the characters are licensed Disney, so it doesn't count in the Uni contract)

Ready, set, debunk!

J5on9sAqeh7x8UkAg4ChQRHP-ZSsaFYwOs8fodXwFwhAR0uW_pPZh5rY-aNyJlH1rkvIMh0O95FxxZapJFoHdwemLLitF3tzhdGYUKGBxKMWJ39FPfgaXeAFaQcqLOS70mQqMQ01wOc2GQ9eMf-2p2fp6EbvULBgTKaHnHYhuSwNxD-guB5y3Xh-b4KSuNunoudaKBbTYOnabooHE9lGDWtL-aDLWNIyG1eoii2FGCieYbkloXk4LUVM8s8lZQz4U1_MnSm2J-2oxHMBtXW0YY2uMPEaJqyFQ0MP48T8aQIoBiUHkqJ_pA0-KzdsELrMGWdbibg5FrO3duP1ymvKVfTIBVmjXJg6UQBrWUTnB7LwaEsnr7Dzg5HfqUseDWWjh4DfsPwJDZ6Q4xodPFp4ReA8oVl5_JPSbYl4N7UXc2l0JYGF2VbTo_Lg3zTe5dLaHYatlxPju4KFFLw0BSm8QWSW97LypJ9v0rKk20rkk8IEG_baynHxfScedlvHQK5UfppJ8A5PzYlZQQfE7FzAG_ZjqQRDjf32h0VN23GSL_Z4nOj2ciJe-xzQtEG4u9pSvj43m885YntSDGRT1JcFTwMWc10cWoQ=w800-h528-no

Jim Hill rumor vomit:

(wait for it)

Ready, set, debunk!
The creators of Inside Out made a detailed pitch to Disney about putting it in the Imagination Pavilion. If rumors of a major refurbished of EPCOT are true then this project makes perfect sense.

Figment to MK is a new one to me.

Reactions: Ryan
The IO Imagination pavilion rumor isn't a shock and I'm onboard with it.

The Figment in MK one made my jaw drop.
There is a lot of potential to the Figment character so if he's moving over to Magic Kingdom I am all for it. After all, he is a really fun character that appeals to all ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.