The Old KidZone Thread | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old KidZone Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well changing Fievel to Spongebob looks logical, and I can see the garden villas area get rethemed to a brand new E.T. queue, which means lots of changes with entering the show building. After that, I like retheming Animal Actors to 90's Nick Game Shows. It can be an outdoor Nick Studios! I like the Krusty Krab as well, even though Richter's isn't bad, and hopefully it will be an improvement from the pizza stand. I heard the pizza tasted like cardboard. And then they should demolish Barney, and create a walkway to a brand new area where the empty backstage area is.

However....... I heard rumors that Universal could get DC comics, and if that's the case they should also inquire about the Looney Tunes. And if Universal can get the Looney Tunes, THEN they can retheme the entire area to Looney Tunes, and create the Road Runner, Wile E. Coyote roller coaster that was once mentioned in the original IOA plans.

Well changing Fievel to Spongebob looks logical, and I can see the garden villas area get rethemed to a brand new E.T. queue, which means lots of changes with entering the show building. After that, I like retheming Animal Actors to 90's Nick Game Shows. It can be an outdoor Nick Studios! I like the Krusty Krab as well, even though Richter's isn't bad, and hopefully it will be an improvement from the pizza stand. I heard the pizza tasted like cardboard. And then they should demolish Barney, and create a walkway to a brand new area where the empty backstage area is.

However....... I heard rumors that Universal could get DC comics, and if that's the case they should also inquire about the Looney Tunes. And if Universal can get the Looney Tunes, THEN they can retheme the entire area to Looney Tunes, and create the Road Runner, Wile E. Coyote roller coaster that was once mentioned in the original IOA plans.

Cartoon World, the original second gate proposed for Universal Studios, was comprised of Gotham City, Metropolis, Looney Tunes, and Seuss. Unfortunately, Six Flags has a firm grasp on the Warner Bros. characters. Now, IMO, Six Flags practically insults all Warner Bros. properties with their implementations and I would love for Universal to get the theme park rights to all of Time Warner's properties. It wouldn't be a huge blow to Six Flags if they got a big paycheck. No one goes to Six Flags to see Batman; they go to ride the coaster because it's a fun coaster. Theme means nothing at Six Flags, they're amusement parks, not theme parks. They've lost properties before and changed the rides easily. Similar situation for when Cedar Fair acquired the Paramount parks.

Universal would actually do the properties justice and it would give some timeless characters. Honestly, does the average guest recognize 20% of the characters in Toon Lagoon? They should really go after the Warner Bros. characters again. Then they could get Cartoon Network, Hanna-Barbera, and Tom & Jerry (how great of a ride would that be?).

Last edited:
I am very well aware of everything. I don't understand why Universal getting DC is a rumor, because it probably won't happen for many years. But man if IOA was Tooniversal Studios, and if Uni just paid the 40 million dollars.

Ok maybe he is more pro-Disney than Universal, unlike this site, but it's not like he doesn't know anything about Universal.

- - - Updated - - -

Listen to the Disney Dish podcast with Len Testa, episode 9. It's... well, just listen.

I listened to this last week. He knows a lot about Universal, and it's not like he's bashing them like any Disney fan.

Listen, I love and listen to Hill every chance I get. I also recognize there is a glimmer of truth (and sometimes more) to most of what he says.

That being said, he loves to have an answer to everything even when he is clueless. Case in point, as of June 1st when I reported Hogwarts Express permits (and months after the DA layout was posted) he was still saying Disaster would have to be demolished AND that Uni still wasn't sure they were gonna go through with expansion.

He's great, he's entertaining, but his word isn't gospel. You won't find a bigger Jim Hill fan than me though.

Yeah nobody is always spot on except for Universal Creative of course. I just find Jim Hill to be a good listen since I can only listen to Universal podcasts. It's really hard to listen to Disney podcasts when you don't have the best of feelings for it.

So your right ReelJustice, but at least you think he's not all BS, because if he was he would only be associated with Disney period

There are going to be more and more and more characters in both parks. Comcast came on and asked Universal what things they had cut back on over the years. Universal's answer, "Everything". With Comcast's financing and at their direction, UOR is reintroducing a ton of long gone goodies such as characters; lots of them. That is one reason for the highly unusual float appearances for meet and greets during the day. Uni has also reintroduced brush-up rehearsals for all performers (of which there haven't been any since 9/11). These now occur once a month or every few months; I can't recall exactly.

I respect Jim Hill so much, and a lot of the time he knows his stuff. I listen to podcasts featuring him all of the time. But take what he says with a grain of salt, especially Universal stuff. I don't think I've ever heard the man say "I don't know", so either he truly does know everything about theme parks, or a portion of what he says is filler.

I used to listen/read some of Jim Hills posts and after that Monsters inc. coaster I never really listened to him since(Not that I have nothing against the guy I just get high hopes from some of the things hes said in the past that really never came to be about).

So could we see characters like Rocky and Bullwinkle, and Dudley Do-Right back?

I hope not...I know those that grew up with newspaper comics may like them, but personally I really don't care for them (I'm 20 btw so not too much of a youngin)...Personally I think Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network are the two best IPs the park could adopt...Wouldn't mind a Dreamworks Island in IOA either..

I hope not...I know those that grew up with newspaper comics may like them, but personally I really don't care for them (I'm 20 btw so not too much of a youngin)...Personally I think Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network are the two best IPs the park could adopt...Wouldn't mind a Dreamworks Island in IOA either..

Well I'm younger than 20, and I rather have classic cartoons than the crap Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network has now. Maybe classic Nick and CN characters from the 90s or early 2000s would be better.

- - - Updated - - -

Bullwinkle never left...

Yes I know Bulkwinkle never left, but I wish they can bring back Rocky.

Reactions: figment1986
Well I'm younger than 20, and I rather have classic cartoons than the crap Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network has now. Maybe classic Nick and CN characters from the 90s or early 2000s would be better.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I know Bulkwinkle never left, but I wish they can bring back Rocky.

Well reading this thread I'd agree. But how would small children interact with what we grew up with? Universal isn't Disney. Disney has been surviving off that if you ask me haha!
But I definitely would love to see it. Not sure how younger children of today and tomorrow would accept such characters though.

For instance, I love toon lagoon. But Popeye? Couldn't tell you anything about him except he ate spinnach and was always after some woman. I couldn't tell you anything about Ripsaw Falls either.

Status
Not open for further replies.