The Impact of Wizarding World | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

The Impact of Wizarding World

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

How much will HP increase USH's attendance, and will it prompt an expansion?

• Some attendance increase; no expansion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some attendance increase; expansion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
UOR has twice as much land to use for Potter. We, however, do not. There really isn't that much room anymore in the Falls Lake area due to Fast and Furious: Supercharged, so don't expect to be walking around there in your wizard robes anytime soon.
Exactly. Any room for the Hogwarts Express is now not available. I don't see them getting rid of the Falls Lake...

The only substantial land increase that I could see happening would be from Soundstage 12. If we're being optimistic, the golf course could always be used as well.

But beyond that, it's a bit difficult to imagine Universal building anything substantial beyond the current footprint.
Yeah, this is why I voted "no" on expansion, because while I believe it'll lead to new experiences, I highly doubt much will be taken out of new land acquired by the property. Any new attractions will be at first replacements of old ones. Potter will, however, make them take pause. The amount of influx they will get for at least a year will be far too strong to warrant any closures/construction. 

Yeahhhh, Potter is gonna make USH feel like a sardine can. This summer will feel like off season in comparison. Also prepare for a MAJOR price increase.
Universal will most likely skyrocket to meet Disney's numbers, if just a couple dollars less to make it seem like the consumer is getting their bang for their buck.

Yeah, this is why I voted "no" on expansion, because while I believe it'll lead to new experiences, I highly doubt much will be taken out of new land acquired by the property. Any new attractions will be at first replacements of old ones. Potter will, however, make them take pause. The amount of influx they will get for at least a year will be far too strong to warrant any closures/construction.

Universal will most likely skyrocket to meet Disney's numbers, if just a couple dollars less to make it seem like the consumer is getting their bang for their buck.
I think so too, but even a couple dollars less for us USH fans helps :)

I think expansion is inveitable... They need to make room for all the people that's coming. In peak season the park already feels very crowded, imagine when Potter opens. They need to be capable of accepting more people othwerwise it's going to be a PR nightmare of thousands of people being turned down at the gates. The maximum capacity numbers are hard to find since it seems it varies wildly everyday. I have read a lot of info and our capacity is between 35 000 and 45 000 (the first one is a guess by someone about IOA and the second one is an anecdotal one and the person didn't remember well) Take it with a grain of salt. So, with those numbers, it does seem we need an urgent expansion. The park will be packed

I think expansion is inveitable... They need to make room for all the people that's coming. In peak season the park already feels very crowded, imagine when Potter opens. They need to be capable of accepting more people othwerwise it's going to be a PR nightmare of thousands of people being turned down at the gates. The maximum capacity numbers are hard to find since it seems it varies wildly everyday. I have read a lot of info and our capacity is between 35 000 and 45 000 (the first one is a guess by someone about IOA and the second one is an anecdotal one and the person didn't remember well) Take it with a grain of salt. So, with those numbers, it does seem we need an urgent expansion. The park will be packed
Either way... we're getting a better park.