Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Nighttime Lights at Hogwarts Castle - Hollywood

^To me, the current show ends in what is essentially an "Instagram" moment, where it's sort of implied people will hang around and take pics. That said, in my experience, after most people get their pics, they gradually move along.

Why is the show ending so soon?! Why can't they finish the month of August or go through Labor day? Is there anything we can do to have Universal extend it? Seriously, I just need one or two more weekends. I wish it was a daily show in the summer and then a weekend show during off-season. I was going to take my parents late August and realized the show would no long be running. That's so disappointing.

Why is the show ending so soon?! Why can't they finish the month of August or go through Labor day? Is there anything we can do to have Universal extend it? Seriously, I just need one or two more weekends. I wish it was a daily show in the summer and then a weekend show during off-season. I was going to take my parents late August and realized the show would no long be running. That's so disappointing.

It is a night show. Often in the off season, they close at 6pm. Not exactly dark enough for a night show.

That said, I do think they could've kept the longer hours going through Labor Day. But many schools also return Aug 16, so that may have been a factor in considering the "end" of the peak season.

I doubt it'll be any different than any other night.

Yeah, probably not. But that I do want to point out something that I think needs to be taken into consideration for the holidays, that being this.

They tested Pyro on the 9th. And that it wasn't for Waterworld, nor was it for a private event. And that the pyrotechnics were quieter than the ones that are used on Disney Property.

^During the show? I'm surprised I didn't hear of it. Also, I would've thought the issue with pyro would be more than just the noise, it'd be the fire hazard to all the dry brush on the surrounding hills.

^During the show? I'm surprised I didn't hear of it. Also, I would've thought the issue with pyro would be more than just the noise, it'd be the fire hazard to all the dry brush on the surrounding hills.

It was after park hours, and not during the show.

As for location, it seems like that they are using the back of WW.

It was after park hours, and not during the show.

As for location, it seems like that they are using the back of WW.

The whole grand opening show excluding the finale can (and looks like it was) shot directly off of the FJ building. The show was mostly made up of mines and comets, which are generally considered safe are able to be closer to the audience compared to the big high level shells that are used during the finale.

I was expecting for the roof top pyro to be in the lightly show, and not the high level. My guess is the only reason we didn't get the fireworks in the nightly show was budget. Mines and comets do not produce loud noises at all.

The whole grand opening show excluding the finale can (and looks like it was) shot directly off of the FJ building. The show was mostly made up of mines and comets, which are generally considered safe are able to be closer to the audience compared to the big high level shells that are used during the finale.

I was expecting for the roof top pyro to be in the lightly show, and not the high level. My guess is the only reason we didn't get the fireworks in the nightly show was budget. Mines and comets do not produce loud noises at all.

If I remember correctly; wasn't the fireworks for the ceremony done on the Curious George parking structure and not on the FJ showbuilding itself? Perhaps I am wrong, but I think you are mis-locating where they were.

If you're doing a show every 15-20 minutes there is not enough time to reload pyro safely.
Which is why I have to wonder why they tested pyrotechnics after hour in the first place.

None of the fireworks tested seemed to be the ones used for Waterworld in general; and that if they go through Pyro, they may have to change the showtimes for the holiday's to accomodate more time.

It's just something to think about.

If you're doing a show every 15-20 minutes there is not enough time to reload pyro safely.

The pyro for every showing of Fantasmic in a given night is all preloaded hours before any of the shows start. Pyro doesn't have to be "reloaded" after each show haha.

The big issue is that Universal tends to rely heavily on outside sources for this type of thing. They work closely with "Pyro Spectaculars" for this type of stuff. The simple addition of pyro would be a huge investment, no matter how big the fireworks they use. I don't personally see them doing it.

If I remember correctly; wasn't the fireworks for the ceremony done on the Curious George parking structure and not on the FJ showbuilding itself? Perhaps I am wrong, but I think you are mis-locating where they were.

Big finale shells from George and everything else from the roof of FJ. They could load all 5 shows at the beginning of the night and just reload daily

Yeah, I understand it has to be a night show and off-season the hours are shorter, but I thought it still opened later on weekends. Regardless, they should still keep the show until Labor Day. That's the more traditional end of summer season. Plus, this year is #19YearsLater in the Harry Potter fandom. Friday, September 1st is the MOST PERFECT DATE to hear the Sorting Hat talk about the different houses. Just as there was an extra flow of HP fans for his birthday on July 31st, I think there will be extra guests for the day back on the Hogwarts Express. I want to know what can we do to encourage Universal to extend the show? Just leave feedback? Contact Guest Services? Other ideas?

k_peek is correct. All four or five shows could be loaded at the top of day.

I believe in this case the in-house pyro folks want to do the show themselves and not bring in Pyro Spectaculars. The test on the 9th looked like mines and comets to me - no shells. You are correct Alex, some of the fireworks for the Opening Ceremony were shot from the parking garage. The top level had to be closed and the fallout area (partially in CityWalk) had to be closed off. That will not happen for a daily show.

eivega, you should leave feedback and contact guest services. Of course starting the weekend of sept 15 HHN starts so the most they could extend it is 4 weekends. I hope you're successful!