The Last of Us (HHN 32) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

The Last of Us (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've played the game recently and am glad the creators get a chance to bring this to HHN. Regarding Pittsburgh, that's the location where Joel gets stuck in the hotel basement by himself with all of those infected?

If so - that was easily the scariest level of the game for me. It stressed me out the first time through so bad that I didn't play the game for months after that. Loved it.
Yes - the basement section is the most terrifying part of the game. That absolutely HAS to be in the house.

Reactions: Ahmanet and Darko
Are there many big set pieces in the Pittsburgh section of the game? Unique environments? That ruined lobby looks cool.

Last edited:
I always felt like seeds of extinction was their way of kinda doing an ip-less version of TLOU and feel like it should be a good indication of the level of detail we can expect because that house was beautiful.

If it's expected to go into new parade have the houses there always been given the same sq footage or can they adapt based on how big they wanna go? Kinda like how monsters last year seemed to have more space than usual in the old parade building.

Since Pittsburgh is a section with a heavy focus on Hunters and only a handful of Infected set pieces, I'm curious to see how everything is portrayed.

When Resident Evil was adapted, it was still pretty common for Universal to have a lot of firearm-centric scares, and even entire haunts based around them (ex. Havoc: Derailed from that same year). Things have obviously changed a lot since then, so I do wonder how big of a part Hunters will play, or how literally they'll be adapted from the game.

Also, the incredible sewer level is also *technically* a part of the Pittsburgh section, and would seem to fit the bill of "a labyrinth of dark and dank tunnels" that were mentioned in the press release. I hope that is true- and I hope we get Easter Eggs for Ish as well.

I've played the game recently and am glad the creators get a chance to bring this to HHN. Regarding Pittsburgh, that's the location where Joel gets stuck in the hotel basement by himself with all of those infected?

If so - that was easily the scariest level of the game for me. It stressed me out the first time through so bad that I didn't play the game for months after that. Loved it.

That's also the only section it Pittsburgh that contains an encounter with a Bloater as well, so *fingers crossed*

I’ve been a fan of Naughty Dog since Crash Bandicoot. Jak and Daxter is my favorite series of all time with The Precursor Legacy being my favorite game ever.

But The Last of Us is honestly there magnum opus. When Jak II first came out, the writing was a massive step up for them and they only got better ever since. When The Last of Us came out in 2013, I got it day one like I do with all their games. And it brought me back to that first time playing Jak II (first game where the story captured me so much and remains my favorite video game story ever) and experience an amazing story with great gameplay. And I consider it to be one of the greatest games ever.

So to say that I’m excited for this house is an understatement. I would have been good with the TV series but the fact it’s based on the game instead fills me with an astronomical amount of joy and excitement.

I cannot wait to experience one of the greatest games of all time, in HHN house form.

Since Pittsburgh is a section with a heavy focus on Hunters and only a handful of Infected set pieces, I'm curious to see how everything is portrayed.

When Resident Evil was adapted, it was still pretty common for Universal to have a lot of firearm-centric scares, and even entire haunts based around them (ex. Havoc: Derailed from that same year). Things have obviously changed a lot since then, so I do wonder how big of a part Hunters will play, or how literally they'll be adapted from the game.

Also, the incredible sewer level is also *technically* a part of the Pittsburgh section, and would seem to fit the bill of "a labyrinth of dark and dank tunnels" that were mentioned in the press release. I hope that is true- and I hope we get Easter Eggs for Ish as well.

That's also the only section it Pittsburgh that contains an encounter with a Bloater as well, so *fingers crossed*

I would expect the sewer tunnels to appear in some capacity. Hunters will probably have machetes and other physical combat weapons in lieu of guns. If Joel and Ellie appear with firearms, they won't be aimed at guests. (Remember that Cases Unearthed prominently featured gunfire, but again, it was never directed toward the guests - always at other monsters, seen and unseen.)

I would also expect a Bloater. Murdy strongly hinted we'd encounter one in Hollywood, so I'd expect the same for Orlando.

I’ve been a fan of Naughty Dog since Crash Bandicoot. Jak and Daxter is my favorite series of all time with The Precursor Legacy being my favorite game ever.

But The Last of Us is honestly there magnum opus. When Jak II first came out, the writing was a massive step up for them and they only got better ever since. When The Last of Us came out in 2013, I got it day one like I do with all their games. And it brought me back to that first time playing Jak II (first game where the story captured me so much and remains my favorite video game story ever) and experience an amazing story with great gameplay. And I consider it to be one of the greatest games ever.

So to say that I’m excited for this house is an understatement. I would have been good with the TV series but the fact it’s based on the game instead fills me with an astronomical amount of joy and excitement.

I cannot wait to experience one of the greatest games of all time, in HHN house form.

personally think Last of Us II is the best game narrative ever, the story is so far above what other developers are doing. Naughty Dog has only made incredible games. Can't wait for this house. Assuming Neil has some supervision over this? If so, it will be incredible.

Reactions: JungleSkip
personally think Last of Us II is the best game narrative ever, the story is so far above what other developers are doing. Naughty Dog has only made incredible games. Can't wait for this house. Assuming Neil has some supervision over this? If so, it will be incredible.
I can agree but I always love giving credit to Jak II and The Last of Us Part I as I feel they were the biggest jumps in Naughty Dog’s writing and storytelling. And I just prefer the more fantasy world of Jak from a creative and artistic standpoint.

Reactions: rhino4evr
I get to experience the greatest game of all time every time I go to a park (Rollercoaster Tycoon 2). ;)

I'm super pumped too, this house is going to be special. Also, Universal, contact me, I have some authentic stuff I want to put in the house.
Tell me about it, I can get lost for hours in Rollercoaster Tycoon perfecting just one coaster.

And universal really really should go more for games. We had resident evil and silent hill before, but uni should get more games. What about something like a DOOM house, or like people keep asking, Dead Space. I haven't played dead space but people keep asking for it.

I keep begging for a Dead by Daylight house or street. And Blumhouse is doing the dead by daylight movie, so there's already a connection there.
We definitely need more games. Hopefully this house opens the door a little bit more
A Dead By Daylight zone would go hard

Reactions: gibert
A Dead By Daylight zone would go hard

We can dream

header.jpg