The Museum: Deadly Exhibits (HHN 33) | Inside Universal Forums

The Museum: Deadly Exhibits (HHN 33)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
A folk museum is not a natural history museum, so probably a no on mummies as well as dinosaur skeletons and the like. That said, not sure which culture this museum focuses on, tho "The Rotting Stone" sounds vaguely colonial American. Still no idea where this is going yet, which makes it somewhat interesting.

Kinda wondering if this is a stealth icon house. The “folklore exhibit” could have the black heart blob from the ad (the rotting stone) or some artifact in it that infects the town and could tie together the other houses as corruptions emanating from the ancient god?

"Nightmare at the Museum" is a horror concept that has fascinated me for years and I'm excited to finally see some version of that concept actually happen!

I love the thought of going through different exhibits; Egyptian Tombs, Old West dioramas, Dinosaur Bones, Taxidermied Animals; and all throughout there being parts of those exhibits coming after you and trying to force you to join them as your own new exhibit! And I especially love the thought that because it's a museum, the sets and dioramas can look a little bit chintzy! The original house concepts so far really do a wonderful job straddling the line between campy and scary, and I'm incredibly excited to see how it all turns out in August!

I think it's folklore more like ancient cultures / pagan cultures and their creatures. hopefully some references to Vikings Undead, the mummy, or Hades Games of Ruin, almost like Tomb of the Ancients. But cryptids would be very fun if they do that route.
it'll be nifty to see them go that route, I'm guessing this is Sprung Tent 1 now? I hope there is a good facade for this one, it would kill in a soundstage though.

This is giving me Case Files vibes in the best possible way. As mentioned already, wouldn't be surprised if this is the 'IYKYK' house with lots of references.
And with already a couple originals that will be call backs to previous incarnated houses and easter eggs, this one will no different I'm sure, I like the blend of comedy, dark comedy and straight dark toned originals this year, this original line up is looking good so far.

The "folklore" aspect really captures my interest. Also like others have said - it is virtually guaranteed that there will be a ton of Easter Eggs in here.

Reactions: Ahmanet